Cricket Player Manager
Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

Tried taking a few pics with a good old film SLR cam. I am an amateur photographer. Here are some pics that I took at Mahabalipuram in Chennai, India.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bracken View Post
    Yeah, I should add that I think the absolute most important thing to keep in mind when you're buying camera gear is that if it's your cash, it's your choice. You'll tear less hairs out if you buy something YOU want and later regret it than if you buy something on someone else's recommendation and regret it.

Either way, a UWA is a great addition to the kit. You'll be pleased with it.
    I'm looking forward to using one, I just have to remember to get as close as possible to things.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Nice area metallics, probably need to resize though
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Nice area metallics, probably need to resize though
    Just hit ctrl + - while viewing the thread. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    Just hit ctrl + - while viewing the thread. It works.
    Works better if you mention that before making us wait for the images to load and fill the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Works better if you mention that before making us wait for the images to load and fill the screen.
    Thanks for pointing that out mum. Now get me my coffee, please.

Thanks for pointing that out mum. Now get me my coffee, please.
    Only Horlicks for you, madayan

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Only Horlicks for you, madayan
    Heart breaking stuff. I call for an IP ban.

Banned
    Tried taking a few pics with a good old film SLR cam. I am an amateur photographer. Here are some pics that I took at Mahabalipuram in Chennai, India.

Some good shots Metallics.

They do appear to be overexposed a little but they are very interesting. On bright sunny days it could be worth trying a bit of minus exposure compensation as most DSLR's do over expose in these conditions. I visited the vally of temples in Sicily and had the same problem but will be going back in a couple of months and this time will use a polarizing filter.

Best money you will spend IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
    Some good shots Metallics.

They do appear to be overexposed a little but they are very interesting. On bright sunny days it could be worth trying a bit of minus exposure compensation as most DSLR's do over expose in these conditions. I visited the vally of temples in Sicily and had the same problem but will be going back in a couple of months and this time will use a polarizing filter.
    All shots taken with the aperture setting on 5.6 btw. What aperture setting would you use on sunny days? I used a 100x film for those photos. Some photos had a bluish tint to them which I did not post. What could be the problem?

Banned
    All shots taken with the aperture setting on 5.6 btw. What aperture setting would you use on sunny days? I used a 100x film for those photos. Some photos had a bluish tint to them which I did not post. What could be the problem?
    For this type of photography I would depending on the lens, try to shoot with an aperture setting around 8-11 as this will give a better depth of field bringing more of the picture into focus and a slower shutter speed. Even with the smaller aperture I would still look at under exposing at least a third.

So its not a DSLR, then I could have mistaken the quality of the pics if they are scanned in and not actual JPEGS/RAW files from the camera.

The blue tinge is chromatic distortion, this is due to the brightness of the sky as compared to the deeper tones of the subject. When you have such a large difference in the light areas and dark areas where they merge becomes to hard to define, googling "dynamic range" and "chromatic distortion" will give some good information better explained than I could.

Thanks a bunch for that info. Will try what you have said while taking pics today.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    For sunny days, I'd recommend somewhere between 8 and 32, depending on the cloud cover. I generally use 11 or 16 on bright sunny days. You may also want to try a polarizing filter if you're doing a lot of outdoor shooting, on sunny days.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread Information