Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

U19 Debutant
    I don't know if anyone is interested, but Digital Works is doing a pretty good special on prints at the moment. $12.50 for 20" x 30" prints on matte, gloss or metallic.
    Andy, not Nathan. NOT Nathan. My left hand is reserved for lighting cigarettes.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    I joined a website the other day that gives you 20 free 15x10 (or 10x15) photos, you just have to pay postage. Useful if you live in Australia. Can't remember the name of it, but I'll look it up and post it here.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

The website above is called 'Snapfish', have to get my 20 photos uploaded before the deal expires.

Here's one I took on Jeju Island on the way out to a famous waterfall:

And this is at the Teddy Bear Museum on Jeju Island:

And this is a little stray cat we saw in the middle of Ulsan city:

Last edited by Son Of Coco; 21-09-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Havent actually posted here for a while, took these a few weeks back. The second pic i used abit of lightroom.

Last edited by godofcricket; 21-09-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

> > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    No photoshopping at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

I can really appreciate good photography, just never got the knack of it myself.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Can anyone recommend a good camera for under $300?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    My girlfriend has the Canon IXUS 95 and the pics on that look pretty good.

This one looks good too:

Olympus stylus 6000 Digital Cameras - About.com

This one won the best camera in that price category on CNET:

Canon PowerShot SD880 IS (silver) - NYTimes.com

Olympus are good cameras and that one's waterproof if you want to take it swimming.

I'm not sure which websites are good for comparing prices in the USA, I usually jump online in Australia and check the prices at online stores. If you're prepared to buy online you'll probably get a better camera for the $300 than at a shop. You just have to check where it's from, whether it's authenitc and whether you get a warranty if it's an import.

And ignore the part where it says the Olympus is 'only' 10 megapixels...unless you're looking for a camera that takes pics big enough to wallpaper your walls. Both of my cameras are 10 megapixels and they're fine.

And I'd recommend a Canon G9 if you can get one for under $300 (or even a G7), they're a good camera if you're looking to have some manual functions on a point and shoot and the video's good. Gives you some room for learning if you're looking to eventually step up to a dSLR.

If this isn't the case though there are some good point and shoots with no manual functions like the ones I mentioned above. I think you should make picture quality the priority with point and shoots though rather than the gimmicky things that come with some of them like 'smile recognising technology' where it doesn't take a shot until the people are smiling etc. If you can't work out when people are smiling then I don't think a camera is for you
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 22-09-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    What SoC suggested. Canon SD880 IS is the best in its class. You can't go wrong with a Canon, it has the best Point and Shoot Camera IMO.

Managed to capture this during the weekend:

Nice shot mate!

I'm just trying to learn lightening and darkening areas on your picture with photoshop (A bit different to the above, just making faces/areas in shadows darker and vice versa)...tried what was suggested on a website but it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Nice shot mate!

I'm just trying to learn lightening and darkening areas on your picture with photoshop (A bit different to the above, just making faces/areas in shadows darker and vice versa)...tried what was suggested on a website but it didn't work.
    Thanks. The cat pic is inverse vignette in lightroom which basically made the edges brigther and then i used dodge brush in PS to redefine it, thats all.

To make dark shadows, you just have to use burn brush with very low opacity or low brush flow, there are tens of ways to achieve burn effect. I just keep trying different things, i am currently experimenting with flash light and long exposure. I will post some pics soon, it actually looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by godofcricket View Post
    Thanks. The cat pic is inverse vignette in lightroom which basically made the edges brigther and then i used dodge brush in PS to redefine it, thats all.

To make dark shadows, you just have to use burn brush with very low opacity or low brush flow, there are tens of ways to achieve burn effect. I just keep trying different things, i am currently experimenting with flash light and long exposure. I will post some pics soon, it actually looks pretty cool.
    A friend of a friend did some really long exposures at the beach at night and they looked really good. Am looking at getting a remote sometime myself to try them out.

Pinball Champion!
    I've just bought a Canon 400D. Like my old camera but newer and better.. I've been happy with the results..

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I really need to start getting into Photoshop properly. About the same time as I get a good 400mm lens I think.

This was one I took a couple of weeks ago with my 70-300mm lens. I suspect it would look miles better if I knew what I was doing with Photoshop.

National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread Information