Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: What camera do you own?

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, I always think of Hingeh when I go though Taunton on the train and see this.
    I was working in Hungerford just before I moved back here and thought about you, although as we've never met I didn't really know what to think about.. You can see my parents house from the train as well, on the hills as you are heading towards Cornwall and look left

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    I was working in Hungerford just before I moved back here and thought about you, although as we've never met I didn't really know what to think about.. You can see my parents house from the train as well, on the hills as you are heading towards Cornwall and look left
    Haha, yeah, it's always on the way to Cornwall that I go through Taunton, the train also goes through Exeter which always makes me think of Richard and Pickup too. I remember you saying you were working in Hungerford actually, shame Hingeh, you were only 15 minutes away and we didn't go for a pint, sad times.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, yeah, it's always on the way to Cornwall that I go through Taunton, the train also goes through Exeter which always makes me think of Richard and Pickup too. I remember you saying you were working in Hungerford actually, shame Hingeh, you were only 15 minutes away and we didn't go for a pint, sad times.
    I remember there being some sort of beer festival on at the time and waking up in the back of the work van the following morning.. Quality times, I can still work for the Thames Valley crowd so I'll let you know if I come back

I remember there being some sort of beer festival on at the time and waking up in the back of the work van the following morning.. Quality times, I can still work for the Thames Valley crowd so I'll let you know if I come back
    Yeah do it, I actually live in Reading now so I'm a little bit further away, but not by much.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    House was broken into a few weeks ago.. The camera and lens were sat next to each other.. They took the camera and left the lens (which costs 4x as much as the camera).. I'm not planning on replacing it until next year .. My work in England will let me use their stuff so it's not as important as it could be
    That's terrible mate. At least you have access to one I suppose, but it still sucks to lose it. What are you going to get when you eventually buy one?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Those are some fantastic photos, SoC!
    Thanks mate. I'm still working on getting the photoshopping right, it takes some time at the moment. When two photos from the same day look different then I think I still have some problems haha.

Need to just get out and take more photos too, I tend to do not much unless I go somewhere on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Thanks mate. I'm still working on getting the photoshopping right, it takes some time at the moment. When two photos from the same day look different then I think I still have some problems haha.

Need to just get out and take more photos too, I tend to do not much unless I go somewhere on holiday.
    I work on the theory that the more photos I take, I'm bound to get a decent one in there.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I work on the theory that the more photos I take, I'm bound to get a decent one in there.
    Yeah I think that's a good theory, although I think for a while there I was just clicking away with my old digital camera and not really thinking about it much. It can be a bad habit to get into. When I first changed from my old Olympus film camera to digital I was taking some good shots, and my theory was I was still thinking about each photo like I was using film. Then I got lazy and just clicked away for a while before realising a lot of my photos were ****! haha

It's always disappointing to take heaps and then look at them later and realise you wasted your time.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    That's terrible mate. At least you have access to one I suppose, but it still sucks to lose it. What are you going to get when you eventually buy one?
    Well I have to have one that fits my lens, so I will either buy a Canon 1D mkII from work, as I think they can wangle me a seriously good deal, or I'll get myself a Canon 400D.. I used to have a 350D, it was outstanding value for money and I don't really want to change.

Should have some more photos up tonight.

I just peered over a bank at the Ecology Park on Monday - kestrel was just sat there in the beck (was only an inch deep) with a wet tail letting me take photos. Weird how stuff like that happens. Even decided to fly up onto a branch for a few more pictures (facing the wrong way though, back is boring compared to the stripey front). Is now my new MSN avatar - until I *finally* get a proper a shot of an adult kingfisher (friggin branches were in the way last time).

Will have to stop being bone idle and upload some stuff to my website. Also could do with getting one of those microfibre cloths I think. Doing coverage for a big Scrabble tourney next weekend, hopefully England will have regained the Ashes by then as there'll be a few jocks floating around...
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 19-08-2009 at 04:01 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Any comments/feedback would be appreciated.

Thrilling shot of a construction site

The top one is the best imo.

Yeah I think the top one is best too.

The light isn't good in a lot of the others and it's hard to take shots from a car. I think it was a bit late in the day for some of the other pics, if everything's in the shadows/there's no sun then the shots look a bit flat. Probably better off waiting for the sun to go down in the city once it gets to this stage and getting some lights etc.

The beach shot is an example of this, it needs some sunlight to give the shot something more in my opinion. Early morning or late afternoon is usually the best. With the sun going down over the hills on the coast you'd have to get there quite a bit before sunset I think. All the high-rises block out the sun.

As for the forest, I think a tripod is needed a lot of the time to get the shots bright enough with all the shadows you have to deal with.

Good to see you taking a lot of shots though Craig, and it's good to have somewhere to post photos people can comment on here.

If you want some more feedback from people who spend a lot of time photographing things (some of them are professionals) head over to the canon digital forums (or any other photography forum you can find) and post some stuff over there too.

Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information