Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange dreams

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar

Strange dreams

I was watching England play some local Indian side, "Chennak" or something (not Chennai), and had set them 200 odd to win. First I thought it was a test match, but they wore coloured clothing and I found out it was some 10/10 match organised by the Indian Allen Stanford. While I was bemoaning the end of cricket, England's fielding was dire and missed two run-out opportunities off one delivery. So the Indian Allen Stanford brought himself on (why he was playing for England I have no idea) and with his "medium" pace, putting it charitably, takes a wicket 2nd ball. His half-tracker hitting the top of off stump, inducing a comically early forward-defensive from the batsman. My mate decrees England are certain to win, and turns off the TV.

I wake up before a sex scene can break out.

I had a dream where my wife and I had stolen the baby of the woman living behind us and were attempting to pass it off as our own, which of course meant we could never let her see it as she'd recognise the bub. Was a rather horrid nightmare by the end actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    I was watching England play some local Indian side, "Chennak" or something (not Chennai), and had set them 200 odd to win. First I thought it was a test match, but they wore coloured clothing and I found out it was some 10/10 match organised by the Indian Allen Stanford. While I was bemoaning the end of cricket, England's fielding was dire and missed two run-out opportunities off one delivery. So the Indian Allen Stanford brought himself on (why he was playing for England I have no idea) and with his "medium" pace, putting it charitably, takes a wicket 2nd ball. His half-tracker hitting the top of off stump, inducing a comically early forward-defensive from the batsman. My mate decrees England are certain to win, and turns off the TV.

I wake up before a sex scene can break out.
    Hang on, you're disappointed you wake up before a sex scene can break out between you and your mate...

Wery interesting..

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Had a dream I was eating a pillow and when I woke up my giant marshmallow was gone! What's that about??!?

Nah, very rare I remember my dreams, although I did have a very bizarre one a few years ago where I was showing my holiday snaps to Wasim Akram in a pub whilst he desperately tried to convince me of his innocence about the (then current) match fixing allegations. He kept asking "You believe me, don't you? You know me.", which didn't strike me as odd at the time, but does in retropsect, given I've never once ever even seen him in the flesh. He was also very impressed by my mate Chris's hairy chest in the pics for some reason.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Having really strange run with dreams at the moment, in that they're not really vivid, it just seems as though a lot of subjects or people cycle through my head while I'm asleep with no point or substance. It all runs together, and worst thing is, sometimes can't tell anymore if things I've said to people or things I've done were a dream or not. :/
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Banned
    Saw a dream yesterday in which some thing happened to me which was so good and nice to be true, and I wished in the dream that I am not dreaming, and was happy when the dream continued, till I woke up in my bed and realised the **** was a dream. Damn.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Keep dreaming of getting caught by Speed Cameras...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Keep dreaming a lot about work lately. Can't wait for my week off.
    RIP Craigos

I dreamt last night that I gave my grandma €3. She wanted 7 and even spotted the tenner in my wallet but I didn't wanna give it up. Now here's the spooky part: she died before the Euro was introduced!

International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indipper View Post
    I dreamt last night that I gave my grandma 3. She wanted 7 and even spotted the tenner in my wallet but I didn't wanna give it up. Now here's the spooky part: she died before the Euro was introduced!
    Normally I would have told you, shouldn't have given her the money 'cause now she'll come back. But good of you not to give her the amount she wanted. She might not visit again.. for a while. Never give them a reason to come back..
    Padi ag ofin ton fach unig Sua, sua ar lan y mor Huna blentyn nid oes yma Ddim i roddi iti fraw

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    It all runs together, and worst thing is, sometimes can't tell anymore if things I've said to people or things I've done were a dream or not. :/
    I've found the same thing happening to me too. Couldn't recall if I'd actually had a conversation with this one guy, or if I'd dreamed it. Very strange, and a bit annoying too.
    Supporting: NSW & Australia, women's cricket

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydl View Post
    I've found the same thing happening to me too. Couldn't recall if I'd actually had a conversation with this one guy, or if I'd dreamed it. Very strange, and a bit annoying too.
    Yeah, and sometimes I don't even realise. I'll be talking to someone about something that's happened thinking they know, but then they just go "what? I'm confused. When did all this happen?" etc.

I had a dream last night, where I went to England, Belgium, France, Italy, Belarus, Russia, and America, wwhere upon arriving in the States, NP greeted me with a cement mixer and a shovel and said he would make me some new shoes.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Not a dream but something very strange happened last week. I was shopping for grocery suddenly a girl round my age comes up to me and start talking to me all the usual stuff Hey long time no see blah blah... she kept on talking for 2-3 minutes and all I was doing the usual odd nod and smile and thats because I had never even seen or met her before and she talked quite a few relevant stuff so I can not even disregard that she might have confused me with someone else, for the past week I have been thinking hard but just cant connect who was she.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Yeah that's happened to me before. In fact a guy who started talking to me like that still doesn't ring a bell five years later. Thing is I was quite well known in high school (for all the wrong reasons) so who knows.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information