Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best MP3 player?

Best MP3 player?

Need a new one and considering not getting an iPod this time. What do people recommend?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

iPod are actually the best, was reluctant at first. Best value if you're looking around 80gb tbh, haven't had one problem with mine and think they're around $300 now.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    inb4 iPod related ****storm.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Am also on the look-out for a new one 'cause mine broke, probably just go with an iPod. Too much music for my old one.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I bought an iPod in March this year, and am really not sure if I want to get another one next time I need a new mp3. It stopped working in June, but I took it to a supplier here in Hangzhou and it was really easy to change and get a new one for free, which I was surprised about since I'd bought it in Sydney. But now this one's been broken for about a month as well, it won't let me add any music on to it. Been meaning to take it to the supplier again, but haven't gotten around to it. In short, the customer service was great but the product itself not so good. I had a 20gb Zen before that and it lasted me a long time, despite being dropped down stairs and continually beaten. I did want to get another Creative when I bought my iPod, but I couldn't find any alternative to an iPod that wasn't limited at about 3-5 gbs, unless you're talking about buying online.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy31 View Post
    iPod are actually the best, was reluctant at first. Best value if you're looking around 80gb tbh, haven't had one problem with mine and think they're around $300 now.
    Yeah 250 at Dick Smiths, might go that actually, dunno, just a bit sick of them, have had three already.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    How about a Zune? My brother-in-law has one and is quite happy with it.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    I bought an iPod in March this year, and am really not sure if I want to get another one next time I need a new mp3. It stopped working in June, but I took it to a supplier here in Hangzhou and it was really easy to change and get a new one for free, which I was surprised about since I'd bought it in Sydney. But now this one's been broken for about a month as well, it won't let me add any music on to it. Been meaning to take it to the supplier again, but haven't gotten around to it. In short, the customer service was great but the product itself not so good. I had a 20gb Zen before that and it lasted me a long time, despite being dropped down stairs and continually beaten. I did want to get another Creative when I bought my iPod, but I couldn't find any alternative to an iPod that wasn't limited at about 3-5 gbs, unless you're talking about buying online.
    Come on, you live in China, it can't be that hard to get one and on the cheap as well outside of your supplier.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    think james or some one once started a simillar thread...

would have some suggestion in it
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I've got an iPod Classic 80GB and had virtually no problems with it. Bought it for about 130 quid which is pretty decent value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Used to have an iPod, battery basically died within 12-18 months, had to charge it every day to get maybe 2-3 hours of use out of it. Pissed me off no end so it was important that my next mp3 player (Cowon D2) had a decent battery life. Battery life is listed at 52 hours audio (10 hours video), had mine for two years or so, hardly ever charge it and have never run out of battery. Very good in all other respects as well, plays movies and whatever if you're into that but I just use it for music. Flash-based memory so you're not going to get 80gb storage, but has an SD slot (up to 16gb I think). Should be more than enough unless you plan on storing a lot of video content. Very happy with mine anyway, haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

To build more on the iPod bandwagon. I have an iPod shuffle which is cheap and really nifty if you like having something small and on-the-go.
    Also have an iPod touch that I got free when I bought my computer. It's really pretty sweet - amazing if you're someone who needs to do bus/train commutes and would like some visual stimuli in addition to audio. And you can do a ton more stuff on it. If you're kind of bored of the old iPod classic style thing and are just looking for something fresh, this one is great, IMO.

Used to have an older iPod classic 30 GB which lasted me about 3-4 years and my mom is using it now and it's still going strong. I guess that's sort of my testament to Apple products' longevity... I'm sure people with other mp3 players have used theirs for a long time too, but my classic was a tough son of a gun, fairly sure I mishandled it on more than a few occasions but it pulled through anyway.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    iPod shuffle is ****ing ********, FTR. Dunno why anyone would buy one.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Awta.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    iPod shuffle is ****ing ********, FTR. Dunno why anyone would buy one.
    If your only other iPod is an iPod touch (or an iPhone) which are much bigger and unwieldy, having a Shuffle for things like exercising is quite nice. Also if you want to be inconspicuous without saying, "HEY look at me, I have an iPod on me... I'm probably rich."

I dunno, to each his own, I guess.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information