Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama ineligible to be President?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar

Obama ineligible to be President?

The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    CBF reading in detail - is this the "He was born overseas" mob?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I guess, yeah. They even make the point that it doesn't actually matter if he is proven to have been born in Honolulu, his Dad never renounced his Kenyan citizenship. Then it gets into an Indonesian citizenship, divided loyalties, etc. The best part is, when you read one of the links in the article, how if Obama is made President, that the country is going down the tubes precisely because of all this. Like it makes a practical difference where he was born!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    I guess, yeah. They even make the point that it doesn't actually matter if he is proven to have been born in Honolulu, his Dad never renounced his Kenyan citizenship. Then it gets into an Indonesian citizenship, divided loyalties, etc. The best part is, when you read one of the links in the article, how if Obama is made President, that the country is going down the tubes precisely because of all this. Like it makes a practical difference where he was born!
    Haha BS crap. He has popular mandate (over 50% of polled votes), and such a small inconsistency should no way affect his eligibility to become President. And these are stuff which ought to have noticed at the time of filing application.

Can't believe in such tough times there are people who worry about Obama's Birth Certificate. There is a real possibility of GM going bankrupt and millions losing their jobs in next few months and we want to talk about Obama's Birth Certificate.

Even if this Information is correct, I think it is about time the rule is changed.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    think the problem is that his parents are not form USA in the correct term becuse his mother have not stayed not enoguh time in USA and his father is a Kenyan.this is what i know about it..but this was huge story even before the election was into full swing..it has come along way since then so dont see any big problem with it
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    His mother was born and raised in Kansas or something to that effect. His father isn't American though.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    His mother was born and raised in Kansas or something to that effect. His father isn't American though.
    The item quoted above posits that Barack Obama does not qualify as a natural-born citizen of the U.S. because the law in effect at the time he was born specified that "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16." Since Barack Obama only had one U.S. citizen parent (his mother), and his mother had not been residing in the U.S. for at least five years after the age of 16 when Barack was born (because she herself was only 18 at the time), then he's not a natural-born citizen.

This what i was reffering to.but think since he was born in hawaii ..once it was included as part of USA there isn't any problem for him being president as he is born in USA

"If they don't want me, then I don't want them."

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post

Even if this Information is correct, I think it is about time the rule is changed.
    Agreed. The United States has changed a lot in the last 200-odd years sine the constitution was written. Although I guess change must come gradually. First comes the African American president, then the woman, then the overseas-born.

That said, you are again, right... it's not as if Obama barely won the election, or that he won by some electoral technicality - he won quite comfortably. He is the man for the job and the people have said so, people dicking around for an excuse just looks desperate.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Was intrigued initially, read the thread title as 'Obama too intelligent to be President?'. I blame the spelling error.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Wasn't McCain born in Panama anyway? In American territory I think, but not the US proper.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Yes he was. People (and by people I mean nutcases) have debated his eligibility too.

International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    Court: No review of Obama's eligibility to serve

The Supreme Court turns down a lawsuit that claims Barack Obama is ineligible to be president.
    Padi ag ofin ton fach unig Sua, sua ar lan y mor Huna blentyn nid oes yma Ddim i roddi iti fraw

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information