Cricket Player Manager

Thread: BT Openworld

Pinball Champion!

BT Openworld

Do any of you in the UK have BT Openworld?? Absolutely amazing how a household name can cock up internet service providing so much....

I always have to spend fifteen minutes trying to connect, and then im chucked off without fail about two or three times a day...

As we pay fifteen quid a month for the service, i want something that actually works,

Are any of you unfortunate enough to use BT? Do u get the same problems?? :!(
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

PY
    Yeah, I have it and it is the biggest pile of proverbial ever :!( Jeez, I get dis-connected three times an hour and it takes bout 2 minutes to sign on and then the fun (or not) begins. My phone line makes a really annoying high pitched whine when I get d/c as well.....:!( so get told off all the time. :wow: I really don't like this thing! !
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Pinball Champion!
    Originally posted by PY
    Yeah, I have it and it is the biggest pile of proverbial ever :!( Jeez, I get dis-connected three times an hour and it takes bout 2 minutes to sign on and then the fun (or not) begins. My phone line makes a really annoying high pitched whine when I get d/c as well.....:!( so get told off all the time. :wow: I really don't like this thing! !

Exactly my experiences, aaaish im gunna have to change which will be a real drag, oh well better than those freeloaders getting money for the non-service they provide...

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Broadband's about 25 with NTL (600kbs).

At the moment, there's a seemingly permanent mail server problem. I usually get about 80 emails a day (around 30 cricket, 30 Derby County, the rest spam and the occasional message from a friend (yeah, I've got one or two).

Today, I've had 3 (and one of those was from 4 days ago - worse than Royal Mail). Amazingly enough, no problem with internet, MSN and the like (my only problem with MSN is the fact that I usually forget to sign in after 'appearing offline' or 'busy' for a few days)

When I went to broadband, the difference was utterly stagggering. Now, I can never go back to dial-up.
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 10-06-2003 at 07:19 PM.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Same here Ed, I've been on it about a year now, and it is so much better than dial up it's untrue.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    It's a bit hard to get broadband when you live in the middle of nowhere 7 miles out of town...
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by Rik
    It's a bit hard to get broadband when you live in the middle of nowhere 7 miles out of town...
    I know.

We had cable installed in the village many years ago (by Diamond Cable). They said at the time "We'll hook you all up in 6 months - when we've done all the connection testing and that rubbish".

Well, NTL bought them out - and forgot about us. 2 years later, I contacted them and said "We'd like to hook up" - they said "It's not installed in Castle Donington". They had no idea the cables had even been laid.

Eventually, the penny dropped.

Thread Information