Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst injury?

Worst injury?

Mine was probely when I was skateboarding down a hill going really fast..and I fell off..and compund fractured my wrist..broke all my bones in my hand and stuff..and one of my bones was sticking through my wrist..not the best sight

What about you guys?

+

The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

The worst I saw was doing warmups before a game.

2 guys went for the same high catch. 1 guy was much bigger and heavier than the other. The heavier guy was stooping and caught the smaller guy in the face with his head.

He broke his jaw, he broke his palate into 3 pieces, fractured his cheek, lost most of his teeth and was unconscious for a long time.

Luckily we turned him on his side as we didnt realise he was choking to death on teeth and blood. When turned, he coughed buckets of blood up laced with teeth.

He had to have major facial reconstruction surgery. He is ok now and he is a great guy. The best natural fielder I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Goughy; 07-11-2008 at 04:45 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen

Think Smith might've trumped me already, but a busted collar bone is no fun. Did it in a really twatty way too. Think I was about twelve and it was the start of the six-week summer holiday. I was standing on a swing with those metal bars round designed for little tots' safety and was swinging fairly high, went to jump off, got foot caught in the safety bars (yes, the irony is vaguely amusing now, but at the time was largely wasted on me) and came down face first.

Knocked myself cold and, as a visit to my local A&E revealed, I'd broken & dislocated my collar bone too. Absolute ****ing agony to put it back in and a wanky summer holiday after with my right arm strapped across my front.

EDIT: Was laughing at DCYE's post, not Goughy's. I'm not that much of a douche.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Pinball Champion!
    I went face first into an Iron that was turned on and stood on its side.. That was painful
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    First day of summer holidays back in year 3 I fell over on a sharpe rock which razored through my skin just below my shin and went nearly all the way down to the bone, happened so quicky I didn't realise what happened, just looked down and saw a large part of my leg just hanging off.... Didn't hurt at all...guess the adrenaline took care of that, but having the painkilling injections later on was probably the worst pain I have ever experienced.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

Think Smith might've trumped me already, but a busted collar bone is no fun. Did it in a really twatty way too. Think I was about twelve and it was the start of the six-week summer holiday. I was standing on a swing with those metal bars round designed for little tots' safety and was swinging fairly high, went to jump off, got foot caught in the safety bars (yes, the irony is vaguely amusing now, but at the time was largely wasted on me) and came down face first.

Knocked myself cold and, as a visit to my local A&E revealed, I'd broken & dislocated my collar bone too. Absolute ****ing agony to put it back in and a wanky summer holiday after with my right arm strapped across my front.

EDIT: Was laughing at DCYE's post, not Goughy's. I'm not that much of a douche.

Still feeling the effects?

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quite remarkably I've never broken, twisted, dislocated, whatever you want to call it, any bone before, so I consider myself pretty lucky. Touch wood...

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    The worst I saw was doing warmups before a game.

2 guys went for the same high catch. 1 guy was much bigger and heavier than the other. The heavier guy was stooping and caught the smaller guy in the face with his head.

He broke his jaw, he broke his palate into 3 pieces, fractured his cheek, lost most of his teeth and was unconscious for a long time.

Luckily we turned him on his side as we didnt realise he was choking to death on teeth and blood. When turned, he coughed buckets of blood up laced with teeth.

He had to have major facial reconstruction surgery. He is ok now and he is a great guy. The best natural fielder I have ever seen.

Ouch..

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Quite remarkably I've never broken, twisted, dislocated, whatever you want to call it, any bone before, so I consider myself pretty lucky. Touch wood...
    The closet I have come is a hairline fracture in both wrists over 5 and a half years ago when I was riding home and a car suddenly pulled out in front of me (**** off Hingston the driver was in the wrong) and flew over the boot and landing chin and wrist first. I was amazed I didn't break my neck at all when I realised how hard and how I landed on the ground. Four months later I visited the morgue and when I held a human head in my hand I became aware how lucky I didn't break my neck when I was looking at the spinal cord.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    While motorbiking in Africa I was thrown off my bike after hitting a sudden drop. Luckily a rock broke my fall, my knee went upwards and into my thigh. Guys popped it back in on the spot and its been a bit twitchy ever since. Even popped out once while doing some Chinese martial art thing in Shanghai.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Touch wood...
    You could sprain your wrist doing that.

Soccer/Hockey Goals =)

Hey guys im on a friends account but anyways a couple of weeks ago i was out at the park with a mate of mine and i was swinging off a soccer goal, the ones that are mobile with the wheels on the back and all of a sudden it came crashing down on me and when i woke up i was in the car on the way to the hospital... then i found out that the goals collapsed on top of my head cut the side of my head and ear open and gave me a black eye haha im fine now but its not very bad but i dont get hurt often so this is almost one of my worst cya
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Give him seven.

Haha im only 15 btw and those soccer goals weigh like over 100kgs... i thought they weighed less but then i thought bout it, i can lift my friends up who are roughly 70 but i can no way near lift the goals up haha ... anymore worst injuries??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information