Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Thread

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar

Tattoo Thread

Considering getting one, along with my other 5 roommates but have no idea what to get. All the usuals come to mind (Southern Cross etc) but i want it to mean something instead of just looking like a "Look how much i love my country, I got this tattoo" sorta thing.

Anyhoo discuss (and pic perhaps) your Tattoo(s) their significance to you, their history and anything else related to this art.
    Parmi

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Thought it would be amusing to get a black ring tatooed around the circumference of one of my index fingers tbh, but doubt it'll ever happen.

Wouldn't have one done just for the sake of it. I reckon you need to be pretty bloody sure about it; tattoos are for life not just for Christmas. Mate of mine has a Chinese symbol for "spirit" or somesuch crap on his upper arm, but it might as well be "chicken fried rice with sweet'n'sour pork balls" for all I (or he) knows. Another has the Ipswich Town badge, which his wife had a serious sense of humour failure about.

None here anyway, largely for the reason above, I rarely have a thought that I don't recant later. Have had both ears pierced tho, which I now bitterly regret as the scar tissue in my lobes makes them feel like orange peel to the touch! Oh, the shame.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Agree entirely, I'll only get it if i know i wont regret it, Couldnt see myself getting a chinese tatt, that just screams Wayne Kerr (my personal hero of the RLWC) to me, if your not chinese obviously. Had a thought about getting the sword of William Wallace down my spine with key points in my life inscribed in the hilt an blade. Sort of a highlights package of my life.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Know someone my age who has "FALLOUT BOY" tatooed across his entire chest, what an idiot. I'm sure he'll reaaally like them when he's 30.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Know someone my age who has "FALLOUT BOY" tatooed across his entire chest, what an idiot. I'm sure he'll reaaally like them when he's 30.
    Hilarious...who are they again? Oh wait, thats right...Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Hilarious...who are they again? Oh wait, thats right...Bart Simpson
    Haha, he's a real idiot, that's for sure.

International Vice-Captain 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    Considering getting one, along with my other 5 roommates but have no idea what to get. All the usuals come to mind (Southern Cross etc) but i want it to mean something instead of just looking like a "Look how much i love my country, I got this tattoo" sorta thing.

Anyhoo discuss (and pic perhaps) your Tattoo(s) their significance to you, their history and anything else related to this art.
    Do NOT get a bloody southern cross. On my recent trip to the Gold Coast, every second meathead I happened to see at the water parks had one.

The only advice I can give is, come up with an idea and if you still like it a year later, it may have some staying power. Oh, and don't listen to any wag who says "but that'll look terrible when you're old and wrinkly won't it?" As if any part of you will look good at that stage of your life
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Wouldn't have one done just for the sake of it. I reckon you need to be pretty bloody sure about it; tattoos are for life not just for Christmas. Mate of mine has a Chinese symbol for "spirit" or somesuch crap on his upper arm, but it might as well be "chicken fried rice with sweet'n'sour pork balls" for all I (or he) knows. Another has the Ipswich Town badge, which his wife had a serious sense of humour failure about.

None here anyway, largely for the reason above, I rarely have a thought that I don't recant later. Have had both ears pierced tho, which I now bitterly regret as the scar tissue in my lobes makes them feel like orange peel to the touch! Oh, the shame.
    Yeah, was giving these reasons last night for not having one. Would be tempted to get a Tranmere badge, it seems that every troublecauser at the game has one of them, which puts me off.

Other than that, thought of getting one something like

Jessica
    Francesca
    Samantha

in some sort of fancy design on my arms, but I doubt I ever actually will (they are my kids' names btw, I'm not just being a random weirdo)

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam View Post
    Do NOT get a bloody southern cross. On my recent trip to the Gold Coast, every second meathead I happened to see at the water parks had one.

The only advice I can give is, come up with an idea and if you still like it a year later, it may have some staying power. Oh, and don't listen to any wag who says "but that'll look terrible when you're old and wrinkly won't it?" As if any part of you will look good at that stage of your life
    Sorta what put me off it, if i was going to get one about a year ago it would have been the SC, but after closer inspection of who actually ha them, it just gets turned into a fashion thing instead of meaning anything.

GIMH, when (if) I have kids, i would prob do something similar, then you never forget the birthdays, could be worth doing it for the folks as well, always forget dad's birthday and end up getting some piece of **** for him.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I agree with the "wait a year" thing. Don't get a spontaneous tattoo. If you still want it a fair while after you think of it, it's not so bad.

Definite no on the Southern Cross also. Given who generally has them, you may as well get a tattoo which says "look at me, I'm a ****ing idiot".
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

cpr
    Been tempted for many a year to get the quote in my sig translated into Latin and done on the outside of my left forearm in a gothicy script. Was tempted by a celtic cross on the right, but never been sure on that, that would be it though, too many looks awful IMO, have friends covered in them.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Aye, too many a tattoo makes it all look patchy and ****. Might get the Olympic rings tattooed in a prominent position, then walk into restaurants saying "don't you know who I am?". or not. IF JAmes pays me enough i will get cricketweb.net tattooed on my butt....dont worry about the exposure, many a passing car on a highway has seen it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    I've often thought about getting one on my left arm, to cover up a birthmark near my shoulder. It's never happened though.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer ~DanVettoriFan~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Have had both ears pierced tho, which I now bitterly regret as the scar tissue in my lobes makes them feel like orange peel to the touch! Oh, the shame.
    Maybe they got infected? I have both my ears pierced and my ear lobes don't feel like orange peel.
    Agree entirely, I'll only get it if i know i wont regret it, Couldnt see myself getting a chinese tatt, that just screams Wayne Kerr (my personal hero of the RLWC) to me, if your not chinese obviously. Had a thought about getting the sword of William Wallace down my spine with key points in my life inscribed in the hilt an blade. Sort of a highlights package of my life.
    Oo wow that is a cool idea
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Omfg what a loser rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Yeah, was giving these reasons last night for not having one. Would be tempted to get a Tranmere badge, it seems that every troublecauser at the game has one of them, which puts me off.

Other than that, thought of getting one something like

Jessica
    Francesca
    Samantha

in some sort of fancy design on my arms, but I doubt I ever actually will (they are my kids' names btw, I'm not just being a random weirdo)
    Now we know that's all lies. You are being a random weirdo.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information