Thread: Lucky Eddie!! (and any other Maiden fans)....in here!!!

U19 Debutant

Lucky Eddie!! (and any other Maiden fans)....in here!!!

What are your 5 top Maiden albums?
    In order if possible.......mine are:

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - possibly one of the best metal albums ever made....
    Brave New World - When I heard Bruce and Adrian were back, I was happy, full stop. Bit more prog than others but great.
    Piece of Mind - has possibly my favourite Maiden song, 'Revelations'. 'Nuff said.
    Somewhere in Time - Dragged metal out of the stone age. Frighteningly good musicianship.
    Powerslave - Aces, high - iiiiigggghhhhhh!!!!! Metal as it should be.

So there ya go. This list changes from year to year, month to month - but these 5 are probably it, in different order sometimes.

Eddie?

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    For me

Powerslave - Rime of the Ancient Mariner (and 11:58)
    Number of the Beast - '22' (and Hallowed...)
    Killers - Purgatory (and Murders....)
    Seventh Son - Clairvoyant
    Live After Death (just for the 'left hand side' v 'right hand side' - and the live 'Aces High')

Looking forward to the next one - just cannot wait.

My list changes by the hour too. Last weekend I was sitting on my doorstep singing along to them from Donington Park (a mile and a half away from where I live, but I couldn't go because of injury). The next-door neighbour thought I was mad.
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 06-06-2003 at 10:51 AM.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Looks like it's just thee and me, kenny.

Anyway, did you catch the webcast from Rock am Ring? I had to go out last night but there's a download url on the IM bulletin board.

Took 14 minutes to download (60mb) and the sound's flaky at times but what the hell? Listening now where's a headbanging emoticon when you need one?

"Scream for me, Nurburgring"
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 07-06-2003 at 03:57 AM.

U19 Debutant
    Originally posted by luckyeddie
    Looks like it's just thee and me, kenny.

Anyway, did you catch the webcast from Rock am Ring? I had to go out last night but there's a download url on the IM bulletin board.

Took 14 minutes to download (60mb) and the sound's flaky at times but what the hell? Listening now where's a headbanging emoticon when you need one?

"Scream for me, Nurburgring"
    It does look like there are only two maiden fans here, doesn't it Eddie? Oh well, poor sods don't know what they are missing.......I didn't catch the webcast no.........I have dial up and I was thinking it might take a ****eload too long to download.
    Also my girlfriend was (quite rightfully) asking me to get my arse off the net after some 6 or so hours!!

BTW, I post under the nick 'Nightwing' on the Maiden BB - keep an eye out for me!!

PY
    I like the couple of songs that I've heard but I can't really claim to be a fan enough to name my favourite 5 albums.

The only songs I've heard I like and they are 'Fear Of The Dark', 'The Number Of The Beast' and 'Run To The Hills'.

Can't really claim to be half a fan can I?
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by luckyeddie
    The next-door neighbour thought I was mad.
    Bring him here and confirm his thought!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

U19 Debutant
    Eddie and I will probably claim you as an 'honorary' fan mate........if you 'file-share', try something like 'Blood Brothers', or 'Evil that men do'.

I have tried so hard to 'educate' the guys here into liking metal - I think I'm winning with one or two of them a little.

Last night's performance was really tight - a good solid two hours of the Irons doing what they do best - Rocking!

Bruce's air raid siren was well on form, although the bitrate on the feed was pretty mediocre. I'd rather the feed was audio only rather than compromising the sound quality to show cruddy video

Re Maiden music to introduce non-officionados - there was a guy I worked with pre-Donington 1988 who used to say 'I like metal', but not Maiden.

I said 'What have you heard?' and he said 'Oh, the usual stuff. Zigue Zigue Sputnik, Motley Crue, Kiss, TS...'

In April that year, Maiden released 'Seventh Son...'. I lent him the album.

That year, he came to Donington Park with me - and he finally had to concede that Kiss were not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath.

OK, what to, er, 'borrow' for a Maiden newby. Try some of the following :

The Clairvoyant
    The Trooper
    Alexander the Great
    Run to the Hills
    Hallowed be thy Name
    Revelations
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Aces High

just to get a flavour of the versatility of the band.

Then BUY THE ALBUMS.

Incidentally, the band played one song off the (as yet unreleased) new album last night, as at Donington last week.

Before they performed 'Wildest Dreams' last night, Bruce gave explicit instructions to people with digital recorders at the gig that Maiden had 'no objection' to anyone publishing that song on the net - hell, he almost made it an ORDER to do so - just so long as 'you buy the album when it comes out'.

Refreshing - works for me.
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 07-06-2003 at 11:10 AM.

If anyone DID follow the link on Saturday night, you would have been privileged to hear one of the most AWESOME concerts by Placebo (almost as good as Maiden - nah, but still good).

15 Hours to wait until Metallica. If it's all old stuff, great. If it's all new stuff - forget it!
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 08-06-2003 at 01:33 AM.

Thread Information