Thread: David Beckham to Barcelona?

Tim

David Beckham to Barcelona?

I've heard alot in the news about the transfer of Beckham to Barcelona as being a done deal providing presidential candidate Joan Laporta is elected.

Does anyone think this will seriously happen?, because if it does it will be one of the biggest sports news item ever IMO.

but i doubt it.he is a legend in the making. And no one will love him as much as manchester does.

shivankit
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    It all depends where his missus wants to go shopping

I know a few Manure fans who actually live in Manchester (yeah, difficult to believe I know) and they all can't wait to see the back of him - just to end the uncertainty and to give the club cash to find a decent goalie, a couple of decent full backs, a decent centre-half etc etc.

Most of the merchandising dosh is plc money.
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 06-06-2003 at 12:50 PM.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

State Vice-Captain
    I hope he stays at MU.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    IMO , he shouldnt leave,Barca should sign Veron instead and offload Motta.

They should play a 3-5-2 because Patrik Anderson is a very good sweeper cover,does he play for Barca still?

Overmars on the left,Luis Enrique on the right,Riquelme and Mendieta to patrol the central midfield,Veron to play in the hole which IMO is the best position for him with Saviola and Kluivert striking.Awesome attack,could knock any team out!
    orz

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Papa, that team would be destroyed owing to the fact they only have 3 defenders!

Overmars as a wing back is a very bizarre choice!

Personally I think Beckham will leave, and I could actually see him being a big success wherever he ends up, as he's shown when playing for England that when his heart is in it, he can be one hell of a battling midfielder who tries to win the ball as well as use it.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

I was not implying that the wingers would be wing backs.

Having 3 defenders is not bad,especially if they could have Mendieta to track back.Anderson can cover a whole lot of area as was evident during the Bayern CL winning season.Add to this Coco and Puyol and you have a formidable defence equipped to tale pretty much every attack.So what I am basically suggesting is a 3-1-3-1-2 not exactly in CM terms but as in 3-5-2 attacking with all the movements i suggested.

who the hell cares about defending? When you have offensive and versatile players like dave beck,remmember that real madrid is also a weak defensive unit in comparison to teams like man u,still it is one of the better clubs in the world
    SHIVANKIT

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Yaju, thats pretty stupid, look who are the best defenders in the world. Italian sides.
    And they cleaned up in Europe this season. I would say that defence is a lot more important than attackers.

on the Beckham front, i doubt he will go anywhere, this whole thing is taking so long the new season will start before anything is finalised.

Imma go neutral and say that midfield is the most important part of the pitch.It is crucial in starting attacks and is also crucial in stopping attacks of the opposition in its early stages.An ideal midfield can support even the worst defense and attack in the world.Okay,it wont win much,but it will still do well when compared to the best defense with worst mid and attack and the best attack with the worst defense and mid.The key is that you need atleast one player who can track who can support the defense or mark a troublesome player in the opposition.Which is why I'm rooting for Veron to go to Barca and play in the hole which is the only position in La Liga which cant be nullified.Look at Nihat,coming from Besiktas and taking the league by storm by playing in the hole.With Veron in the hole and Mendieta tracking back to help the defense,Barca will be the strongest contender for the title next season.

Rik
    Seriously, it's been going on for so long about him going I just wish he would just bugger off.
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Thread Information