Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England's tour down under

Tim

England's tour down under

Well England are set to play the NZ Maori's on Monday night.

I'd expect England to win because even though the Maori team is actually pretty damn good with players like Christian Cullen, Taine Randell, Rico Gear & Brad Fleming..their very open style of play should allow the English forward pack to dominate.

Then its on to the big match at the 'Cake Tin' on Saturday night.
    NZ have a huge talent pool at the moment...if you can leave out Randell, Cullen & Mehrtens & consider the current squad your first choice then things are pretty good.
    Jeez, its really hard to pick but I have a feeling NZ will surprise with this team & win by 10 points.

Then its on to Australia and that match will be even closer because Australia have injury problems. England will be pretty primed after the All Black match so i'd expect them to push Australia to the limit & I think they'll be good enough to win it.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I think that England are clear favourites to beat Australia, but that means nothing. The NZ game should be a cracker, and I expect the All-Blacks to squeak home provided :

a) they don't concede unnecessary penalties
    b) they contain Billy Whizz.

Simple as that.

Can't wait.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Tim
    Well the fact is, is that if NZ contain Wilkinson and make sure he doesn't score any points what so ever then NZ will win by about 20 or 30 points

But anyway, that probably won't be the case..so yes NZ won;'t be wanting to give away too many penalties inside their own half because they'll pay.

State Vice-Captain
    Ben Blair has been called into the NZ squad to cover Leon McDonald.
    This guy hasn't even played club rugby since his injury on last years tour. Cullan must be feeling ripped.

cullen
    life's a gift thats why they call it the present

State Vice-Captain
    I'm sure everyone knew who I was taling about

talking.

State Vice-Captain
    ahhhh.. It is too early.

International Vice-Captain Anna's Avatar
    England are a bit buggered if Jonny boy gets injured, with only Alex King and Paul Grayson as cover, neither of whom play the style of rugby England are after. I feel so sorry for Charlie Hodgson; I saw him come on in the Italy match in the 6 Nations, play for 5 minutes then twist his knee on the turf and bugger his cruciate He was coming on nicely in an England shirt as well Oh well.
    If the England pack keep it tight and play the type of rugby they've been playing so effectively, no team can stand in their way, what with people like JW, Ben Cohen and Josh Lewsey/Jason Robinson coming in from behind.
    I look forward to it

COME ON YOU BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One day lad, all this will be yours"
    "What, the curtains?"

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Interesting that a couple of the All Blacks have been interviewed on tv and stated that they are the underdogs.

The mind games have started.

The Maoris game was a bit of a damp squib (in more ways than one). If England had taken their chances it could have been a massive margin.

A clinical performance will be required in the big one. Holiday's over now.

State Vice-Captain
    Y would you put your best wing in the world a fullback.......Selectors, I never could understand them....

Tim
    Because...Leon MacDonald is injured & Howlett played 8 games of the Super 12 at fullback for Auckland this season.

If MacDonald were fit then he would be at fullback, with Rokocoko & Howlett on the wings.

As for the Maori game..honestly the England forwards were very clinical but the Maori's were totally nullified by the weather..they play a very open game & they like to score tries not get involved in tactical kicking duels. So I don't know if England can really say they got much out of that match.

State Vice-Captain
    Ralph would be there instead of Rokocoko in my eyes..They need someone solid rather than another with flair

Tim
    England boss Clive Woodward has raised the temperature ahead of the hugely-anticipated clash between New Zealand and England on Saturday by saying that the New Zealand press were 'one-eyed' and that the public there believed that England were going to be 'smashed' by the All Blacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I find this to be an extremely hilarious comment coming from someone who should know just how unforgiving the english press can be.

Tim
    Obviously, after tonight there will be arguments between fans of the two countries over various issues like referee calls or even "we were just experimenting, the world cup is 3 months away yet"
    but i'll stick my neck out & say that whatever happens I won't argue unless there was an asoka de silva type error which decided the game.

NZ can't complain about having rookies in their squad, they've picked these guys on the basis that they will be at the World Cup so they've got to perform as of tonight.
    England can't complain either..this is supposedly their 1st choice team so they can't complain about experimenting either.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information