Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: The Wire

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    I started watching Breaking Bad and got hooked on to it. Completed the 1st season in one day :O

Will get back to The Wire after completing BB
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

If you had mentioned any other show that you stopped watching The Wire for I'd have yelled at you. But Breaking Bad is mother ****ing Breaking Bad
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Why the **** did they bring brother mouzone back. Hate the character so much.

Finishing up S3 now. So many perspectives, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Ha, agree, he's very misplaced.
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

You know what the most dangerous thing in America is, right?

****** with a library card.
    Fusion and NZTailender like this.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Ha, agree, he's very misplaced.
    After a bit of reading it appears that Mouzone is supposedly representing the Nation of Islam.

I still think he's a bit too gimmicky, but at least it makes more sense to me as to why they've included him in the show.

After a bit of reading it appears that Mouzone is supposedly representing the Nation of Islam.
    He was a well read black man wearing a bow tie. What else did you think he was?

Anyway the scene with Mouzone and Omar in an alley was one of the best scenes in the show. Stop hating.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

Anyway the scene with Mouzone and Omar in an alley was one of the best scenes in the show. Stop hating.
    I knew that the NOI existed but I didn't really know what they were all about, so I couldn't put it together.

They have a range of beliefs and moral objectives, but mainly they are about bow ties.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Hated Mouzone first time round but becomes awesome when you watch it again.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

"And I keeps one in the chamber in case you're pondering."
    "Even if I miss, I can't miss."
    "I don't see no sweat in your brow neither, bro."

The Wire - Brother Mouzone/Omar confrontation - YouTube

That really is a great scene. How can anyone not love that?
    Last edited by silentstriker; 05-01-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Nobody said they didn't like it..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Mouzone was loads of fun. I didn't find him misplaced at all, season 3 was quite darkly comic in general so it made sense to have a sprinkling of oddball assassin.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

SPOILERS

Was reading some awesome character analysis of the show re-posted on another forum starting here the other day.

Some excerpts -

On the relationship between Bunk and McNulty -

While the Bunk wants nothing to do with it, he probably doesn't even realize how much he's enabled McNulty's worst tendencies over the years. Bunk's absolute worst moment is when he desperately tries to convince Season 4's Good McNulty's that deep down he'll always be the same self-destructive ****-up. Part of it is him missing his best friend, and part of it is Bunk loving to have the moral high ground over people and wanting ****-up Jimmy next to him to compare himself to. Once Jimmy does go back to being a ****-up, Bunk washes his hands of him, taking no responsibility for the part he played. Its subtly articulated in a nice little scene where McNulty is editing case files for his serial killer plan, swigging a flask of Jameson, which Bunk takes away as he berates him. But before he leaves, he gives the flask back. That is their relationship in perfect microcosom.
    On Herc and Levy -

In Season 5, he starts working for Levy which confused the hell out of me at first. I originally though Herc's motivation in life came from the thrill and power of physical police work, taking his anger out on criminals he clearly despised. So seeing him on the other side of the equation threw me for a loop at first. Then I re-watched Season 5 and realized that it was the quest for approval that drove Herc. He works for Levy because the guy flatters the crap out of him when he comes back from the bar with information he's weaseled out of his old buddies. So yeah he jacked Marlo's number for Carver, but he ultimately brings the whole case down by tipping Levy off to the illegal wiretap. He feels no remorse over this, but is practically ecstatic when Levy invites him to his home. I have a theory that it stems from daddy issues, since he reacts so negatively when the minister he pulls over in Season 4 calls him son. The exact line is, "You're not my ****ing father," and he's echoing Justin's hurt response to Cutty from an earlier episode and Justin definitely has abandonment issues. That's just my theory for why Herc turned out to be such a douche.
    On D -

Shortly before his death, D gives one of the most important monologues in the entire show, one that explains many of the other characters as well. He's realized that no matter where he is or what he does, he is a Barksdale and his life is The Game. No one can escape their past, because your past makes you who you are, and you can't run from yourself. He came to a similar realization in Season 1, when he took Donnette out to a fancy dinner. Its essentially a more self-aware version of the Ruths Chris scene from Season 4. D realized that even though they had money, the fact that he was born the projects marked him as separate from that world forever. When he was pouring his soul out to McNulty and Pearlman, D said he just wanted a chance to breath like regular folk, so its fitting that he's strangled to death, constricted by the life he was born into. Cuz the pawns man, they be out the game early.
    Uppercut, Howe_zat, Fusion and 4 others like this.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Great stuff on Bunk and McNulty. Never thought of it that way.
    RIP Craigos

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread Information