Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with this situation?

Banned

How do you deal with this situation?

Ok assume that your siblings are making a lot more money then you and having a good life. Your stuck in your regular job and having a average life. What do you do in this situation to prevent feeling bad about your self and your life and feeling jealous of your brothers???

I am currently in a similar situation. Both my brothers are working as doctors in America and obviously they are earning a lot, they both live in mansions in Florida. I am here stuck in Pakistan as a nobody working at some stupid bank with a average salary.
    Last edited by Mard; 04-08-2008 at 11:48 AM.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    They have to work for about a decade or more to get in the plus, considering education costs. Remember that.
    orz

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Getting a better job would probably be a start. Go back to Uni or College, get a degree in something that could get you a higher wage and therefore a better standard of life for you and your family.
    Where's my money?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    Getting a better job would probably be a start. Go back to Uni or College, get a degree in something that could get you a higher wage and therefore a better standard of life for you and your family.

i actually went to University again, but that did not help at all.

Pinball Champion!
    I'd spend more time on a cricket forum speaking to people called things like "16 tins of Spam"
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mard View Post
    Ok assume that your siblings are making a lot more money then you and having a good life. Your stuck in your regular job and having a average life. What do you do in this situation to prevent feeling bad about your self and your life and feeling jealous of your brothers???

I am currently in a similar situation. Both my brothers are working as doctors in America and obviously they are earning a lot, they both live in mansions in Florida. I am here stuck in Pakistan as a nobody working at some stupid bank with a average salary.
    Well, it's really never too late. I will be older than average when I start medical school, and I know people who have finished medical school when they were in their fifties. If you want it, it can be done. I'm using medicine as an example, but that really applies to anything.

The educational opportunities in Pakistan would be rather limited at an older age, but maybe you want to try to immigrate somewhere like the US and get some more education? Unless you open up a business and are successful, the best way to get ahead is via education.

You mentioned you went back to school - that is great - but what did you go back for? Did you enjoy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    My gut tells me that you should become a superpowered assassin, but on the whole I agree with Manan.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Be happy for them, and accept their strengths lie in different areas to yours. Maybe those areas are ones which the world compensates in a better way than yours, but that doesn't make you any less worthy or less fine a person.
    It's difficult to accept seeing those close to you doing better in a material sense than you, and it's often easy to ask why and be bitter about it. But, if your brothers are still the same people they were when you grew up, and haven't let their wealth turn them into complete assholes, then try not to be bitter towards them because t will sour your relationship with them.
    It's very difficult in the modern world to appreciate this, but your value as a person is not limited to the value of your income. I earn no more now than I did a few years ago, maybe a little less, but I work less hours now and see more of the kids - a far greater reward than an extra $10,000 - $20,000 per year in the pay packet. I know that's easy to say if you're in a reasonable position, bt it's certainly very true in my case.
    Last edited by Burgey; 04-08-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Its not about the money its about the lifestyle. Whatever makes you happy, If a high paying job is what you want then thats what you should strive for. A lot of people could be doing bigger things but are very content living a more relaxed lifestyle. Getting another job would be an obvious way of a better life but jealousy is never good. It would curtail if you tried hard to be better than relatives and failed on the way. Find your own way. Hahaha I don't know really what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Natman20; 04-08-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    hmm, i was in a similar situation...I quit my job to go and piss about in Australia for 2 years...good decision imo.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Natman20 View Post
    Its not about the money its about the lifestyle. Whatever makes you happy, If a high paying job is what you want then thats what you should strive for. A lot of people could be doing bigger things but are very content living a more relaxed lifestyle. Getting another job would be an obvious way of a better life but jealousy is never good. It would curtail if you tried hard to be better than relatives and failed on the way. Find your own way. Hahaha I don't know really what I am talking about.
    Haha, and I read the whole post..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    hmm, i was in a similar situation...I quit my job to go and piss about in Australia for 2 years...good decision imo.
    I quit Uni so i could get a job so i can go and piss about in Australia for 2 years....SKD a shining example to all imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Kill your brothers.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Kill your brothers.
    Better yet, eat their brains and absorb their knowledge.

braaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnssssss.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Flanders was a zombie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information