Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: How do you deal with this situation?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    213

    How do you deal with this situation?

    Ok assume that your siblings are making a lot more money then you and having a good life. Your stuck in your regular job and having a average life. What do you do in this situation to prevent feeling bad about your self and your life and feeling jealous of your brothers???


    I am currently in a similar situation. Both my brothers are working as doctors in America and obviously they are earning a lot, they both live in mansions in Florida. I am here stuck in Pakistan as a nobody working at some stupid bank with a average salary.
    Last edited by Mard; 04-08-2008 at 11:48 AM.

  2. #2
    International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    6,617
    They have to work for about a decade or more to get in the plus, considering education costs. Remember that.
    orz

  3. #3
    International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,070
    Getting a better job would probably be a start. Go back to Uni or College, get a degree in something that could get you a higher wage and therefore a better standard of life for you and your family.
    Where's my money?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by DCC_legend View Post
    Getting a better job would probably be a start. Go back to Uni or College, get a degree in something that could get you a higher wage and therefore a better standard of life for you and your family.

    i actually went to University again, but that did not help at all.


  5. #5
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    I'd spend more time on a cricket forum speaking to people called things like "16 tins of Spam"
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  6. #6
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Mard View Post
    Ok assume that your siblings are making a lot more money then you and having a good life. Your stuck in your regular job and having a average life. What do you do in this situation to prevent feeling bad about your self and your life and feeling jealous of your brothers???


    I am currently in a similar situation. Both my brothers are working as doctors in America and obviously they are earning a lot, they both live in mansions in Florida. I am here stuck in Pakistan as a nobody working at some stupid bank with a average salary.
    Well, it's really never too late. I will be older than average when I start medical school, and I know people who have finished medical school when they were in their fifties. If you want it, it can be done. I'm using medicine as an example, but that really applies to anything.

    The educational opportunities in Pakistan would be rather limited at an older age, but maybe you want to try to immigrate somewhere like the US and get some more education? Unless you open up a business and are successful, the best way to get ahead is via education.

    You mentioned you went back to school - that is great - but what did you go back for? Did you enjoy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  7. #7
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    My gut tells me that you should become a superpowered assassin, but on the whole I agree with Manan.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."


  8. #8
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,557
    Be happy for them, and accept their strengths lie in different areas to yours. Maybe those areas are ones which the world compensates in a better way than yours, but that doesn't make you any less worthy or less fine a person.
    It's difficult to accept seeing those close to you doing better in a material sense than you, and it's often easy to ask why and be bitter about it. But, if your brothers are still the same people they were when you grew up, and haven't let their wealth turn them into complete assholes, then try not to be bitter towards them because t will sour your relationship with them.
    It's very difficult in the modern world to appreciate this, but your value as a person is not limited to the value of your income. I earn no more now than I did a few years ago, maybe a little less, but I work less hours now and see more of the kids - a far greater reward than an extra $10,000 - $20,000 per year in the pay packet. I know that's easy to say if you're in a reasonable position, bt it's certainly very true in my case.
    Last edited by Burgey; 04-08-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  9. #9
    International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    2,710
    Its not about the money its about the lifestyle. Whatever makes you happy, If a high paying job is what you want then thats what you should strive for. A lot of people could be doing bigger things but are very content living a more relaxed lifestyle. Getting another job would be an obvious way of a better life but jealousy is never good. It would curtail if you tried hard to be better than relatives and failed on the way. Find your own way. Hahaha I don't know really what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Natman20; 04-08-2008 at 05:15 PM.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    18,989
    hmm, i was in a similar situation...I quit my job to go and piss about in Australia for 2 years...good decision imo.

  11. #11
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Natman20 View Post
    Its not about the money its about the lifestyle. Whatever makes you happy, If a high paying job is what you want then thats what you should strive for. A lot of people could be doing bigger things but are very content living a more relaxed lifestyle. Getting another job would be an obvious way of a better life but jealousy is never good. It would curtail if you tried hard to be better than relatives and failed on the way. Find your own way. Hahaha I don't know really what I am talking about.
    Haha, and I read the whole post..

  12. #12
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    hmm, i was in a similar situation...I quit my job to go and piss about in Australia for 2 years...good decision imo.
    I quit Uni so i could get a job so i can go and piss about in Australia for 2 years....SKD a shining example to all imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,662
    Kill your brothers.

  14. #14
    International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    North Point
    Posts
    6,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Kill your brothers.
    Better yet, eat their brains and absorb their knowledge.













    braaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnssssss.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Flanders was a zombie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Mugabe situation-is anyone really going to do anything?
    By cover drive man in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
  2. How would you deal with the ICL
    By Manee in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 23-06-2008, 12:09 PM
  3. Deal or No Deal...
    By Paid The Umpire in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 05:36 PM
  4. What's the deal
    By 12th Man in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-01-2005, 12:34 PM
  5. Confirmed Deal
    By Anoop in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2002, 07:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •