So I've got a party on Saturday with music videos as its theme. Really struggling to come to a decision, tbh. A tad off topic, but I thought I'd ask here for some thoughts.
I came up with a few ideas, but I'm worried they're really well-known videos and so other people might have thought of them - Christopher Walken's suit from Weapon Of Choice, anything Jamiroquai or Michael Jacksony, nudity from What's My Age Again?...
So to ensure my uniqueness I'm gonna go and actually hire a decent costume. The three contenders, that I can think of, are:
From Weezer's Keep Fishin'.
From Muse's Uprising.
From Muse's Sing For Absolution.
Any of the three would be hilarious at first/cumbersome for the rest of the night. Not sure what happens when the need to go to the toilet arises...wait and see.
So, what do you think? Any other suggestions?
Go as the milk carton from Coffee and TV.
President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
The NZTailender Supporting XI:
H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
R.I.P. Fardin & Craig
IMO. Cheap and easy for the night
Just like the costume (ba-dum tish!)
"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers
So, everyones 10 albums of the 'noughties' then
1) The Music - The Music
2) The Zutons - Who Killed.... The Zutons
3) Billy Talent - Billy Talent
4) Kings of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood
5) Sons & Daughters - Love The Cup
6) Louis XIV - The Best Little Secrets Are Kept
7) Green Day - American Idiot
8) BRMC - Howl
9) Gaslight Anthem - '59 Sound
10) JJ72 - JJ72
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Frank Turner - Love, Ire & Song
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Interesting of those, only Green Day and BRMC arnt debut albums
Too hard to do a top ten, I honestly haven't been open-minded enough in the past three or four years to do so. Chinese Democracy my personal fave, obv, but wouldn't begrudge Is This It its spot. Origin of Symmetry another fave that features on the list (or was that Absolution? can't remember).
Phillip Hughes 1988-2014
RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.
This is a reasonable go at my favourites from this decade, does not get close to the 90's when it comes to my favourite albums. Have limited myself to two albums per band or it would just be Radiohead overkill, even if Hail to the thief and Amnesiac are not in quite the same league as the other two.
1.Radiohead – Kid A
2.Radiohead - In Rainbows
3.Joanna Newsom – Ys
4. The White Stripes – Elephant
5. Arcade Fire – Neon Bible
6. Arcade Fire – Funeral
7. Bob Dylan – Love and Theft
8. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Dig Lazarus Dig!!!
9. The Dandy Warhol’s – 13 Tales from Urban Bohemia
10.The Strokes – Is this it?
Because he doesn't like Hip Hop, at a guess.
Top 10 Hip-Hop albums anyway:
1. Paid in Full - Eric B & Rakim
2. Illmatic - Nas
3. Lifestyles of the Poor & Dangerous - Big L
4. Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A
5. Enter the 36 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan
6. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx - Raekwon
7. Life After Death - Notorious BIG
8. The Chronic - Dr.Dre
9. By All means necessary - KRS-1
10. Moment of Truth or Liquid Sword - Gangstar or GZA (cant make up my mind)
Of the noughties...
1. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
2. Doves - Lost Souls
3. Streets, The - Original Pirate Material
4. Arcade Fire - Funeral
5. Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
6. Decemberists, The - Picaresque
7. Kings on Leon - Youth & Young Manhood
8. Q-Tip - Renaissance, The
9. Radiohead - In Rainbows
10. Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)