cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176
Results 2,626 to 2,637 of 2637
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Music discussion thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Been done, right? Bill Wyman schtupping a 13-year old girl is infamous. Christ, the Stones even once based a tour promo in the 90s (?) on their general status with screwing under-age girls.

The vast majority of famous musicians are raving scumbags at some stage in their lives. Just makes me wonder what Adams did or didn't do to get outed.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 21-02-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Have been listening to Public Service Announcement (Jay Z) on repeat for 3 days.

Going through some **** and it's impossible not to smile and be a little bit amazed when the first verse hits how much ever you listen to it. The energy is just off the charts and always puts you in a good place.

Such a monster of a song.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Been done, right? Bill Wyman schtupping a 13-year old girl is infamous. Christ, the Stones even once based a tour promo in the 90s (?) on their general status with screwing under-age girls.

The vast majority of famous musicians are raving scumbags at some stage in their lives. Just makes me wonder what Adams did or didn't do to get outed.
    I always thought Wyman was very lucky his, er, indiscretions came to light when they did (mid/late 80s from memory). I guess it helped he married her afterwards, but the general consensus seemed to be "Schoolgirls, eh? Could've happened to anyone. Boys will be boys! Run along and don't do it again."

Nowadays he'd be going down for a pretty decent holiday at her maj's pleasure, I'm sure.

&, again from memory, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 14 year old cousin (insert your own deep south witticism here), Chuck Berry was arrested for transporting a minor across state lines & Steven Tyler became the legal guardian of the teenage girl he was introducing to the dubious pleasures of Little Steven, which is all kinds of "eeeuuuww".
    Last edited by BoyBrumby; 21-02-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Brexit is the Tory party's baby; it's been a long and painful labour and, at the very last minute, they've sh@t all over it.'" - Frankie Boyle

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Just makes me wonder what Adams did or didn't do to get outed.
    Refused to play Summer of '69
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I was a little surprised Adams is quite such a c-word as has been reported. I had him down as the common-or-garden talented arsehole who seem to be ten-a-penny in music (a la Jack White or Mark Kozelek, the latter of whom is probably sweating buckets if some of the rumours that have done the rounds post-Ryan are even half true) whose work I might admire but who I probably wouldn't enjoy a beer with.

But yeah, the past is a different country and all that. Led Zep famously are supposed to have pleasured a groupie with a red snapper or a mud shark, depending on which story one believes. Not a good look in the post #Metoo world.

Jimmy Page was pretty notorious for going through most of the baby groupies, usually binned a girl off when she turned 16. Anyone who reads up on Sable Starr or Lori Mattix will see little Jimmy popping up on the reg

I'm not really a film person, but this looks great.

And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Cricket Spectator
    Can't imagine my life without electronic music. It inspires me so much that I started learning how to make my own music some time ago. I found blog for musicians on https://bluebuzzmusic.com/ and record my first track recently. Hope one day I'll create home music studio and become a pro music producer. This is one of my fav EDM songs right now:

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Billie Eilish is pretty good, but I really did not see her sudden superstardom coming.

International Regular chasingthedon's Avatar
    My favourite X-Files writer is Darin Morgan, who is responsible for such classics as Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose and Jose Chung's From Outer Space. He was interviewed a little while ago by Silicon Valley star Kumail Nanjiani, who hosts a podcast on the X Files, and was heard a number of times to say "According to me...", which was a reference to the fact that he had made notes at the time of the writing/filming of the episodes but currently had no recollection of the events or of having written about them.

Why am I posting in the music discussion subforum about a TV show? Well the issue is memory, and specifically remembering my favourite music. My mother is now in 24-hour care suffering from dementia such that, having lived a full and enjoyable life, she now has a hard time recalling any of it.

This led me, on reaching a milestone birthday, to begin a series of Facebook postings whereby I would nominate a favourite song for each year of my life, which eventually developed into a review of the year, both from a global and personal point of view.

This led further to a more wide-ranging project, choosing all my favourite songs for each year, though I imposed a one-song-per-artist restriction, mainly to prevent the thing becoming too unwieldy. This was more difficult than I had anticipated, as there are many artists for whom selecting just one song was a challenge (try it).

The whole point of this exercise is an attempt to be able to listen to and either be reminded of or at the least be re-educated as to why they were favourites in the first place.

Hopefully at the very least I will get an opportunity to learn to love them all over again. Sorry for the somewhat maudlin aspect of this post, but I will say it has been great fun putting together my long list and I have along the way become aware of much great music that I'd either forgotten about or had somehow passed me by at the time.

I need to discuss my new obsession with Heart with a willing participant.
    _Ed_ likes this.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

This is an interesting video. I love how the key signatures mix so well for such a wide array of songs.

Cricketer Of The Year
    Let It All Blow by the Dazz Band is the worst song ever.

Thread Information