Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 end of the world? (yeah right)

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar

2012 end of the world? (yeah right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCm...eature=related

Scary at first but when you do start to actually look into it you think nah. Firstly they say Nostradamus predicts a comet to hit the earth. Have a look at his prediction for 1999;

"In the year 1999 and seven months
    The Great, King of Terror shall
    come from the sky. He will bring to
    life the King of The Mongols. Before
    and after, Mars reigns happily."

Did the great king of terror come from the sky in July 1999, the only thing I can think of was that Serbian war and that's not really the king of terror from the sky. Here's another brilliant prediction which apparently predicts 9/11.

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
    Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
    while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Assuming you call new york the city of god (But why) and the world trade center brothers (although "twin towers" But still far fetched) And you call Bush the great leader (OK now I'm trying not to laugh) And you call the war on terror WWIII (Lets say at the most 1.5 million have died if you compare that to the 50 million who died in WWII its not really a world war) If you believe that then it sounds a bit like 9/11 but its still very fade.
    Now apparently Einstein predicted a polar shift and I'm not going to deny that but I think the consequences of a polar shift are quite exaggerated I don't really see what might happen, the birds might mess up when there going south but I don't see anything serious happening (Maybe SS or Neil can help here)
    Also they say there will only be one more pope, have a look;

In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations; when they are over, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the terrible or fearsome Judge will judge his people. The End.

This doesn't mean the world will end maybe people will finally stand up to this hypocritical and robbing system, or maybe nothing will happen I personally don't let prophecies rule my life and I don't think any intelligent person should. But what do you think?
    Last edited by cover drive man; 20-07-2008 at 05:49 AM.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Isn't the city of seven hills Sheffield? Make Peter the Roman Pope.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Nostradamus also predicted that the world would end with the rise of Mabus, the third Anti-Christ, however. They can't both be true.

He wrote a lot of things - some of his predictions have been scarily close to the mark, but you don't hear about the prophecies that were totally wrong.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    "In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
    Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
    while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
    How about this prophecy hasn't come true yet? Nuke Israel and then we could speculate on a whole different relevancy to this prophecy. Also I thought this may be a thread about the predicted alien invasion in 2012 from X-Files.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    How about this prophecy hasn't come true yet? Nuke Israel and then we could speculate on a whole different relevancy to this prophecy. Also I thought this may be a thread about the predicted alien invasion in 2012 from X-Files.
    Speaking of which there is a lot of trouble going on there, can someone tell me what Armazhinadad doesn't like about Israel?

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Speaking of which there is a lot of trouble going on there, can someone tell me what Armazhinadad doesn't like about Israel?
    There's this place called the holy land in the Middle East, you see. When during the 20's, 30's and 40's Jews began to emigrate there, the Arabs didn't like this and there was a low-intensity conflict. After WW2 Britain had enough of this Empire lark and decided to pull out, and as usual decided to partition it between the Jews and Arabs (c.f. India). The Arabs didn't like this much as they'd been living there for quite a while and the Jews had only recently immigrated, so they rejected the partition plan and promptly invaded Jewish Palestine, or Israel as it was now known.

After having their arses handed to them several times by Israel (48, 67, 73), Palestinians got fed up of conventional war and started suicide bombings and terrorist attacks. Israel, paranoid after being repeatedly invaded and having a huge military responded the only way they knew how, with helicopter gunships, innacurate airstrikes and tanks which only served to piss off Palestinians more and create more suicide bombers. Well, since then the situation hasn't got much better when coupled with nuclear proliferation on the part of Iran, and Islamic radicalisation due to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So to answer your question, the President of Iran doesn't like Israel because it's: Western, allied to the US, oppresses fellow muslims, doesn't like Iran arming itself with nukes, and is the leading power in the region.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    When during the 20's, 30's and 40's Jews began to emigrate there, the Arabs didn't like this and there was a low-intensity conflict. After WW2 Britain had enough of this Empire lark and decided to pull out, and as usual decided to partition it between the Jews and Arabs (c.f. India). The Arabs didn't like this much as they'd been living there for quite a while and the Jews had only recently immigrated, so they rejected the partition plan and promptly invaded Jewish Palestine, or Israel as it was now known.
    They cbf with this sort of crap.

International Debutant
    Sigh. That video was very sad (not in an emotional way though), and not just because they predicted the world would end on my 34th birthday.
    Supporting: NSW & Australia, women's cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Alfresco View Post
    There's this place called the holy land in the Middle East, you see. When during the 20's, 30's and 40's Jews began to emigrate there, the Arabs didn't like this and there was a low-intensity conflict. After WW2 Britain had enough of this Empire lark and decided to pull out, and as usual decided to partition it between the Jews and Arabs (c.f. India). The Arabs didn't like this much as they'd been living there for quite a while and the Jews had only recently immigrated, so they rejected the partition plan and promptly invaded Jewish Palestine, or Israel as it was now known.

After having their arses handed to them several times by Israel (48, 67, 73), Palestinians got fed up of conventional war and started suicide bombings and terrorist attacks. Israel, paranoid after being repeatedly invaded and having a huge military responded the only way they knew how, with helicopter gunships, innacurate airstrikes and tanks which only served to piss off Palestinians more and create more suicide bombers. Well, since then the situation hasn't got much better when coupled with nuclear proliferation on the part of Iran, and Islamic radicalisation due to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So to answer your question, the President of Iran doesn't like Israel because it's: Western, allied to the US, oppresses fellow muslims, doesn't like Iran arming itself with nukes, and is the leading power in the region.
    Thanks, interesting.

Banned
    mayans predicted the 2012 date. its funny because Mayans dissapeared with out a trace. No body knows what happend to the mayan people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mard View Post
    mayans predicted the 2012 date. its funny because Mayans dissapeared with out a trace. No body knows what happend to the mayan people.
    Doesn't mean they just disappeared.

Banned
    ^ well no body knows where they went, they have found skulls and people think they might have all died, but nobody knows how. When the spanish came there, mayans were already gone

Suppose we just dont have the sources to find out.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mard View Post
    ^ well no body knows where they went, they have found skulls and people think they might have all died, but nobody knows how. When the spanish came there, mayans were already gone
    No they weren't. Much of the Mayan civilisation declined, but the Maya people were around when the Spanish came.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Found it weird when the post had nothing to do with the topic title. Took like 10 posts to even mention the Mayans.

Read up on the Mayans and their calendar and what not. Plan on being very drunk the day their calendar ends, so i can go down the way i lived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information