Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CW World records

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Okaaay. Not really sure what you're getting at here. I obviously haven't read the Terms and Conditions of the "Off Topic" and "Testing" forums correctly as I've failed to spot that writing things between colons needs to be done in the Testing Domain.
    TF is part of OT, in essence.

There's a lot of nonsense there but sometimes you get a few interesting bits of stuff and the odd cracker, usually when Richard Edmunds or Daniel Smith is involved.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

All those countries are historically part of the European Union and hence should not count as separate countries. They should also have united sports teams. Any treatment of them as separate countries is purely anachronistic.

:tongueincheek:
    Remind me, how far back does the EU date?

:nottongueincheek:

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I think there were three weeks where I averaged about 1000 posts per week. I really don't know what was wrong with me.
    Nothing wrong, I've done that several times.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Remind me, how far back does the EU date?

:nottongueincheek:
    Depends on which country's point of view you are taking. Effectively since 1951 for the original founding countries, so over 50 years. Ireland has been an autonomous state since 1922, but you like to ignore the strong nationalistic tendencies shown by a large proportion of Irish (certainly in the Ireland vs. UK debate), so I will choose to ignore the centuries of independance that various countries in the EU showed before 1951.

In fact, by the Richard Dickinson ruling, we should probably reform the USSR as a sporting entity because for a large proportion of their recent history (and indeed, their overall history in some states' respects) they were a combined entity. To hell with the fact that, for example, Georgia and Russia can't say two words to each other without falling out.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Okaaay. Not really sure what you're getting at here. I obviously haven't read the Terms and Conditions of the "Off Topic" and "Testing" forums correctly as I've failed to spot that writing things between colons needs to be done in the Testing Domain.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

[ ] Thread Delivers
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Depends on which country's point of view you are taking. Effectively since 1951 for the original founding countries, so over 50 years. Ireland has been an autonomous state since 1922, but you like to ignore the strong nationalistic tendencies shown by a large proportion of Irish (certainly in the Ireland vs. UK debate), so I will choose to ignore the centuries of independance that various countries in the EU showed before 1951.

In fact, by the Richard Dickinson ruling, we should probably reform the USSR as a sporting entity because for a large proportion of their recent history (and indeed, their overall history in some states' respects) they were a combined entity. To hell with the fact that, for example, Georgia and Russia can't say two words to each other without falling out.
    Generally these days, English-Irish hatred is a thing of the past. It's generally confined to archaic types.

BTW, I'm about as pro-Europe as anyone. I don't really hanker after we-should-be-independent-from-the-EU stuff.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    GIMH likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

International Regular DCC_legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Generally these days, English-Irish hatred is a thing of the past. It's generally confined to archaic types.

BTW, I'm about as pro-Europe as anyone. I don't really hanker after we-should-be-independent-from-the-EU stuff.
    Most of the Irish/Northern Irish people I know still hate the English and I'm sure it's the same for many Welsh and Scottish folks, too.
    Where's my money?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    The Welsh still believe they weren't conquered, ffs.
    Scotland, mhmm iffy, sort of were but weren't, should do something but meh they kept relying on the French to help do something, fools.
    Ireland, sort of was, but did something about it, fairplay to them, you can bitch about the English.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I may have the record for the most countries posted in. I've posted from India, US, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Grenada, and UK.
    Hmm...

UK
    France
    Jamaica
    South Africa
    Namibia
    United Arab Emirates
    Germany
    Tunisia
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Pinball Champion!
    Whats the record for posts in one day? I think I went over 200 once..

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.

Most folk down south are over the Irish-English hate, as evident with the rugby in Croker
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I might hold the record for posts in a single thread in Cricket Chat. I had over 1,000 in the 2005 Ashes thread.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

I claim the record for most posts from Dallas, Texas. It's the only record I'm likely to ever hold...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information