cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 2,281 to 2,292 of 2292
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: The Book Thread

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Good grief. Sudser. The Randy Orton fan returns.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Spoiler: Moiraine was dead by the time they got to the wastes IIRC.

Easy mistake to make though given he just wrote one female character (naggy, haughty nuisances) and slapped different names on them.
    Ah yes, indeed, I vaguely remember that.

You're quite right though re: his female characters.

Though if I recall, Nynaeve was slightly better than most of the others, and Egwene was the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Ah yes, indeed, I vaguely remember that.

You're quite right though re: his female characters.

Though if I recall, Nynaeve was slightly better than most of the others, and Egwene was the absolute worst.
    Another trope of his would be to always put the male characters in romantically awkward situations, and then insert a line like "Rand wondered what Perrin/Mat would have done, he was always so good with the girls".

And then later in the book there would be a reverse situation, where Perrin or Mat would think the same about Rand.

This was actually quite funny and endearing the first few times. But he really flogged it to death as the series went on I think. Can remember rolling my eyes after reading it for the 8th time or whatever.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    I finished reading the last book in Erikson's Malazan series last week and I think it might be my favourite series of fantasy books. It can feel completely impenetrable and daunting at first but it's wonderful. Shockingly consistent level of quality all throughout too, I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep View Post
    Been a while since I've posted on CW. Not sure if Brandon Sanderson has been discussed before, but recently I've been reading his books... starting first with Mistborn trilogies, and then the Stormlight Archive. All fantastic fantasy books/series. Any fans here?
    Yep Ive read the first two of Mistborn and have the third on the shelf, probably read it on holiday later in the month. Athlai is a big fan of Stormlight I believe.
    Athlai likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Yeah GIMH is right, loving it so far. Nearing the end of Oathbringer now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Got The Three Body Problem on the go at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    I finished reading the last book in Erikson's Malazan series last week and I think it might be my favourite series of fantasy books. It can feel completely impenetrable and daunting at first but it's wonderful. Shockingly consistent level of quality all throughout too, I thought.
    Love Steven Erikson havent finished it yet though. I am deciding in which order to read them. A biggish event happened in Ian Cameron Eselmonts related series so I am still wondering how important his books are.

I had read Sanderson's way of the kings, and while I had liked it I was looking for something more fast paced.

Thanks to the posters here I picked up mistoborn trilogy last week,.

Breezed through the final empire in 3 days and already halfway through the well of ascension. Loving them.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Yep I’ve read the first two of Mistborn and have the third on the shelf, probably read it on holiday later in the month. Athlai is a big fan of Stormlight I believe.
    I've read all of Mistborn (six books) and Stormlight Archive (three books) that are published till now. Favorite is Words of Radiance (Stormlight #1), followed by The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2). Oathbringer was a little disappointing as Stormlight #3.
    If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat. - Douglas Adams

Re-reading Lost World by Sir Arthur Canon Doyle and it’s such a great book. My favourite hero’s journey style book because of the quirky characters and the unconventional but great ending. Such a short book too. It’s a bit like Jurassic Park but the science is a lot faker and the characters more memorable.
    Last edited by Teja.; Yesterday at 08:36 AM.
    harsh.ag likes this.
    Isnt it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Starting Terry Pratchett. With Small Gods. Maybe will discover some layer of Vimes' posting after.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Thread Information