Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2307
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: The Book Thread

Banned
    I read Emily Bronte's classic 'Wuthering Heights' a long time ago when I was a teenager, and the language Bronte used to describe Heathcliff at the time gave me the distinct impression that he was of mixed-race. So, I was always a bit surprised to see the early films portraying him as white, with actors such as Lawrence Olivier, Timothy Dalton and Ralph Fiennes playing the lead role. Finally, we have a mixed-race actor portraying the lead role of Heathcliff in the latest film to come out....

James Howson: The first black Heathcliff in new Andrea Arnold film | Mail Online

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Can always on shivfan to turn any book into Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Next up The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar - It's really about the slave trade.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Dan
    Having to read Gulliver's Travels for Extension English. I'm definitely not a fan of it to be honest.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Amazon has announced that from today US users can withdraw books from their libraries using the kindle. My library has still not got it. Pretty excited about that though.

International Coach wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Awesome! Only 20 or so years away from it happening in NZ then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neesham
    Root always sets up the innings well. It's nice having BJ down the order to finish the innings off.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Decided to give a break to my regular reads (Fantasy interspersed with some Archer and Follet). Am currently reading Stephen King's Bag of Bones. am half way through the book and am really loving it.

Wouldn't call the book horror. Yes it has the supernatural but it goes much beyond cheap scares.

Out comes the latest Kindle E-Readers. Will be buying the Kindle Touch without 3G. At $99 it is awesome cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    Out comes the latest Kindle E-Readers. Will be buying the Kindle Touch without 3G. At $99 it is awesome cheap.

I'm relieved to be spared the buyers remorse, tbh. There doesn't seem to be any improvement in the e-ink panel in the new models. I can't understand why Amazon haven't yet gone with the higher resolution that the iRiver reader already has. It also helps that I can't stand touchscreens. Are there any improvements in the interface?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I'm relieved to be spared the buyers remorse, tbh. There doesn't seem to be any improvement in the e-ink panel in the new models. I can't understand why Amazon haven't yet gone with the higher resolution that the iRiver reader already has. It also helps that I can't stand touchscreens. Are there any improvements in the interface?
    There will be some virtual keyboard to make do for the missing keyboard. Other than that I do not see any major changes. Don't see the point in buying one if you already have a kindle but if not this is a good deal.

Hmmm, at first I felt a bit disappointed that new versions have come out only a month or so after buying my Kindle. But I suppose it was always going to happen.

Yeah, they are pretty cheap, but there isnt really much point in a touch screen for an e-reader, so I'm happy with my current Kindle. A touch screen means more scratches on the screen, and more use of the battery (I assume). Using the keyboard on my current Kindle may be a bit awkward, but you never really use it when you are reading so........

So meh?
    Last edited by KiWiNiNjA; 30-09-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    When do the others come out? Only the cheapo one seems to be out here, they are still selling the Kindle 'Keyboard' as well. Thinking of getting my Mum one as she is going for an operation at the end of October and will probably have to do nothing for a month.

It's a joke though that the $79 kindle is £89 here!

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Hmmm, at first I felt a bit disappointed that new versions have come out only a month or so after buying my Kindle. But I suppose it was always going to happen.

Yeah, they are pretty cheap, but there isnt really much point in a touch screen for an e-reader, so I'm happy with my current Kindle. A touch screen means more scratches on the screen, and more use of the battery (I assume). Using the keyboard on my current Kindle may be a bit awkward, but you never really use it when you are reading so........

So meh?
    Apparently there's a bit of a lottery with the screens on the new kindles. It's only been a couple of days, and already there are conflicting reports on the quality of the display, which is supposed to be identical to the (now) old Kindle. Some have reported an improved display with greater contrast, while some have had the opposite experience. Here are a couple of images on the Amazon website, posted by a new purchaser:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0051QVESA/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all
    There's ABSOLUTELY a difference in the sharpness of the e-ink. The New Kindle ink seems faded when compared to the K3. Not super excited about this but, to be honest, I only noticed it once I put hem side by side. There's only a slight difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    When do the others come out? Only the cheapo one seems to be out here, they are still selling the Kindle 'Keyboard' as well. Thinking of getting my Mum one as she is going for an operation at the end of October and will probably have to do nothing for a month.

The $79 is the pricing for the ad-supported one, which is available only to American customers. The regular one is $109, and can be purchased by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post

The rest come out on Nov 21st in the US. Not sure about the rest of the world.

Currently reading some Stephen King books and am liking it a lot. Read "A Bag of Bones" and loved it. A very well written story and the whole stories atmosphere really works. Currently reading "Full Dark, No Stars", a collection of 5 novellas, and again a good read till now.

Thread Information