Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: HaHa Celtic!

  1. #1
    Tim
    Tim is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    7,888

    HaHa Celtic!

    The Uefa Cup final loss should put to rest any Celtic fans claiming Celtic were a class European team.

  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    they are a class team, to make the final of any european competition is a big effort.
    hold on why am i defending them, i lost a good amount of money of them :!( :!( :!(

  3. #3
    Tim
    Tim is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    7,888
    They do pretty well for a bunch of overrated players but they wouldn't last 2 minutes in the CHampions league.

  4. #4
    U19 12th Man Hoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    215
    After West Ham got relegated I don't care.
    "That's ****ed his average Tony!"
    ___________________________
    2005/06 Awards
    Eltham C Grade Best & Fairest
    Eltham C Grade Bowling Award


  5. #5
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Hoggy, i just fell off my chair when i saw your signature there.
    Slater is class, but to say hes better than lockyer..... please dont make me laugh.
    Lockyer is the 2nd best player in the NRL behind Johns, at least Slater is a Queenslander, he should be in the side next year.

    anyway, back to topic, Celtic are a fair bit better than you are giving them credit for tim.
    even the commentator said that porto will go far in next years CL, and celtic matched it with them fairly well.

  6. #6
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,859
    Your a fool for putting money on Celtic, a crazy fool!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  7. #7
    U19 12th Man Hoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    215
    Originally posted by broncoman
    Hoggy, i just fell off my chair when i saw your signature there.
    Slater is class, but to say hes better than lockyer..... please dont make me laugh.
    Lockyer is the 2nd best player in the NRL behind Johns, at least Slater is a Queenslander, he should be in the side next year.
    1. Slater is class.
    2. If Slater played for Brisbane he would be playing Origin already, plus if Lockyer or Schifcofske ****s up in Origin 1, we have Mr. Slater ready to come in.
    3. Fittler is the 2nd best player behind Johns, and then Stacey Jones.
    4. Slater should be in the side this year.

    How do you like them apples!

  8. #8
    International Captain nibbs's Avatar
    Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,875
    Who gives a ****. UEFA Cup is lame...
    "Matt Damon"

  9. #9
    International Captain nibbs's Avatar
    Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,875
    Originally posted by Tim
    They do pretty well for a bunch of overrated players but they wouldn't last 2 minutes in the CHampions league.
    hmmmmmm, I recall Celtic beating Juventus in the Champions League.

  10. #10
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Originally posted by Hoggy
    1. Slater is class.
    2. If Slater played for Brisbane he would be playing Origin already, plus if Lockyer or Schifcofske ****s up in Origin 1, we have Mr. Slater ready to come in.
    3. Fittler is the 2nd best player behind Johns, and then Stacey Jones.
    4. Slater should be in the side this year.

    How do you like them apples!
    Slater has played 9 career games, Lockyer has been rated among the top 50 players of all time and has consistently been one of the best in the league since 1995, they are on a completely different scale.
    It would be an absolute disgrace if slater or Justin Hodges for that matter were picked in the qld side above guys like tate, bowman, hegarty, schifcofske, carroll and wesser.
    Dont be surprised to see slater end up a one season onder, there have been plenty of them in recent times.

    Jones i can agree as one of the best players in the league, fittler 2 years ago yes, craig wing is better than fittler now for sure.
    And Lockyer will not be getting dropped, if he gets dropped from the origin team this season (barring injury/suspension) i become a melbourne storm supporter for the rest of my life, in fact i might even cheer the roosters on in a game.

  11. #11
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,864
    There's not much that gives me more pleasure than seeing Celtic lose.

    The UEFA Cup has been a Cup for dropouts and failures for the past few years - Liverpool, Feyenoord and Porto don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of Real Madrid and Juventus...

    And FC Basel had enough on merit for Celtic and Liverpool in the Champions League, didn't they?

    Celtic were played off the park by an average Premiership team in Blackburn in the third round and didn't deserve to get past that.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  12. #12
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Real Madrid = too much money and alot of free time.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."


  13. #13
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    Celtic were played off the park by an average Premiership team in Blackburn in the third round and didn't deserve to get past that.
    Lol, I detect a small amount of bitterness there at Celtic knocking your (glory supporter) precious Blackburn out the UEFA Cup?
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

  14. #14
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,859
    Originally posted by PY
    Lol, I detect a small amount of bitterness there at Celtic knocking your (glory supporter) precious Blackburn out the UEFA Cup?
    No, Blackburn did actually play them off the park!

  15. #15
    International Captain nibbs's Avatar
    Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,875
    Originally posted by broncoman
    Slater has played 9 career games, Lockyer has been rated among the top 50 players of all time and has consistently been one of the best in the league since 1995, they are on a completely different scale.
    It would be an absolute disgrace if slater or Justin Hodges for that matter were picked in the qld side above guys like tate, bowman, hegarty, schifcofske, carroll and wesser.
    Dont be surprised to see slater end up a one season onder, there have been plenty of them in recent times.

    Jones i can agree as one of the best players in the league, fittler 2 years ago yes, craig wing is better than fittler now for sure.
    And Lockyer will not be getting dropped, if he gets dropped from the origin team this season (barring injury/suspension) i become a melbourne storm supporter for the rest of my life, in fact i might even cheer the roosters on in a game.
    I wouldn't worry about him Simon. He's just a sad dreamer. Anyone who thinks there is a better fullback than Lockyer is just dreaming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •