Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar

NBA Playoffs

How many people here follow basketball? If you don't you should be ashamed of yourself. It's the fourth best sport in the world!

Anyway, I'll save the lecture for another time.

The playoffs are upon us and there are only 4 teams left.

Dallas Mavericks v San Antonio Spurs
    New Jersey Nets v Detroit Pistons

Personally I wish it had been the Kings and the Lakers for the West Finals so that Sacramento could get their revenge after last year. At least the Lakers won't win it again .
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    LAKERS RULE FOREVER AND EVER AMEN

DALLAS VS NEW JERESEY FOR FINALS YEAH!!!!!!

Lakers suck! They're a two man team. Sacramento, when fit have depth, so they rule.

I agree with the Dallas/Jersey finals. Dallas will prevail, they have too much offense for the Nets.

Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Lakers suck! They're a two man team. Sacramento, when fit have depth, so they rule.

I agree with the Dallas/Jersey finals. Dallas will prevail, they have too much offense for the Nets.
    They are a 2 man team, but Shaq and Kobe are just awesome(especially Kobe)! If they play to potential and the role players(Horry, Fisher & George(Fox)) support them well, they are still the best team in the league.

Dallas looks like they are in great form. Still, the Spurs are good enough to upset their apple-cart. I like Kidd and Kenyon Martin, but the Nets as a whole are a boring team, so are the Pistons. I wish Iverson and the 76'ers had beaten the Pistons.

Looks like it's going to be either Dallas or SA for the title this year....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Is it just me or is the Eastern Conference getting progressively weaker??? I tip Dallas to win this year!
    orz

Originally posted by Papa Shango
    Is it just me or is the Eastern Conference getting progressively weaker??? I tip Dallas to win this year!
    I don't know about the progressively weaker thing, but the Westeners have had more flash and fire compared to the easterners for a few years now.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    I find it weird that though the Eastern Conference is getting weaker they still always have one team in the finals :P:P

State 12th Man
    cool, basketball fans! isnt it the first best sport?

anyways I am quite a big Portland Trailblazers fan, so predictably another sad year for me, but I like the direction the team is going, the GM also quit who was notorious for assembling a big payroll and a bunch of thugs.

Even though the Spurs lost the first game, they will be tough to beat still I think, look for a blowout next game, but some of the players, Nash esepcially are very mentally tough in Dallas.

The problme is no team can have a shooting game with Dallas and win (not even the kings), and for some parts of the second half thats what Spurs were doing. with the fast tempo run and gun type of ball.

The spurs need to really slow the pace of the game down, and their big men, apart from Duncan really will need to step up, I'd say next game they will have 60% of points in the paint.

East sucks! I hate NJ, but they are the best in the east.
    Last edited by royGilchrist; 20-05-2003 at 02:57 PM.

Originally posted by royGilchrist
    The problme is no team can have a shooting game with Dallas and win (not even the kings), and for some parts of the second half thats what Spurs were doing. with the fast tempo run and gun type of ball.
    I disagree. I think that the Kings (with a fit Webber) play better d than Dallas. As such, they can limit the Mavs shooting game and with Bibby, Christie, Stoijacavic and Webber, they can easily match Dallas shot for shot.

We have not seen the last of the Kings. I tip them to win it next year. This year should've been their year, but that unfortunate Webber injury has kept them down and knocked them out.

Originally posted by royGilchrist
    The spurs need to really slow the pace of the game down, and their big men, apart from Duncan really will need to step up, I'd say next game they will have 60% of points in the paint.
    I think the Spurs can and probably will beat Dallas because they have such good defense, especially with Duncan at centre. They also have some scorers- Tony Parker on his day is capable of putting up ridiculous numbers for a man of his size (sort of like Nash ) and Duncan will give you 35 to 40 every night. Add 12-15 rebounds to Duncan's figures and the Spurs could be in the finals.

Dallas is still one of my favourite teams though. They are a joy to watch and Nash is a crazy good player.

East sucks! I hate NJ, but they are the best in the east.
    I like Jason Kidd, but aside from him I'm not the biggest fan of the Nets.

BTW, did you guys hear that the Lakers are contemplating going after Pippen, Malone or Juwan Howard next season? They'll be near unbeatable with the addition of any of the three- especially Malone.

State 12th Man
    Lakers need a good power forward, tey suck at that position. Malone might not come to LA as he needs his touches to break Karemm's all time points record, but who knows what his priorities are.

As for shooting of Dallas, you are wrong my friend, I am not giving numbers here, kinda lazy, but in Kings, apart from Stojakovic, and sometimes Bibby, there is no pure shooters. Whereas in Dallas, Nash, Dirk, Finley, Van exel, are all solid and in some cases frighteningly good shooters. Not sure if you noticed, but in the Sac/Dallas series Kings were going in the paint almost exclusively, partly because of Dallas' sucky defence but also becasue they can just have a shooting match with Dallas.

I never said anything about Dallas's D, but just that they are the best shooting team in the NBA, no one can play that game with them and win, 4 of 7.

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    Originally posted by Papa Shango
    I find it weird that though the Eastern Conference is getting weaker they still always have one team in the finals :P:P
    That's how the NBA structure is...Eastern conference winners play the western conference winners for the title.Eastern conference has been a disappointment after that last Jordan inspired Bulls' run in 1998. So NBA finals are useless.....the western conference finals are the best.

I am a big Spurs fan, just because of Duncan though. But yesterday's game with the Mavs proved that although they have a good defense, they probably cannot match the Mavs' shooting capacity and swiftness and so I agree with Roy that they need to slow down the game if they want to stay alive in this series.I hate those screaming Dallas' fans just like the Lakers'. Atleast one evil is out of the race..... Spurs should throw out the other.
    Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Im a big NJ supporter been supporting them for ages, only after the days after jordan quit the bulls... *******..

lakers dont deserve to win , they been winning previously , but i think they cant this year

Dallas vs NJ finals would be good and i really want NJ to win it clean there!!

Jason Kidd is doing well and a few other stars are rising from the NJ although dallas is a good team and a tough battle will be fought there....

Kidd needs more support all round.. which NJ is capable when things going well , they arent like a 2 man team like Lakers were they need Shaq and Kobe in form to win...
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

The Nets have the D to win a championship, but not the scoring ability.

Re: The Kings - Bobby Jackson is as good as Nick van Exel, IMO.

The Nets are up 2-0 and the Spurs even scores with the Mavs. It's Spurs vs Nets for me in the finals and the Spurs to win easily....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information