Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of Sport?

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar

Tired of Sport?

With the amount now shown on TV I'm now starting to realise that there is far too much even IMO for sport lovers. I've always been into playing and watching a whole variety but the amount now shown has left me feeling a bit fatigued and bored. Maybe if there was less on TV the hunger and motivation to enjoy top class sport will come back..

Typical is the Sky Sports Football ad for next season showing the EPL, La Liga, Championship, Scottish Cup, L1 and L2 and Internationals.

Anyone else feeling like this?
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    With the amount now shown on TV I'm now starting to realise that there is far too much even IMO for sport lovers. I've always been into playing and watching a whole variety but the amount now shown has left me feeling a bit fatigued and bored. Maybe if there was less on TV the hunger and motivation to enjoy top class sport will come back..

Typical is the Sky Sports Football ad for next season showing the EPL, La Liga, Championship, Scottish Cup, L1 and L2 and Internationals.

Nah...

Actually, I do get a bit fatigued in the footy season sometimes. Some of the Monday Night Middlesboro versus Fulham-style games I just can't get it up for.

Obvious solution is not to watch for a bit. If you had steak everyday I'm sure it would pale eventually.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Exactly - you don't have to watch it all (or try to). I'm pretty much a one-sport man but I certainly don't watch all the cricket on offer from Sky.

Will get around to watching 'Cricket Writers on TV' though, one of these days. Any good is it?

Breakout Champion!
    Got tired of football about 5 years ago. It's a 12 month sport these days. Never any break from it.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Agree with Howgate, though like Stumpski said, you don't actually have to watch everything Sky Sports and all the other TV networks spoon feed everyone. But I agree that there is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Exactly - you don't have to watch it all (or try to). I'm pretty much a one-sport man but I certainly don't watch all the cricket on offer from Sky.

Will get around to watching 'Cricket Writers on TV' though, one of these days. Any good is it?
    Very good, uses the same format as the 'Football Writers on TV' and maintains the same level of insightfulness and intellectual debate. Its much better than your typical cricketing analyse with Gower and the boys after an ODI or Test, which is presumably due to the fact that the conversations are with professional journalists not former England cricketers turned cheerleaders.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    You'd have to be crazy. Watching sport all day is a dream, especially being able to do it at work.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    The quantity of sport broadcasted is aimed at being all-inclusive. Showing something for the various tastes of sports lovers. Some people like cricket, some people like darts. Some people like football, some people like Middlesbrough. I don't think they expect individuals to watch all of the programming.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post

Secret is being able to sort out the wheat from the chaff. Watch the teams you're really oassionate about but try and take breaks from other stuff is how I manage it and I still haven't lost the hunger for any sports I love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    You'd have to be crazy. Watching sport all day is a dream, especially being able to do it at work.
    Yeah, I'm enjoying having TVs all over the place at work - mixture of racing and sport - what more could you ask for?

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Yeah, I'm enjoying having TVs all over the place at work - mixture of racing and sport - what more could you ask for?
    I've got Fox Sports News on the TV on my left, Dr Phil on my right, and 3 monitors that I'm using to browse CW, bet online and do my research ahead of the next round of footy and tonight/tomorrow's cricket. And I'm getting paid for it.

I have just learnt to follow the sport I like and not get into other events.

Having said this, I haven't had Pay TV this past year, and will be getting it next month, so that could change.

I reckon Pup as long as you make an effort to watch the big events like Tour De France, Wimbledon, Euro Championships it's all good.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Indeed.

I've got Fox Sports News on the TV on my left, Dr Phil on my right, and 3 monitors that I'm using to browse CW, bet online and do my research ahead of the next round of footy and tonight/tomorrow's cricket. And I'm getting paid for it.
    In comparison, I'm starting a peanut paying litigation internship at a law firm on Monday working roughly 9am-7pm, more-so for face value then anything else.

So **** you and your awesome job
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Have to say, that still sounds pretty awesome to me. Something like what I'm hoping to get when I finish my degree.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information