Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPGs/Tabletop Wargames

RPGs/Tabletop Wargames

At the risk of putting a dent in my precious cache of cool around these parts , does anyone here play any of these games - eg. D&D, Warhammer etc?
    Last edited by Matt79; 25-06-2008 at 06:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Used to play Warhammer, got to boring and expensive, especially expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Yeah, it's hideously expensive. i used to play as a kid, but stopped due to lack of money and better things to spend money on, plus not having the time or frankly enjoyable opponents to play with. Since the kids have come along, its harder to go out of an evening, and recently I found and dusted off my old collection and have been enjoying properly painting them up - something I never had the patience for as a kid.

Same boat as Dwyer, too expensive. Have a 2k point Khorne Beserker 40k army and a 10k point Tzeentch fantasy battle's army, haven't touched either in years. I still feverishly read the fluff though, especially space marine (particularily Horus Heresy and Primarch-based) fluff. Am currently reading book 5 of the Horus Heresy series (titled 'Fulgrim')

btw, as a side note, does "I am Alpharius" in your sig refer to the Primarch of the Alpha Legion? Spose that would be too nerdeh.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Warhammer was always something I found interesting, but never really got into. Was a little too complicated for me. I was more of a Monopoly and Mastermind kid. All this pokemon stuff the kids at school get into these days - I just don't get that either.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

risk ftw
    ENGLAND CB SERIES CHAMPS FUTURE WORLD CUP CHAMPS(2011) AND IN 2009 THE ASHES HOLDERS

the official England 'patriotic cheerleader'

Proud supporter of the England national cricket, football and rugby teams and of TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUBS

Msn: jammay123@hotmail.co.uk

come on CW BLUE

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Yeah, same here. And when you live in a small town with few opponents it's a lot of time, effort and money to play the same whiney **** in a game thats over in about 15 minutes.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Magic: The Gathering

i think I have my ****ty old deck lying around back in NZ. Remember playing it around 13-15, but most fun was always had when I used my friends deck.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Magic: The Gathering

i think I have my ****ty old deck lying around back in NZ. Remember playing it around 13-15, but most fun was always had when I used my friends deck.
    Yep same here....Loved the Lava axe...and the something lizrard, it'sstats were something like 8/5
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Never liked tabletop very much. I did enjoy Warhammer FRP and I subscibed to White Dwarf from the very early days as a kid when it was almost just a fanzine.

Games Workshop really went down hill (in my opinion) about 16 years ago as it moved increasingly corporate.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Got into Yugioh for a little while, that's about it.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Never liked tabletop very much. I did enjoy Warhammer FRP and I subscibed to White Dwarf from the very early days as a kid when it was almost just a fanzine.

Games Workshop really went down hill (in my opinion) about 16 years ago as it moved increasingly corporate.
    Yeah I have to agree with you. I'm obviously not as old as you so I don't literally remember the stages, but the actual tabletop games these days are boring as bat**** and so expensive. I'll never collect an army again, I may however, do some conversions for Golden Demon. I've had one planned for a very long time, and as soon as I get out of uni and into work I'll be putting it together.

Pretty much yes to everything.

I play tournament MTG.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Yeah I have to agree with you. I'm obviously not as old as you so I don't literally remember the stages, but the actual tabletop games these days are boring as bat**** and so expensive. I'll never collect an army again, I may however, do some conversions for Golden Demon. I've had one planned for a very long time, and as soon as I get out of uni and into work I'll be putting it together.
    Yeah, the magazine is just a long advertisement these days for whatever stuff they've released that month.

I've got about 2K worth of Eldar painted and the beginnings of a Marine army, plus some old fantasy Chaos stuff. I'm got a game teed up for the first time in 8-10 years next weekend, so it will be interesting - the guys involved are solid blokes who mainly want to have a bit of fun rather than be ultra-competitive or whiny, so hopefully it will be good. Like DCYE, I like the fluff more than anything else, and read a lot of the novels - some of which are quite good, whereas some are just by-numbers pulp. The Horus Heresy novels have been great.

Re the signature: um.. no, I'm not that nerdy... However, if I was, I'd encourage you to keep ripping through the Heresy books til you get to "Legion", and then you'll see what I might be talking about.

Played MECCG (the first Tolkien CCG from ICE) extensively, still have a full collection of the cards. Best Game Ever. Have played only one game in the last three years though.
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information