Thread: work fear?

Banned

work fear?

i am not sure what to do exactly. I have strange fear that i can never get rid off. You see I am always afraid of going to work. Every morning when i wake up to go to work i always feel a strange fear inside me that something will go wrong at work today and I will get fired. I dont know if other people have this kind of fear, but my fear is always intense in the morning. Some times it is so intense that I have pain in my chest. Perhaps it is because i have low confidence in general and i dont trust myself and thats i feel that i will screw up something at work and get fired

The problem is I have fear of responsibilties.

is there a way i can get rid of this fear?

Mard,

Negative happens, because you think it that way. Start thinking that you are doing very well in your job. Think positive, remove all negative thoughts. Visualize that you are excelling and everyone is praising your work.

Right now, say "I am doing very well in my job. I am the best. I enjoy quite a lot." Repeat them like a parrot. Don't think how will they work, have faith in god.

Do not think thoughts like "I fear this may happen / I do not want this thing / this should not be" because then that only will happen. Think about what you want to happen, then keep thinking about it. It will surely happen.

Think about all the things that you are to be grateful for. As you are a member of CW forums, you already have one reason .

Have faith, it will surely work. Start thinking positive, NOW!
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mard View Post
    i am not sure what to do exactly. I have strange fear that i can never get rid off. You see I am always afraid of going to work. Every morning when i wake up to go to work i always feel a strange fear inside me that something will go wrong at work today and I will get fired. I dont know if other people have this kind of fear, but my fear is always intense in the morning. Some times it is so intense that I have pain in my chest. Perhaps it is because i have low confidence in general and i dont trust myself and thats i feel that i will screw up something at work and get fired

If you were to lose your job, what would you do? If you think you would be in trouble, perhaps it is time to update your resume, learn some skills and make yourself more marketable. If you have the peace of mind that you will be able to find a new job if you get fired, you'll be much less apprehensive about going to work every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by yaju View Post
    Mard,

Negative happens, because you think it that way. Start thinking that you are doing very well in your job. Think positive, remove all negative thoughts. Visualize that you are excelling and everyone is praising your work.

Right now, say "I am doing very well in my job. I am the best. I enjoy quite a lot." Repeat them like a parrot. Don't think how will they work, have faith in god.

Do not think thoughts like "I fear this may happen / I do not want this thing / this should not be" because then that only will happen. Think about what you want to happen, then keep thinking about it. It will surely happen.

Think about all the things that you are to be grateful for. As you are a member of CW forums, you already have one reason .

Have faith, it will surely work. Start thinking positive, NOW!
    I beg to differ. Nothing happens if you just say it. You've to go out there and do it yourself. You need to have the mental strength to be able to do it. One of the problems I have with the concept of god (and I don't want to make this a god existence question thread) is that a lot of people I've seen stop doing something and hope god will somehow help them do it, rather than trying to develop the ability to do it.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep View Post
    I beg to differ. Nothing happens if you just say it. You've to go out there and do it yourself. You need to have the mental strength to be able to do it. One of the problems I have with the concept of god (and I don't want to make this a god existence question thread) is that a lot of people I've seen stop doing something and hope god will somehow help them do it, rather than trying to develop the ability to do it.
    There's nothing wrong in taking a little inspiration from god if that helps you. Obviously god should be seen as a guiding force of inspiration. You still have to put in the hard work yourself.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Talk to a head shrinker. You are not going to get a solution to your problem in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    There's nothing wrong in taking a little inspiration from god if that helps you. Obviously god should be seen as a guiding force of inspiration. You still have to put in the hard work yourself.
    One of the classic examples is The Shawshank Redemption. It's a movie about hope, and maybe even faith. But what needs to be realized is how meticulously Andy Dufresne planned his escaped, how hard he worked and how he converted his inspiration to get out of prison to actual results (i.e. get out of prison).

One of the classic examples is The Shawshank Redemption. It's a movie about hope, and maybe even faith. But what needs to be realized is how meticulously Andy Dufresne planned his escaped, how hard he worked and how he converted his inspiration to get out of prison to actual results (i.e. get out of prison).
    That was a movie Sudeep............In real life Mard would probably languish somewhere in a Pakistani jail where an "Angrezon ke Zamane ka Jailor" would thrash him to within inches of his life for even talking about a surang.

Mate I suffer from the same type of work-related insecurity. For me, it's a great a motivator - makes me work hard, to ensure that nothing and nobody can take my job away from me. However, if it's not motivating you, but paralysing you, perhaps you would benefit from talking to a professional about it. Otherwise, just remember that it's normal to fear having things taken away that mean so much to you.

If you have faith, then things happen themselves.

You are right about people, in their case they have false faith. From a vague corner of their brain they feel that this is not going to happen, and that only happens. If you are fully convinced that it will happen, then it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Yes, absolutely.

But that was a movie ...

Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    That was a movie Sudeep............In real life Mard would probably languish somewhere in a Pakistani jail where an "Angrezon ke Zamane ka Jailor" would thrash him to within inches of his life for even talking about a surang.
    Exactly!

Thread Information