Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Education System

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar

The Education System

From my blog;

Hello my name is John and I am here to express my views on specific factors which make an affect in our lives. Every so often I will post my views on a number of topics which I feel are important for maintaining the social balance which runs throughout my English (and the worlds) society, these will mostly include political philosophy and ideological theories of my own figuring. Over time you may come to develop what my place on the political spectrum is and you may begin to agree or disagree (Feel free to comment).

My first topic which is very close to me and the people around me is the education system and the common youth mindset which runs throughout my school and England and is similar to how the education system is done in many other parts of the world. The reason why it affects me is because I myself am a young schoolboy and I have been subject to the education system through most of my life. I've watched people around me grow up, and I've noticed that now after years of working with these people that I can see by particular students social behaviour how much they seem to have matured. At this moment most of the people I know seem to be going through the interesting yet in my view unnecessary teenage social time. Puberty hits everyone in a lot of different ways, to all of us it means substantial body, mental and social changes. But to a lot of people it involves strange haircuts, fake emotions, music and sadly falling into line with everyone else. I once acted like this trying my hardest to look menacing and yobbish at a basic attempt to make everyone think good about me but as I've developed more I've realised that there are a lot more important things in this world than being popular or "cool" But I'm afraid many other teenagers don't realise this. You see this whenever you walk into a year 9 classroom, we seem to cut ourselves into two groups "Nerdy people" And "Popular people" And after about ten minutes in a classroom one can distinguish between the two, I myself try to fall into a middle of the road part I try to be happy with everyone. Even though I may not necessarily agree with what they do, I still remind myself of the fact that the fundamental elements of there lives are similar to mine. The "Nerds" In essence are alright they concentrate on the work and try not to cause trouble although they are often subject to awful victimisation which I am completely against. I mean do you have any idea what it's like too be classed as a human joke in front of everyone and ridiculed for everything you do even though you have never harmed anyone. Whereas we have the popular people who are a lot more indifferent towards there studies and rather care more about how other people view them and they seek attention for this cause (This is often done by the victimisation of a "nerd") Now the way the system seems to work these people are given chance after chance after chance until finally somethings done. I remember a boy involved in an apparent vicious attack and instead of him being expelled the victim was the one who left the school and this boy again was given "A last chance" Although the schools cannot bear to expel someone because they care more about the schools results than the education of the students.

So these people roam day after day causing more and more trouble for staff and other students but the authority figures of the school do the bare minimums of stopping it and rather put them in learning support groups which seems more like an excuse to not do lessons rather than a learning support center and it seems that these people get rewarded more than punished while there are children wishing for death at what they've done. I believe that to attack the Yob culture we have set up we must be more authorotarian and less anarchistic on the trouble makers.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 17-06-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Tbh CDM, that doesnt really have a lot to do with the Education System, but more with yob culture, which will always exist.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    CDM to star as Screech in a UK version of Saved by the Bell within the year.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    "Sthhorrrrry, Mister Beeeeee"

International 12th Man Shaggy Alfresco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    I mean do you have any idea what it's like too be classed as a human joke in front of everyone and ridiculed for everything you do even though you have never harmed anyone.
    Too easy

The education system

Needs to promote the use of paragraphs, I feel.

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Haha he's a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    I remember a boy involved in an apparent vicious attack and instead of him being expelled the victim was the one who left the school and this boy again was given "A last chance" Although the schools cannot bear to expel someone because they care more about the schools results than the education of the students.
    TBF, you have hit on a good point.

Schools with high levels of expulsions are now looked upon as problem schools. So schools dont use this form of punishment anywhere near the level they did or they should.

With all the statistics being reported, schools are also now far less likely to involve the police for illegal activities (ranging from drug dealing to after hours burglary of the school) as it is bad PR and paints the school in a bad light.

What is happening now is that a number of schools are taking the easy option and not enforcing punishments as they should in order to maintain an artificially good reputation.
    Last edited by Goughy; 18-06-2008 at 02:15 AM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

It is worth pointing out though that Schools are only allowed to expel a certain amount of students per annum, and would only do so in exceptional circumstances. As I have no idea of the circumstances and details surrounding this "vicious attack" I can't really comment. But young people get into fights all the time, though granted its hardly fair that the victim is the one who has to leave the school.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    It is worth pointing out though that Schools are only allowed to expel a certain amount of students per annum, and would only do so in exceptional circumstances. As I have no idea of the circumstances and details surrounding this "vicious attack" I can't really comment. But young people get into fights all the time, though granted its hardly fair that the victim is the one who has to leave the school.
    Are exclusions rationed as well?

In my school, if you had a fight you were excluded. Simple as that, until the Headmaster met your parents and the governors approved letting you back in school.

Same with bullying and illegal activities.

You are right though. Expelling kids was and is still rare.
    Last edited by Goughy; 18-06-2008 at 02:28 AM.

I think exclusions are fairly commonplace, or at least they were at my School when I was still there a few years ago. Any serious incident would almost certainly warrant an exclusion, but once that had been completed it seemed that further action very rarely occurred, unless the person who was being punished repeated the offence. I guess they aren't rationed because they are still in effect an in school punishment, which is regulated by the staff and teachers etc... Whereas an exclusion is probably something you have to get regulated externally by an Education authority or something like that....or i'd guess so anyway.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Not sure if we can all be classed as nerdy or popular. Where I live, at least, there's plenty of people who fall into the middle as well as your other typical stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Yeah tbh I never really considered or indeed currently consider myself to be either nerdy or popular. I always worked quite hard at school and did reasonably well, but never really hung around with anyone I considered to be from either of these groups, as like Flem has said there is a middle ground between them, which i'd say i'd fall into.

cdm - Britian's future PM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I lived in a bubble in High School I guess. I never noticed cliques like that. I had like three friends in high school and I don't remember getting involved in any other social groups, or even noticing their existance. I'm sure that stuff went on, but I don't necessarily think you have to be a party to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information