Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Town moves against Islamic school

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Town moves against Islamic school

Haha, this article is classic.

I love some of the comments:

Can I just say this without being racist or political?

When someone says that, it's a huge clue right there. It's sort of like saying, 'I don't want to commit murder, but can I just stab him in the throat for a while?'

Seeing as how that preface can excuse whatever you say afterward, I'm going to start using it every situation to be honest. I don't want to seem like I hate Andrew Symonds and Harbhajan Singh, but I hate Andrew Symonds and Harbhajan Singh.

And I hope the muslim school doesn't pass either - I've never been a fan of religious indoctrination of any kind, so I actually agree with these people in terms of their goal, except my dislike of religion is relatively equally distributed.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 27-05-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Well, town full of racists there.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    This makes me so angry. FFS, all white Australian people are immigrants, who are you racist lot (the bunch at that march) to tell people that they can't move into Australia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Beaten by Adamc in the Australian Politics thread, with that exact quote itbt.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    That was the reason i found Michael Howard being anti-immigration to be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

"Why hasn't anyone got any guts? They've got terrorists amongst 'em... They want to be here so they can go and hide in all the farm houses... This town has every nationality... but Muslims do not fit in this town. We are Aussies, OK."

Scum of the scum. Hope their barns burn down (with no animals in it, that'd be cruel)
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Wow, I just watched that video, and it makes me phsically ill.

The person who I quoted above is a woman, and I'd completely support someone slapping the taste right out of her mouth.

And her bs about how Camden welcomes people from all nationalities, and then she lists a whole lot of white/anglo countries. Idiot.

The end of that video is very Cronulla-esque.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Unfortunately the views of these people do not surprise me.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    White Australians, what? Nothing better to do? Why don't you kick yourself out? You're an immigrant too.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Pinball Champion!
    Interesting.. Loved the area myself when I visited a few years ago, never knew there were many muslims around to be honest..

It seems to be a bit of a NIMBY issue, as is often the case in my experiences, people get very uptight and condemn others as racists when a situation like this arises, but they sing the same tune when muslims and black people set up shop in their suburbs.

Also, if they are so intent on segregation, wouldn't the establishment of a muslim school be a good thing? These kids have to go somewhere, and if this school wasn't built they would end up in the mainstream white schools.. Which would probably make these residents even more irate..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

The other thing, of course, is if (and who knows?) the Council did knock it back on planning grounds, the decision is now so tainted by these red necks that it automatically looks like it was race-based.
    ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    The other thing, of course, is if (and who knows?) the Council did knock it back on planning grounds, the decision is now so tainted by these red necks that it automatically looks like it was race-based.
    ****s.
    Interview with mayor today saying that if anyone else applies for the site then it will also probably be knocked back, and that the Islamic school is welcome to apply for construction on any of the 60 sites in the town actually specially put aside for educational facilities.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "Why hasn't anyone got any guts? They've got terrorists amongst 'em... They want to be here so they can go and hide in all the farm houses... This town has every nationality... but Muslims do not fit in this town. We are Aussies, OK."
    i am in no way supporting any of them .....but i think the use of the words in bold
    came out of the fact that there are people who give importance to religion over country.....which is a big no no for me......
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    i am in no way supporting any of them .....but i think the use of the words in bold
    came out of the fact that there are people who give importance to religion over country.....which is a big no no for me......
    BI, I take your point on that, but in this case I don't think you're right.

Sadly I think, from having grown up in Australia, that these people speak purely from bigotry. Put simply, I don't believe these people are smart enough to even make that differentiation in their own monds, let alone to put the point which you raise in anything like an articulate way.

In the 80s, when I was in my teens, the same sort of bigotry was present agaisnt Asian immigrants. As a caucasian, I sadly admit to holding a number of prejudices myself back then. Fortunately I like to think I grew out of them.

In the 40s, 50s and 60s there was a fairly big anti-Italian and Greek immigrant bias, though I don't know that it presented itself in ways like this instance. Back then it seemed to be more like calling them "wogs", "dagos" etc.

Thing is though, if you look through Australian society, you see the names of people in all sorts of endeavours from all of these backgrounds, and eventually it will be the same with those people form the Mid East, or those of Islamic faith.

Unfortunately, a lot of people can't or won't bare that in mind.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    BI, I take your point on that, but in this case I don't think you're right.

Sadly I think, from having grown up in Australia, that these people speak purely from bigotry. Put simply, I don't believe these people are smart enough to even make that differentiation in their own monds, let alone to put the point which you raise in anything like an articulate way.

In the 80s, when I was in my teens, the same sort of bigotry was present agaisnt Asian immigrants. As a caucasian, I sadly admit to holding a number of prejudices myself back then. Fortunately I like to think I grew out of them.

In the 40s, 50s and 60s there was a fairly big anti-Italian and Greek immigrant bias, though I don't know that it presented itself in ways like this instance. Back then it seemed to be more like calling them "wogs", "dagos" etc.

Thing is though, if you look through Australian society, you see the names of people in all sorts of endeavours from all of these backgrounds, and eventually it will be the same with those people form the Mid East, or those of Islamic faith.

Unfortunately, a lot of people can't or won't bare that in mind.
    Agree with you...and i did mention i am not sure wether they are meaning what i think
    Last edited by biased indian; 28-05-2008 at 12:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information