Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** CM team Match Thread

**Official** CM team Match Thread

ok fellas. this is where i'll post the matches that i will play. and reports screenshots etc.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Just to let you know that i'll be writing the match reports for Team CW.
    orz

Originally posted by Papa Shango
    Just to let you know that i'll be writing the match reports for Team CW.
    yep that's rite

Cricket Web vs. Chelsea- Friendly,17th July 2001

Slats4Ever Cudicini
    Lucky Eddie (C) Stanic (C) :O
    Age_Master Gronkjaer
    PY Gallas Rik Terry
    Papa Shango Desailly
    Bugssy Lampard
    Broncoman Zola
    Cloete Gudjohnsen
    Mr.Mxyzptik Hasselbaink
    Marc71178 VS. Petit

26190 people crammed into Cricket Web Stadium to see the newly created Conference Team who had the audacity to challenge Chelsea to a confrontation.Ranieri's team got off the bus following the short trip from West London with a smirk on his face expecting some real comeback to fitness for his side hoping to challenge for the premiership crown.In the home team's dressing room however,the mood was different,there was optimism and uncertainty all thrown together to form one silent mess.But every player knew deep inside that they wouldn't give up,they wouldn't give in....it was time to shut up and fight,it was Showtime!This was no friendly,it was a launchpad.By the time this night was over,the team would know whether they would wipe the floor with the conference or have to fight till their last breath.

Amongst those in attendence were Russel Crowe and Hugh Grant who came to check on their lookalike and Laetitia Casta who came to see whether the guy who was obsessed with her would be famous or not.All of them roared when the two teams came out through the tunnel.

Tony Carter was the referee for this one and he blew the whistle as Chelsea started off briskly,with an attacking manner.In the third minute Petit got past Cloete and unleashed a fierce shot which was held well by Slats4ever who got an early touch.He was called upon almost immediately as Hasselbaink headed a Zola cross for Slats to tip it wide.It was a corner and things were looking ominous for CW.But Zola wasted and it was PS with the header away.After an anxious start,CW started getting in the groove and in the 15th minute,they had the perfect counter attack.Age_master cleared the ball which was picked up by Bugssy in the centre Circle.He decided to carry on running and turned nicely to avoid Petit.Seeing PS wide open on the left however he set him free.PS charged down the byline and swung in a cross from the left which found Cloete wide open and he,without hesitation drove it in low.The stadium erupted and Ranieri's glasses fell to the ground as Cloete charged down to the touchline kissing his ring finger (as there was no ring on it )the whole team including Slats4ever came running and jumped on him...They could not believe it,they had just opened the scoring against Chelsea!Was this to be Dream Team 2??The dream was almost shatted the very next minute but Gudjohnsen headed wide.In the 32nd minute,PS fed the ball to Mr.M who put in a cross to Bugssy who just headed over.In the 43rd minute,disaster struck as Gudjohnsen fed Zola who with a perfect finish levelled the score at 1-1.Cloete was bored just before half time so he struck a shot from way out which cannoned back of the Cross-bar.Lucky or Unlucky??? You decide.

Half-Time

Some substitutions were being made as Nibblet came on for Mr.M,Marc came off for Paid and Ghetto Smurf replaced Broncoman.Marc showed signs of dissent but cheered up as soon as Ajit the coach handed him some beer.

53rd Minute : Chelsea Double Substitution.Babayaro replaced Gronkjaer and Gudjohnsen left the field to be replaced by Forssell

In the same minute,Cudicini was forced to make a save of Bugssy.

59th Minute : Long range effort by Cloete,High and wide.3 minutes later,LE rose above everyone and headed a corner only for Cudicini to push it away.In the 70th minute a great Hasselbaink run culminated in a beautiful volley by Forssell sailing into the topcorner of the net.2-1!CW had to do something fast.In the 78th minute PY found Bugssy open in the area.He shot,he scored and he raced down to the corner flag only to find the Asst.Referee staring into his eyes,hand holding the flag up.Bugssy was offside!5 Minutes later,however,the flag stayed down as Cloete charged past Ferrer and scored!The scores were level!Cloete playing at A-Mid was making runs forward unnoticed!

Tony Carter blew the whistle to signal the end of the match.It was 2-2,the CW fans were all talk,One fan said " If we held a top 5 Premiership opposition,God knows what we'll do to conference teams!The locker rooms were contrasting places as there was huge celebration in the CW dressing room and they would party all through the night.For Ranieri and Chelsea however,it was the short yet long trip to Stamford Bridge where Ken Bates would be awaiting their arrival.....

Top Performers :

Cloete 9 - 2 Goals
    Cudicini 9
    Babayaro 9
    Papa Shango 9 - 1 Assist
    Forssell 8 - 1 goal

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    2-2 with chelsea, its not going to be much of a challenge then is it, wait till our players are going so well, man utd will want us, u reject, we become unhappy and start performing badly.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Papa Shango
    Marc showed signs of dissent but cheered up as soon as Ajit the coach handed him some beer.
    *hic* Cheers AA!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    Wow...I wasn't even mentioned all match. Signs of a good defender :P
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

here's the ratings for that match btw
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    cant wait to get a go
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web vs. Ipswich Town - Friendly,22'nd July 2001

Cricket Web
    Langeveldt
    Lord
    Neil Pickup
    Thomas Aquinas
    Umpire Money
    GhettoSmurf
    Papa Shango
    Broncoman
    Bugssy (C)
    Paid The Umpire
    Blewy

Ipswich Town
    Sereni
    Croft
    Clapham
    Gaardsoe
    Venus (C)
    Finidi
    Nicholls
    Armstrong
    Pablo
    Wright

Attendance : 44977
    Referee : Paul Rejer

Goals :

41'st minute
    Bugssy cleared from defense,Blewy picked it up,strolled through the defense and scored! 1-0!!

53'rd minute
    Papa Shango (Assist God ) blazed his trail through the wings and crossed to Nibblet who nodded it in. 2-0!!!

Final Score : 2 - 0

Notes : Ipswich attacked and attacked well right through the game but were time and again denied by Langeveldt who has cemented his place in the first team barring an even better performance by Ryan.Which brings me to...

Clean Sheet : Langeveldt
    MOM : Langeveldt

Here are the ratings for this match.

Heres where you can check in detail about your perfomance,Tackles,passes,shots etc.

PY
    I'm happy with a steady 8 in the first match, but didn't have much to do in second so hope I get another run out..... (not pressuring you at all :P)
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I think I've cemented my place at the back with the key defensive role in the win over Ipswich

(Nothing like today in PE, eh Pete? )
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    ***disappointed at not being a first team regular***

Rik
    Hmmm...I thought I had a rather solid game against Chelsea. Oh well

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information