Page 90 of 206 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3080
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Just bought Dragon Age for $50, don't like many Bioware games so you guys better be right.
    It is very Bioware (if you know what I mean), especially wrt dialogue trees and interactions between characters.

Valkyria Chronicles is fun but not sure how much you'll like it, Anime Strategy RPGs don't strike me as your thing.
    Yeah, it's not but will keep an open mind.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Also, may as well treat this as the video games thread, am taking a long train journey in afew days time, am looking for a good game to pick up for the DS to help pass the time, would prefer an RPG. Any suggestions?
    Chrono Trigger if you've never played it, one of the best RPG's of all time and the DS version is very nice. Basically just a port with a few things added on which is good because ****ing with it too much would have ruined everything that was great about it. Either of the FFIII or IV remakes could do the job as well, IV probably the better choice out of the two but both pretty good. If you can get a copy of it, The World Ends With You is supposed to be pretty awesome but have never played it so I'm just going off hearsay.

He has FF3 remake I think. I don't think it's particularly good personally, but to each their own. TWEWY is something sledger would like, very very weeaboo and has a J-Pop soundtrack as well, it does get pretty repetitive later in the game though.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

The wheel of GT5 is not steering. Is defective in all probability. Sucks. Can't exchange it now as transporting cost would be equal to 50-70% of buying a new wheel.

The controllers work fine for GT5, so buying the wheels were probably a mistake.

Any way, I am not going to let it spoil my fun of playing PS3.

EDIT - Wheel working perfectly now. I didn't plug in an adapter. All is doing great.
    Last edited by Pratters; 28-12-2009 at 03:07 AM.

NBA 2k10 is so addictive. And I have just looked at my player which is just amazing. My plan is to play association with the heat for around 2-3 months at least, then try out my player. I don't think I will stop playing this game for ages.

Also, I have bought other games which are -

Uncharted 2
    Assasins Creed 2
    Batman - Arkham Asylum
    FIFA 10
    GT Prologue 5

GT is pretty easy and I don't like car racing games (or purely shooting games for that matter). Fifa 10 is supposed to be awesome but I don't think I will play it for a long, long time. I really want to try out Uncharted (was awesome, the little which I played it), Assassins Creed and Batman. I don't think I will buying another game for at least 1-2 years.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    He has FF3 remake I think. I don't think it's particularly good personally, but to each their own. TWEWY is something sledger would like, very very weeaboo and has a J-Pop soundtrack as well, it does get pretty repetitive later in the game though.
    Haha you know me too well. I do have the FF3 remake, and while I don't mind it I wouldn't say it was particularly good either. IV is one with a proper storyline and not a job based one though iirc? Might have a punt on that if I can find it cheaply enough.

TWEWY looks intruiging, and despite like you say it has a lot that normally appeals to me, something about the look of the gameplay puts me off a bit, so we'll see about that one.

I am finding managing the association mode too tough. There are so many options and features! Any tips?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Downloaded the Demo of Bayonetta and played it through a few times over the last day or so. Not bad, looks very cool, and is a lot of fun, not enough to interest me to buy it though, not really my thing.

Is anyone else looking forward to Darksiders? Looks like it could be an epic game. All the reviews I've read of it so far are raving over it too.
    ďAnd God came down from the heavens, and he said unto the chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road."And the chicken crossed the road. And the people rejoiced, all across the land.

Australia's Only FairDinkum News Site - www.xenoxnews.com
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    NBA 2k10 is so addictive. And I have just looked at my player which is just amazing. My plan is to play association with the heat for around 2-3 months at least, then try out my player. I don't think I will stop playing this game for ages.

Also, I have bought other games which are -

Uncharted 2
    Assasins Creed 2
    Batman - Arkham Asylum
    FIFA 10
    GT Prologue 5

GT is pretty easy and I don't like car racing games (or purely shooting games for that matter). Fifa 10 is supposed to be awesome but I don't think I will play it for a long, long time. I really want to try out Uncharted (was awesome, the little which I played it), Assassins Creed and Batman. I don't think I will buying another game for at least 1-2 years.
    A couple of things. Prologue is just a teaser to what the real GT5 will be. It's just a money making scheme from Sony to make people too desperate to wait for the full game spend their money on something (and hey they've sold 4 million copies worldwide so it works). I would've waited it out till March for the big one imo.

2k is meant to be hard and Association is probably the most involved mode in the entire game. You need to understand team needs, player roles and suitability for them, distribution of minutes to get team chemistry up and then you need to make sure all that is congruent to the coach you have and the system you play.

There are a lot of boxes you need to check to get your sim tactics right and playing all the actual games is no easy thing either as since it's sim you need to understand basketball and how to excecute on both ends of the floor to beat teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Hunter View Post
    Is anyone else looking forward to Darksiders? Looks like it could be an epic game. All the reviews I've read of it so far are raving over it too.
    My problem with this seems to be how short the game is going to be (16-20 hours apparently) and after games like ME and DAO I really only want to spend my money on longer games.

Played the Dante's Inferno demo though and was blown away. One of the most fun ones I've ever played and has probably sold me the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    My problem with this seems to be how short the game is going to be (16-20 hours apparently) and after games like ME and DAO I really only want to spend my money on longer games.
    I spose it comes down to what you compare it with. As a MW fan, that suggested game time seems like ages to me

Went out and bought FIFA 10 and Uncharted 2 this morning, FIFA is brilliant, far better than my previous incarnation of FIFA 07 on the PC. Bought Uncharted 2 on a friend's recommendation, apparently it's absolutely brilliant?
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

"This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

Quote Originally Posted by cameeel View Post
    Bought Uncharted 2 on a friend's recommendation, apparently it's absolutely brilliant?
    Yeah, GOTY, but would play Uncharted 1 first, esp at half the price. Not essential though.

Thread Information