Page 57 of 204 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

There's thousands of RPG's on the DS, some of the better ones:

Valyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (shortish though, value is in repeated playthroughs)
    Suikoden Tierkreis
    Chrono Trigger (obv.)
    Dragon Quest IV: Chapter of the Chosen
    Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (really really fun)
    The World Ends With You

There's a lot of remakes of SNES-era games (Ys 1 & 2, FFIII, FFIV etc)
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Solid lineup, have had a go at Zelda, heaps of fun and some of the puzzles are damn hard to figure out. all have 30+ hours though? Didn't expect that.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Whatever little I played of TWEWY was frickin' sweet.

In other news, I changed my sig shot to Jermaine O'neal's (What's the grammar protocol there? ) and it's now raining threes.
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Solid lineup, have had a go at Zelda, heaps of fun and some of the puzzles are damn hard to figure out. all have 30+ hours though? Didn't expect that.
    Zelda doesn't, in fairness. And FFTA2 probably doesn't either by definition because the whole game is consecutive sidequests as opposed to a solid single path story, but yes, the rest do.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    This news may see me buy a DS sometime in (distant) future, my main experience with it was through the ex, such games as Sims and other kid games seemed to be the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Whatever little I played of TWEWY was frickin' sweet.

In other news, I changed my sig shot to Jermaine O'neal's (What's the grammar protocol there? ) and it's now raining threes.
    I still can't find a shot that suits me, I used to kill with T-Mac's in 2k9 but now they've changed it so I can't hit it as well. Might try Jermaine's.

Also: Bought TWEWY a while back for 20 bucks, it's fun but can get tedious as very little changes and a lot of the game is based on annoying weeaboo **** like fashion trends etc. Very fun battle system though.

My jumper is pure wetness when I use JRsus' stroke. AI probably has the easiest one to pull off from the stripe though. Nice pace to it and it's very clear from behind when release is about to happen.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    This news may see me buy a DS sometime in (distant) future, my main experience with it was through the ex, such games as Sims and other kid games seemed to be the norm.
    Proud owner of a DS and PSP, DS doesn't just have kiddie games although there are a lot of them. COD4 on the DS is surprisingly good and GTA: CTW is fantastic. Can't go wrong with the various Mario's and the DS is worth it if you're into Japanese RPG's alone.

My take: DS and PSP have just as many gun games as each other but PSP quality drops off sharply after that. PSP has some awesome homebrew stuff which makes use of it's tops hardware, though.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Matt how did you allocate SPECIAL points at the start of Fallout 3? Went for high intelligence and agility but not so sure.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Pfft, 30 hours, I've clocked 400+ on CoD 4.

Very tempted to get Dragon Age. Huge fan of BGII.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Went for pretty balanced, slightly higher strength. Perception seems unimportant but is actually important in terms of detecting enemies before they hit you. Luck is another that I took less of but which actually helps a bit. Ultimately, you accumulated plenty of perks and power ups so don't get too bent out of shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I still can't find a shot that suits me, I used to kill with T-Mac's in 2k9 but now they've changed it so I can't hit it as well. Might try Jermaine's.

Also: Bought TWEWY a while back for 20 bucks, it's fun but can get tedious as very little changes and a lot of the game is based on annoying weeaboo **** like fashion trends etc. Very fun battle system though.
    The ones I found easiest to score with in 2k9 were Peja's and Kapono's. I tried both, but they're pants in 2k10.

I've had four straight 35+ games after changing to JO's shot. And that's coming off the bench, and getting about 20 minutes a game (8min quarters). Upgrading my ball control and consistency stats to 80 was probably the best decision I made.

The second game of that stretch, I murdered the Wizards with 51 points. I hit six straight threes in the third when I was fresh, and my three point skill is only 70. I'd upgrade it, but it's stupidly expensive for a scorer PG. It's already at 970 SP.

I didn't play much of TWEWY tbh, hitting combos with a keyboard and mouse wasn't exactly fun, so I quit around the part where they had to find a stagehand who sabotaged a show or something of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    My jumper is pure wetness when I use JRsus' stroke. AI probably has the easiest one to pull off from the stripe though. Nice pace to it and it's very clear from behind when release is about to happen.
    I use the standard Bent Elbow routine for the stripe. BTW, have you guys noticed the ridiculous drop in frame-rate for the first freethrow? I have to hold and release a lot quicker than I have to for the second or third ones.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Proud owner of a DS and PSP
    Pfft proud owner a DS, PSP, Wii, 360 and PS3. Just need to invent something to slow the hours down in the day.

Bought Dragon Age the other day, havent played too far in, but love it. Though like usual, I played the crap out of it, died, last save game was like 10 minutes before, so cbf for a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Finally got picked up by the Thunder, which is great, because they have no depth at SF at all

Played minutes at center against the Kings, thank God they're ****house.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Finally got picked up by the Thunder, which is great, because they have no depth at SF at all

Played minutes at center against the Kings, thank God they're ****house.

Thread Information