Cricket Player Manager
Page 52 of 211 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Pratters, PS3 has Blu Ray and you can watch all the stuff you download off the net on it as well. I use mine as a media centre nearly as much as a game console but it is more expensive.
    The price difference is as good as nonexistent in India. If you buy a 360 here and the extra stuff (Harddrive, wireless) it actually costs more than the PS3.
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    The price difference is as good as nonexistent in India. If you buy a 360 here and the extra stuff (Harddrive, wireless) it actually costs more than the PS3.
    That's the same worldwide. It's a complete marketing myth that the 360 is cheaper, Microsoft are good at it tbf.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Pratters, PS3 has Blu Ray and you can watch all the stuff you download off the net on it as well. I use mine as a media centre nearly as much as a game console but it is more expensive.
    How does it work as a media centre. Explain very precisely please. Also does it play Div X, AVI, MP4 files?
    Last edited by Pratters; 06-11-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Do DVDs have region codes or are they region free? If I buy a PS3 DVD from the US, will I be able to play it on my Indian PS3? Which one should I buy Agent TBY, Indian or US? Give me the dealers etc. please.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    That's the same worldwide. It's a complete marketing myth that the 360 is cheaper, Microsoft are good at it tbf.
    Hmm, I assumed that the price difference between the 360 elsewhere and the 360 here had a hand in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    How does it work as a media centre. Explain very precisely please. Also does it play Div X, AVI, MP4 files?
    You can insert a Pendrive or a USB hard-disk and play files off them. And yes, it plays all of those formats. The only container it doesn't natively support is mkv, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Could get Arcade 360 + Forza 3 for $200 form DSE last week. If all you wanted it was for two games and no online I can't see how it'd be more expensive.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

What are the advantages of XBOX over PS3? I watch my movies in Div X, have a Div X player for it which supports my 16 gb pend drive, so don't particularly need a media player per say. I do have 2 500 GB external hard disks which do not play in my Div X player, so that could be a huge advantage if it plays in the PS3.
    Last edited by Pratters; 06-11-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Which PS3 model should I go for and from where should I buy? I can buy from US or UK (my two own brothers live there) or India.
    Last edited by Pratters; 06-11-2009 at 07:10 AM.

Just stick on a USB and play.

All those files work. Just have to format the USB for FAT32 (easy) and put all your vids in a folder called VIDEO and all your music in a folder called MUSIC

Can also stream wireless from your comp but not sure how.

edit: as tby said
    Last edited by pasag; 06-11-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Could get Arcade 360 + Forza 3 for $200 form DSE last week. If all you wanted it was for two games and no online I can't see how it'd be more expensive.
    To get everything equal (ie. chargable controls, wireless internet, etc) it adds to equal at best, if not the 360 more expensive.

Do DVDs have region codes or are they region free? If I buy a PS3 DVD from the US, will I be able to play it on my Indian PS3? Which one should I buy Agent TBY, Indian or US? Give me the dealers etc. please.
    Games are region free so can play games from anywhere but movies are locked (both blu ray and dvd)

DVDs are region-locked, unfortunately. You won't be able to play imported ones.

And get an Indian console. If you get it from Croma showrooms, you can get an extended two-year warranty (a total of three years) for 750 bucks more.

The other option is this. No extended warranty, mind. Just the standard one-year.

However, even if your PS3 dies after the warranty period expires, if you have an Indian PS3, you can get turn it in and get a new one for half the market price at that time.

Which PS3 model should I go for and from where should I buy? I can buy from US or UK (my two own brothers live there) or India.
    Wait till December and get the Slim. Buy Indian.

Games are region free so can play games from anywhere but movies are locked (both blu ray and dvd)
    Most Blurays are region free now, tbf.

This is a little off topic but how do I format my external hard disk to fat 32? Right clicking memory and then chosing the format option just gives me NTFS formating for my Seagate 500 GB external hard disks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    DVDs are region-locked, unfortunately.
    So are games locked or not?

Thread Information