Page 3 of 206 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Bit of a stretch to say that the PS3 caters to hardcore gamers, especially using FF (I'm assuming that's your obscure) as an example, considering I know many more casual gamers who play it. There's nothing hardcore about playing FF that I can see.
    Haha, no. Was more talking about your .//hack, Xenosaga (though I believe this has been concluded), Shadow Hearts type things. I'm not a ****ing ******, and would appreciate you don't try to lecture me on gaming. Bye.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Haha, no. Was more talking about your .//hack, Xenosaga (though I believe this has been concluded), Shadow Hearts type things. I'm not a ****ing ******, and would appreciate you don't try to lecture me on gaming. Bye.
    I take games seriously.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    PC. Consoles are strictly non-hardcore for mine.
    It depends on what you're playing. Basically all you can get for PC is RTS, FPS and wRPG, unless you want to emulate (which I do, actually. Dreamcast (Y)) and then there's MMORPG.

MMORPG is pretty much the devil in my books, WoW is anyway. I played FFXI for a while and enjoyed a little bit of Guild Wars when I played it but never really got into either.

I don't really enjoy FPS. The only FPS I have actually enjoyed in my life were Quake (original), Perfect Dark and strangely enough, Bioshock of recent times. I enjoyed Hexen, Wolfenstein and Doom as a kid, as did everyone really, so I'm not counting them. If you're a big FPS player then there's no doubt a good PC is the way to go. Console FPS is pretty crap if you heavily into it, it's not too bad if you're just bumming around.

RTS is strictly a PC genre and any foray into console based RTS games have been woeful, and rightly so. PC hands down.

I don't really like wRPG's that much, they dominate the PC market though. Elder Scrolls, Fallout & Baldur's Gate among others. Quality games most of them and most of them don't translate well to consoles. Oblivion was especially poor when I played it on PS3, but was much more enjoyable on PC.

I'd personally say that hardcore gamers use both PC and Console anyway, emulation is a massive part of PC gaming for mine and I enjoy it the most about PC gaming. That's mainly more due to the fact that I don't really enjoy the most prominent genre's on the PC.

Whoa, pretty sure this reaction is completely uncalled for, was just voicing my opinion, never accused you of being a ******, hence my qualifying assumption. Failing to see where I lectured you, just brought up a point which I thought was valid. Disappointed tbh. Still love you though.

It depends on what you're playing. Basically all you can get for PC is RTS, FPS and wRPG, unless you want to emulate (which I do, actually. Dreamcast (Y)) and then there's MMORPG.

MMORPG is pretty much the devil in my books, WoW is anyway. I played FFXI for a while and enjoyed a little bit of Guild Wars when I played it but never really got into either.

I don't really enjoy FPS. The only FPS I have actually enjoyed in my life were Quake (original), Perfect Dark and strangely enough, Bioshock of recent times. I enjoyed Hexen, Wolfenstein and Doom as a kid, as did everyone really, so I'm not counting them. If you're a big FPS player then there's no doubt a good PC is the way to go. Console FPS is pretty crap if you heavily into it, it's not too bad if you're just bumming around.

RTS is strictly a PC genre and any foray into console based RTS games have been woeful, and rightly so. PC hands down.

I don't really like wRPG's that much, they dominate the PC market though. Elder Scrolls, Fallout & Baldur's Gate among others. Quality games most of them and most of them don't translate well to consoles. Oblivion was especially poor when I played it on PS3, but was much more enjoyable on PC.

I'd personally say that hardcore gamers use both PC and Console anyway, emulation is a massive part of PC gaming for mine and I enjoy it the most about PC gaming. That's mainly more due to the fact that I don't really enjoy the most prominent genre's on the PC.
    Agree that MMORPGs are the Devil, and have never been able to get into any. Sadly, I know many who do/did/will do again when the next WoW expansion comes online.

Certainly FPS is better on your PC, I do play CoD4, although I wouldn't say I've ever heavily been into the FPS genre.

RTS I used to love, haven't played a good one for many years now. Well, that's not fair, haven't played one I've enjoyed for many years, last would've been Age of Mythology. SupCom was disappointing IMO, TA so much better.

As for wRPGs, well, some I've enjoyed immensely, such as all the Baldur's Gates, but never enjoyed Oblivion/Morrowind. Fallout was good, but I got into that too late. My problem with any RPG out at the moment on whatever platform, is that they're cRPGs more than actual RPGs. P&P FTW.

The PC also has better TBS IMO, HoMM!!! Warlords III, AoW, etc etc, also for the grognards, all those hex based WWII sims, like Panzer Generals, The Ardennes Offensive, and various others I'm sure. Close Combat is a TBS players RTS, and also awesome, incidentally.

I, personally, have never played a console in any really hardcore way, so I struggle to see others doing it, which is of course just my opinion. Really hate having to clarify that, incidentally. My genres fit the PC a lot better, although I will maintain that playing 4 player Console madness beats a 4 player LAN, and find consoles much more fun for those situations.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I'll always game on my PC, though I do have a PS2.

The main reason being that I can update the hardware and stuff whenever anything becomes too slow or crap.

Also, the Age of Mythology/Empires series are pretty crap on consoles, and as I spend about half my life on AOM/Titans, then it makes sense to have a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Flexi-Combat Champion! Tournaments Won: 1
    I've been thinking of getting a Xbox360 or PS3.

PS3 big selling points for me in MGS4, FF and GT and I can use my keyboard/mouse on it so I can play RTS

Oh and Devil May Cry is on both....
    No'ones gonna take me alive
    The time has come to make things right
    You and I must fight for our rights
    You and I must fight to survive

New Zealand Cricket Supporter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I have a PS3. Love it! Absolutely love it! The Blu Ray player is fantastic. Watching Die Hard 4 the other weekend was something else.

Have no problem with the online play and although I can only afford 2 games atm love the graphics and gameplay the PS3 offers.

Although a friend bought a Wii on the weekend, and it is heaps of fun. Loved playing some or those games.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

I'm getting my PS3 on wed or thurs with either GTA4 OR MGS4

cpr
    Bit of a toss up myself here tbh, PS3 does look nice from when i've played on one, though most of my mates have the 360, and GTA online is just too tempting. Plus i'm more used to the 360 controller now after getting one for the PC.

Not too fussed about a blue ray player ATM, because when i move i wont have a HD TV (have an old cheap 32" widescreen that'll do fine)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Bit of a toss up myself here tbh, PS3 does look nice from when i've played on one, though most of my mates have the 360, and GTA online is just too tempting. Plus i'm more used to the 360 controller now after getting one for the PC.

Not too fussed about a blue ray player ATM, because when i move i wont have a HD TV (have an old cheap 32" widescreen that'll do fine)
    I was gonna go Xbox but then I seen Red Alert 3 is coming to PS3 and you can use a keyboard/mouse.... WIN

Pinball Champion!
    Selling my PS3 for 250 (not including delivery).. Mint condition.. Let me know if you are interested..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Selling my PS3 for 250 (not including delivery).. Mint condition.. Let me know if you are interested..
    Hah, The shipping would kill me

I can get a new one with Metal Gear Solid 4 for 800. (300 Pounds)

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Wii for sure.

Dragonball Z is the best game on it that i have played...wii sports and mario kart also high calibre...want to get a ps3/ 360/decent computer but being a poor student i'll have to wait until i enter the real world
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Does Wii have 'Smash Brothers'? If so, going to get one on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Does Wii have 'Smash Brothers'? If so, going to get one on the weekend.
    yes it does

Page 3 of 206 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information