Cricket Player Manager
Page 22 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    We need to set up a PSN sharing team, imo. Each store purchase can be downloaded onto five consoles, and it's all legal.
    Nice, how do we do this?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    FAO: DUFFAH

Is Madden 10 enough of a step up from the earlier versions to make it worthwhile? Is reduced by about 15 in the stores in town at the moment, so thought about buying it today, but got the last minute jitters and thought I had better save the money...your thoughts?
    It's a roster update for the most part. Been collecting a fair bit of dust too recently. Just have better games to play as a guy who isn't really a gridiron nut. If it's dirt cheap then why not, but if I had my time over I'd have gotten it later. Probably trade it in while it's still newish is what I'm considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Nice, how do we do this?
    This tutorial will tell you how to share PSN games with other people, bought or free

For the "sender":

1. Purchase and download a game from the Playstation Store
    2. Go to account management for the account and delete the billing information from your personal information if the PS3 saved your credit card info
    3. Change your password temporarily for the share
    4. Give login info (email address and password) to the receiver
    5. When the share is completed, change the password

For the "receiver":

1. In the PS3 XMB menu, add a new user account on your PS3 and sign in to it
    2. Select the network on the XMB and create an existing Playstation Network account
    3. Use the login information given from the "sender" to create the existing account
    4. Login into the account
    5. Enter into the Playstation store
    6. Click on "Download List" on the upper right near the person's userID and select the game you wish to download and hit download
    7. After game is downloaded, notify the "sender" that the download is complete so they can change the password to the account
    8. Enjoy!

Q/A:

Q: Should I worry about misuse for my account?
    A: If you taken the steps to delete your credit card/billing information and changed your password temporary, it should be safe. If you're paranoid about someone stealing your account, only share with people that you really, really trust

Q: Can't I just make a sub-account and use that to share the games?
    A: Not sure if this is allowed, but someone could try and report the results

Q: I just received the game from the sender and the game won't play, help!
    A: In order to play the game on your PS3, the game must be activated AND the user account that was used to download the game must stay on your PS3. For example, say you created user account "User1" on your local Playstation 3 and you downloaded a full version of Lemmings. After you download the game, you MUST keep "User1" on your Playstation 3 in order for the game to run on your PS3. If you somehow delete the user account, you must relogin with the sender's account and redownload the game. If the game is still on your HDD, simply redownload then cancel to re-authorize the game.

Q: Do I have to login with the sender's account to play the game?
    A: No, it just needs to be authorized on your PS3. You can play the game using your account thereafter. Just do not delete the user account as mentioned above or else the game will be locked out.

Q: I'm trying to download the game from the Playstation store but it is not appearing in the store. Where is it?
    A: Games that are purchased disappear from the store. You have to download the game going through the "Download List" screen on the upper right of the Playstation Store.

Q: How many times can I share a game?
    A: The store says you can share up to 5 different Playstation 3's.
    So yeah, we probably need to set up one account that everyone will keep on their Triples, and take turns buying stuff we want (decided by vote, or something).

For example, if you followed the steps and let us into your USPSN ID, four of us would be able to download the Draft Combine right now. Next time something rolls around that we all want to get, I'll make the transaction using my credit card using that same PSN ID, and the four of you can download it for free.
    orz

in
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

So yeah, we probably need to set up one account that everyone will keep on their Triples, and take turns buying stuff we want (decided by vote, or something).

For example, if you followed the steps and let us into your USPSN ID, four of us would be able to download the Draft Combine right now. Next time something rolls around that we all want to get, I'll make the transaction using my credit card using that same PSN ID, and the four of you can download it for free.
    Cool,when I get home a bit later I'll do all the billing deletion stuff.

EDIT: If I created another US PSN id on my drive and fired up DC on that, would I then be able to distribute through that?
    Last edited by duffer; 26-09-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Cool,when I get home a bit later I'll do all the billing deletion stuff.

EDIT: If I created another US PSN id on my drive and fired up DC on that, would I then be able to distribute through that?
    Nah, needs to be the one you made the transaction with, i.e. the one you actually bought the DC with.

If you really are going to share the DC with us, you may well have to sacrifice that particular ID for the greater cause.

Nah, needs to be the one you made the transaction with, i.e. the one you actually bought the DC with.

If you really are going to share the DC with us, you may well have to sacrifice that particular ID for the greater cause.

Can I change the email associtaed with my PSN id? I actually use the one I set it up with?

EDIT: Loosk like I can and just did. Changed the email, the billing details and all that stuff. So, TBY wants Draft Combine, and I'm assuming np10 and dcye are in on this too?
    Last edited by duffer; 26-09-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Can I change the email associtaed with my PSN id? I actually use the one I set it up with?
    Hah wow, looks like you managed to do it. If the four of us go for it, that's like 1.25 a person. You can get a Coke 2l bottle for that much.

EDIT: You on MSN? Probably best not to disclose the a/c details in the open.
    Last edited by Agent TBY; 26-09-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Yep, add me on msn. au underscore saik at hotmail dot com. I'll pass over the stuff.

Wonder if 360 has something like this. Would be killer.

Doubt it. It's M$, after all.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I am SO in!

Was just wondering this myself. Have the ME DLC I wouldn't mind sharing.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Radec, wac.

Finally finished the last level of Killzone, died 52 times ffs.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    died 52 times ffs.
    Never played the game but

Finished Arkham Asylum just now. What an immense game. Again, much praise for the Scarecrow sequences, really made the game for me. Did more than half of Riddler's challenges, might go back and do the rest.

I'll probably also download the DLC for the game, in which you can apparently play as the joker. Tried this yet TBY?

Flexi-Combat Champion! Tournaments Won: 1
    For nightprowler I don't think the 360 does

Also I'd be in for the game sharing
    I have:

Pixel Junk Monsters
    Lemmings
    SuperStarDust HD
    Fat Princess
    Final Fantasy 7
    Elefunk
    Rag Doll Kung Fu (US Store)
    No'ones gonna take me alive
    The time has come to make things right
    You and I must fight for our rights
    You and I must fight to survive

New Zealand Cricket Supporter

Flexi-Combat Champion! Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Radec, wac.

Finally finished the last level of Killzone, died 52 times ffs.
    Love how it's all set for another game

Thread Information