Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

I'd choose the 360, if your going live. It costs, but is not as laggy (slow)

Or the PS3 is free, but exetremely laggy I here.
    C-X_Moss@hotmail.com

Winner of the Inzamam Award!

Unproud Member of Twenty20 is boring society

Xbox 360 Gamertag - Le Midge

Legspinner, and Right Hand Bat

Pinball Champion!
    Just got a PS3 today, pretty satisfied with it, especially when we get some more games like GT5 out.. Never played anything so quiet, and don't have to worry about any "rings of death" as well as the Xbox controller which I find so clunky and annoying..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Should get outside and enjoy the fresh air, imo.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Should get outside and enjoy the fresh air, imo.
    Aye.

Have to get one of these or a Nintendo Wii (if that's what it's called) for the kids at the end of the year. As the kids are 6, what do you guys reckon I should get out of the 3 of them?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

cpr
    Go for a Wii, definately, especially for kids that young. There not exactly going to be crying to play GTA or Gran Turismo, so no care for the big titles. Found Nintendo do better at titles aiming for younger audiences (noticed that when looking for half decent DS games). Also the active nature of the Wii makes it not only better for the kids, but more attention grabbing. Rather than sucking them into a world of lifeless sitting on the sofa, it'll get them (and lets face it, you) jumping around the room trying to hit an imaginary tennis balls or win races with Mario/Sonic/Other deformed animal.

This advert, sadly, wasnt paid for by Nintendo. Damn.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Thanks mate .

Love the avatar btw.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    360 is the way to go
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron-Moss View Post
    I'd choose the 360, if your going live. It costs, but is not as laggy (slow)

Or the PS3 is free, but exetremely laggy I here.
    I've used both online (GH3 on both PS3 and 360, as well as multiple other games from both consoles including Resistance and Halo 3.) and there was no difference in speed of play. Both times I was using the same connection, though admittedly we do have a ADSL2+ connection so it's goes at quite a rate.

XBL is good but as you said, it does cost, and whilst it may not seem to expensive it does add up quickly if you want to get a few things. The PS3 online is free and seems to run well, plus it has better downloadable content IMO, with things like PS1 ISO's and such to play on your PS3, which is cool.

If you enjoy console shooting games then the 360 is definately your best bet. The main thing about the 360 that detracts gamers from the machine, apart from the obvious hardware flaws, is that there are very few exclusive titles. Most of the top selling titles on the 360 are multi-platform (COD, Assassin's Creed and Burnout, for example), obviously there's Halo and now they've got the Devil May Cry series so they're slowly getting better.

The PS3 has more exclusives, but the depth of quality gaming experiences is lacking at the moment. There's not so many must-have titles, and even then, most of the must-have's are the multi-platforms at the moment. The big franchise titles that were supposed to shoot the PS3 to the top like LAIR seem to have flopped. Sony seem to be relying on their big 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13 to save them from their hole at the moment.

It depends on what type of gamer you are. If you're a hardcore gamer who enjoys obscure japanese RPG franchises and the like I'd recommend getting a PS3, if you're just a casual who enjoys playing a round of Halo with his mates and killing hookers in Grand Theft Auto then get a 360.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Haha, such a geek
    "Oh God he's right!"

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Aye.

Have to get one of these or a Nintendo Wii (if that's what it's called) for the kids at the end of the year. As the kids are 6, what do you guys reckon I should get out of the 3 of them?
    Get them a 6 month date with the Army Reserves and an invitation from Harvey Walnut-Turd to toughen the **** up!

Either that or a butterfly catcher.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I'm contemplating getting one of the two sometime later this year, but I really don't know which. Besides the fact that the PS3 is more expensive, but would allow me to use all my PS2 games, I really don't have much to go on, having only played one game on a PS3 (which was a PS2 game), and never having played on a 360. Help me out, guys.
    You can only play a limited number of your PS2 games on PS3(by downloading some softwares) because SONY removed that chip in order to reduce the cost last year.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BhupinderSingh View Post
    You can only play a limited number of your PS2 games on PS3(by downloading some softwares) because SONY removed that chip in order to reduce the cost last year.
    Ah, that's a helpful bit of info. Thanks for that. The 360 is still cheaper anyway, by like 100, so I'm leaning towards that anyway.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Mario Kart Wii atw.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Xbox360 > PS3 as far as online play goes. Sony has never been big on supporting online and I get the feeling they'll be behind Microsoft this time around too. For overall value and graphics its PS3 hands down. Of course this is all based on the experiences of friends not my own as I don't own a PS3 or use XBL as of yet.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    If you're a hardcore gamer
    PC. Consoles are strictly non-hardcore for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    who enjoys obscure japanese RPG franchises
    Bit of a stretch to say that the PS3 caters to hardcore gamers, especially using FF (I'm assuming that's your obscure) as an example, considering I know many more casual gamers who play it. There's nothing hardcore about playing FF that I can see.

360 has Forza.

IMO Forza > GT

Controversy?

If I was to get either system, it'd be a 360, I'll freely admit that I'm biased against the PS though. that said, get a decent PC.

*EDIT* Also, if you're looking for online play.. Get a decent PC.
    *EDIT* The only reason to get a console, imo, is for playing multiplayer when your mates are around. Get a Wii, which'd be my pick, shock horror.
    Last edited by David; 02-05-2008 at 08:41 PM.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information