Page 191 of 205 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3066
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    When was the last time a triple A game got anything but crazy good reviews? Maybe 3-4 weeks after release the more professional reviews may trickle through, as opposed to the endless wave of jubilance from the paid up members of the hype machine.
    Mass Effect 3 was **** upon by all and sundry, mostly for a crap ending to an unbelievably well written story.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 20-12-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    I liked it

So did I. Pretty sure I've had this debate in this thread before, though.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    So did I. Pretty sure I've had this debate in this thread before, though.
    I'm not sure I have voiced my thoughts on it actually...was banned when I played it through iirc.

So far as the ending was concerned, the choices weren't much different in terms of ending presentation. But in terms of storyline, they were drastically different. That said, the ending wasn't particularly remarkable, and could have been better, but I still liked it.

Thought the game itself was a hell of a lot of fun to play through as well.

My biggest gripe is that I felt constantly disadvantaged if I didn't have Vega/Garrus/Ashley in my team. All the other characters had minimal HP and their skills/firepower weren't enough to compensate for it. Doing the Grissom Academy mission on the Insanity difficulty setting with EDI and Liara as teammates is infuriatingly difficult. But it's just one example of how the Biotic/Tech characters were marginalised in favour of the soldier characters.

Expect most people have seen these already...but thought I would post it anyway:

Gamer Poop - Mass Effect 3 - YouTube

Always makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    Mass Effect 3 was **** upon by all and sundry, mostly for a crap ending to an unbelievably well written story.
    Metacritic score of around 90.

The backlash was just fanboy rage. Didn't really affect the mainstream reviews other than the usual posthumous crap that they put out - like ooh maybe the previous game in the series wasn't the best game eva after all, but oh look this new flashy one is, please give us more freebies, exclusives and review copies oh big computer games company.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 20-12-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Banned
    Just finished The Walking Dead game... anyone who hasnt played it, BUY IT NOW, its that good.

Bought Mark of the Ninja too... awesome

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can only get them on Steam in our part of the world. I have no idea about Mac OS, I cannot stand using Macs so I have no experience with them. Play them if you can, my GOTY by a distance.
    Available for iMac, currently discounted by 25% on Steam so am downloading.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Max Payne 3. About as fun as Max Payne 2, but about 100000000000 times more irritating.

So many random set pieces where you end up using a completely different weapon and the one you had vanishes and your 'buddy' is ****ing useless. It ends up being so much trial and error and basically being railroaded into dying regardless because of the lack of painkillers. I used to almost always have a full compliment of painkillers in Max Payne 2. It doesn't seem to know whether it's supposed to be about picking people off with the magic cover objects or charging about guns blazing (which usually results in death as soon as you stop moving side to side, until then you can be almost unhittable)

Actually no the fun level reduces to about zero in the latter areas. Because the paramilitary are ****ing invulnerable most of the time, get up almost ****ing instantly after you've hit them in the head and face half a dozen ****ing times. Every ****ing subsection you have to ****ing do about 10 times to get through and each time you get ****ed over by the ****ing invulnerable ****wits who almost insta-****ing kill you when you pop out to aim from ****ing cover in ****ing slow motion you ****ing start off again with ****ing prank weapons and **** all painkillers. The game actually ****s you over again for getting ****ed over. It is basically designed than once you've been ****ed over you have to get ****ed over again multiple times before they give you one ****ing extra painkiller and slightly more ****ing ammo, but still the same ****ing ****e weapons.

What a ****ing crock of ****.

That's quite an expletive-laden post.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I don't know if there's been any new ones since I downloaded them all, but they were pretty cool. I really liked Leviathan and it explained what the Reapers are and where they came from reasonable well for my tastes.

EDIT: So I just checked, I NEED to play Omega very soon. Just finished the storyline quests in Borderlands and will have to buy the DLC for that as well #nopresentsforanybodyelse
    So I downloaded ALL of the DLCs for Mass Effect 3 and the 'King George' DLC for Assassin's Creed 3. The Leviathan missions were okay, but the pack did provide a nice piece to the reaper puzzle. 'From Ashes' seemed like a waste at first but getting your own Prothean team member is pretty kick ass. Javik does a great job of getting on Liara's nerves. I made a point of taking him to the Thessia mission with me and he did a number on her belief system. Omega was definitely the best out of the three though. That last mission really had me sweating.

As far as AC3 is concerned, I've been in the same boat as Heath regarding the ease of combat and lackluster story line for some time now. That said, the DLC is pretty cool. Basically, George Washington is a bastard as expected, but Connor (obviously not called Connor here) develops a pretty nifty skill where he's able to cloak himself from hiding spot to hiding spot and summon wolves. Creates a much more of a stealth environment that's been missing in this game. Can't wait for episode 2.
    RIP Craigos

ooh ooh tomb raider leaked yay

i mean i can't wait to purchase it legally when it comes out in march

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    First official pictures of the Dualshock 4

Get well soon Yuvi!!

Dat share button...

Thread Information