Page 189 of 205 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3066
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Really? I think it's horrible. You spend far too much time running/riding horses from one side of the map to the other, the main character is dull as a steaming pile of turd and the cityscapes are boring as merry hell as well. Add to that the annoyance of climbing trees - which, whilst a nice idea - it gets pretty stale pretty quickly and, IMO, it's nowhere near as good as any of the AC2 games. Revelations wasn't great, but I enjoyed it more than this.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    That's got to be the most negative thing I may have read about the gameplay. This is the first game where you can fast travel from one point in New York to another point in either Boston, Frontier, or right in front of your hideout. It saves a **** ton of time. You can't cheat on combat anymore and actually have to time your counters, with good use of surrounding objects. Naval warfare was a nice touch. I had reservations about the Frontier, but having spent a few hours doing missions all over the forest its a lot of fun.

I mean I'm sure I'm a little biased because I've been playing it non-stop, but if you take just the gameplay aspect and rate it I'd say they've done a great job here.

Story wise, yeah all bar Revelations were probably better, though as wooden as he is, I actually somewhat liked Connor and his story.

Meanwhile, hearing rumors that Mass Effect 4 is in the making...
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 20-11-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    RIP Craigos

Of course it's in the making. I imagine EA likes money.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

The question they posted on Bioware was prequel or sequel. Torn on which way I'd prefer. As long as the plot and gameplay stay the same I wouldn't be too fussed.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    That's got to be the most negative thing I may have read about the gameplay. This is the first game where you can fast travel from one point in New York to another point in either Boston, Frontier, or right in front of your hideout. It saves a **** ton of time. You can't cheat on combat anymore and actually have to time your counters, with good use of surrounding objects. Naval warfare was a nice touch. I had reservations about the Frontier, but having spent a few hours doing missions all over the forest its a lot of fun.
    Really? I've found it a lot easier to get long kill streaks on AC3 than any of the AC2 games. And then, for some reason, on occasions in combat it breaks into a zoomed-in cinematic where Connor starts randomly killing all of the soldiers without me doing anything to contribute to it. I'm guessing when this happens, I've done something good to cause it, but at no point has it explained to me what I've done.

Then there's the EXTREMELY clunky trading thing that you can do from the Homestead. I quite like the fact you can assemble townsfolk and turn the homestead into a Dirty Dozen style encampment, but the trading is entirely pointless. I've racked up thousands of dollars without using heavily using the trading mechanism as every time I've used it I've made $50 profits and then had to go and bloody defend the wagon to make this paltry profit.

I'd rate the game a 5 or 6 out of 10. I probably would have given up on it if I hadn't enjoyed the AC2 series so much.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Sounds like Heath plays all his games with the difficulty set to "easy"
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    The question they posted on Bioware was prequel or sequel. Torn on which way I'd prefer. As long as the plot and gameplay stay the same I wouldn't be too fussed.
    I'd prefer prequel I think. Sequel would ruin the ending for me, as the path you chose at the end changed the direction of the whole galaxy. Unless they planned on making three separate games in one they'd have to choose a "correct" ending for the way ME3 ended and I wouldn't like that. As long as the prequel isn't Shepard based I'd be all for it.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Big fan of Lemmings.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I'd prefer prequel I think. Sequel would ruin the ending for me, as the path you chose at the end changed the direction of the whole galaxy. Unless they planned on making three separate games in one they'd have to choose a "correct" ending for the way ME3 ended and I wouldn't like that. As long as the prequel isn't Shepard based I'd be all for it.
    Yes and yes and yes

---

So it looks like SOE have completely ****ed up the Planetside 2 release in Aus. Ah well, not like I was paying for it...

EDIT: And give us an option to disable the music, please. It's so ****ing annoying listening to it on a loud loop
    Last edited by Spark; 21-11-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Really? I've found it a lot easier to get long kill streaks on AC3 than any of the AC2 games. And then, for some reason, on occasions in combat it breaks into a zoomed-in cinematic where Connor starts randomly killing all of the soldiers without me doing anything to contribute to it. I'm guessing when this happens, I've done something good to cause it, but at no point has it explained to me what I've done.

Then there's the EXTREMELY clunky trading thing that you can do from the Homestead. I quite like the fact you can assemble townsfolk and turn the homestead into a Dirty Dozen style encampment, but the trading is entirely pointless. I've racked up thousands of dollars without using heavily using the trading mechanism as every time I've used it I've made $50 profits and then had to go and bloody defend the wagon to make this paltry profit.

I'd rate the game a 5 or 6 out of 10. I probably would have given up on it if I hadn't enjoyed the AC2 series so much.
    It isn't random killing. It happens when you counter with multiple guards attacking you at the same time. In AC2 games, only one guard usually attacked you at the same time. You must simply be better at the game than I am because I found kill streaks and combat in general much easier in the AC2 games.

I actually agree with you on the trading aspect, it seems useless, and I'll add that your six assassins-in-training are pretty useless here as well. The previous two games (especially Revelations) made much better use of the trainees. I actually got through the whole main storyline without recruiting anyone besides the French dude.

I think we mostly agree about the story and the characters being lackluster too.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Yeah pretty much this. I wouldn't mind seeing something that involves Anderson and ultimately his mission with Saren, which kick started this whole thing.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    So...GTA V anyone? The switching between the three protagonists sounds cool, hopefully makes missions a bit more hands-on as a result? But surely there's only so may games you can set in the US? Would of loved an African setting - imagine GTA Cape Town.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    If they make a non-USA GTA I'd imagine it would be set in the UK. Second largest market and all. Localised game maps would be so gun though, running over hipster ****s in GTA Auckland, anyone?

Hopefully it is more enjoyable than GTA IV. You are trying to play the game and some NPC is texting you to play bowling, if you donít play bowling, your friendship with him goes down and then he wonít send a taxi to pick you up and gets all needy. That coupled with crap music and a lame protagonist with a depressing story and grating voice made it one of the biggest gaming disappoints of the decade.

I only play it occasionally now to test out the graphic mods and see if it will make my GPU melt. Apparently it hasnít been announced for the PC yet, so Iíll just wait until it is released on mobile in 5 yearsí time.

Finally got round to playing Crysis. Played Crysis 2 on the 360 last year and it was linear ugly and more importantly scripted rubbish but this game and Warhead even if they had Call of Duty graphics are two of the most enjoyable games I have ever played. So much replay value.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    anyone use media streaming from their computer to their 360? Having a **** of a time trying to get it to work.

Thread Information