Page 178 of 205 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3073
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Have you made much/any RL money?
    Nope, just traded in normal gold. You can exchange it over later anyway, I'm only on about 800k at the moment.

I would only really sell stuff in the RL auction house if it was particularly good - like 5+ million and I had a better item already.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Nope, just traded in normal gold. You can exchange it over later anyway, I'm only on about 800k at the moment.

I would only really sell stuff in the RL auction house if it was particularly good - like 5+ million and I had a better item already.
    Ive sold a couple of things for more than 5m gold, while im still playing I think that its more worthwhile to get the gold and upgrade my current items.. Will not use the RMAH until I either have godly gear or decide to quit. I think that if I sold my gear right now I would make back the money I spent on buying the game and some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Ive sold a couple of things for more than 5m gold, while im still playing I think that its more worthwhile to get the gold and upgrade my current items.. Will not use the RMAH until I either have godly gear or decide to quit. I think that if I sold my gear right now I would make back the money I spent on buying the game and some.
    Yep, it's worth reinvesting until you can essentially farm act 4 I guess. Apart from boosting magic find and kill speed it doesn't matter too much from a financial point of view after that.

Yep, it's worth reinvesting until you can essentially farm act 4 I guess. Apart from boosting magic find and kill speed it doesn't matter too much from a financial point of view after that.
    Apparently farming act 4 will never be worthwhile. Not enough Elite packs to make the extra damage reduction worthwhile. That with the drop rates being the same in Act 3 and 4 means act 4 will only be there to clear.

On magic find, have you had a go at farming with a decent amount? Have bought a cheapish (1-2m) set for my barb and can farm Act 1 pretty easily. Probably get 10-20 more rares depending on how much im keen on farming, If i just get 5 stacks before going Halls of pain > Warden >Halls of pain > Butcher then its still a big advantage, but if I do a full run where I kill 10-15 elite packs before going on then I get alot more rares.

Still cant farm act 2 without dying too much, but have spent most of my money lately on trying to get act 3 to the point where I dont die with full gear. Starting to think that the latency is playing too big of a part. I have 1.1k resists, 58k health and 11k defence but I just cant beat a big pack of monsters. Thats all with 15k base dps. Ghom was hard, but ended beating him after changing my skills around, but then I cant kill much when I go out to kill the stupid balista and catapults. Might just rush through and kill azmodan then diablo. Bosses are easy, I shouldnt have much problem with them imo.

Apparently farming act 4 will never be worthwhile. Not enough Elite packs to make the extra damage reduction worthwhile. That with the drop rates being the same in Act 3 and 4 means act 4 will only be there to clear.

On magic find, have you had a go at farming with a decent amount? Have bought a cheapish (1-2m) set for my barb and can farm Act 1 pretty easily. Probably get 10-20 more rares depending on how much im keen on farming, If i just get 5 stacks before going Halls of pain > Warden >Halls of pain > Butcher then its still a big advantage, but if I do a full run where I kill 10-15 elite packs before going on then I get alot more rares.

Still cant farm act 2 without dying too much, but have spent most of my money lately on trying to get act 3 to the point where I dont die with full gear. Starting to think that the latency is playing too big of a part. I have 1.1k resists, 58k health and 11k defence but I just cant beat a big pack of monsters. Thats all with 15k base dps. Ghom was hard, but ended beating him after changing my skills around, but then I cant kill much when I go out to kill the stupid balista and catapults. Might just rush through and kill azmodan then diablo. Bosses are easy, I shouldnt have much problem with them imo.
    Sounds like latency or bad skill combination if you can't farm act 2 without dying too much. I only die if I'm a little bit careless or use my leap/charge really badly, if I find a really hideous combination (which might happen once in about 5-10 long runs), or as I say the strongest of those sand giant types in the shadow part just before you kill Kulle. Might use potions 3-4 times across 20-30 packs. That's with around 50k health and 9k resists and about 8.6k armour, 15k base dps with +25% for max fury. I can play around a bit and get 48k with 1000odd resists or 54k health and 900odd resists. Bought two items for 200k recently that make negligible improvements, I really need to hoard some money and buy 1-2m items instead...

I just played for about 2-3 hours in act 2 now without dying, typically die once or twice. Picked up the square root of sweet FA mind.

Haven't tried going high magic find. My normal gear did give me 101% basic MF and 70% gold. Lost about 20-25% MF since then with upgrades.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 18-07-2012 at 10:56 AM.

I mistyped, i meant to say can not cant. Did two full farm runs in act 2 after that post and didnt die at all and twice I came up against two packs at once which I handled easily.

I really doubt its my skills, have been looking at some items on the market that change my skills around a bit, I was going to buy one buy hit bid instead of buyout. Was probs because of the bourbon. After I buy that I think another 2 or 3 million will push me well above the recommended stats to finish act 3 which should cover for the latency.

I had to change one skill and then I killed him so easily. For Barbarians it seems easy, for me anyway, my LoH had no problem keeping up with the damage. I assume the ranged classes would struggle alot more.

My brother who is a DH who struggles in Act 2 came into the ghom fight the second time and he died pretty early in. The fight took well over 5 minutes for me to tank him in which time his enrage timer would have went off though I never noticed any increase in damage.

I had to change one skill and then I killed him so easily. For Barbarians it seems easy, for me anyway, my LoH had no problem keeping up with the damage. I assume the ranged classes would struggle alot more.

My brother who is a DH who struggles in Act 2 came into the ghom fight the second time and he died pretty early in. The fight took well over 5 minutes for me to tank him in which time his enrage timer would have went off though I never noticed any increase in damage.
    Yea he's been a piece of cake with my barbarian and monk in earlier difficulties and don't see how inferno would make him harder particularly. If you're in trouble you just move out and kill those piss easy jelly things. I hear so many people struggling with him and have no idea why. There are YouTube vids of people beating him with 8k damage.

So, got up to Diablo.... I have no problem until you go into the shadow realm. Then he just messes me up. Might need to rethink my strategy on him.

Yea I heard the second phase is the tough one. Shadow clones and Diablo's teleporting. Seems like there are a few strategies out there that'll work for those.

Catching up on your barb a bit. Could potentially have quite insane health - at 63k including +49% life - but that's with a magic find gem in the helmet. Sticking in a Life +% gem would get me another 6-7k. There are two items left I can upgrade quite easily with a few hundred thousand - it just means sacrificing magic/gold find. Just waiting for a good upgrade instead of a minor one. I can possibly upgrade the ring for half a million or so. I think it's a lot cheaper to stack health/resists than getting life on hit. Obviously I can swap vitality for strength if necessary.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 20-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Can't wait for Act 2 Inferno, Act 1 has been crazy easy so far thanks to free gear #bestfriendsforeverxx
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Oh forgot to ask, have you been on inferno Whimsyshire?
    Yeah, until I ran into an elite pack then never went back in. Act 3 elite packs are really hard, Inferno pony elite packs deadset just drained my health so quick it wasnt funny.

Thread Information