Page 17 of 205 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Uncharted - finding the controls difficult, doesn't help being mildly retarted.
    Yeah the controls can be a bit tough to get used to. Very enjoyable when you do.

I'm in chapter 19 now and it is scary as ****. Very tough too. Literally jumped a couple of times.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 16-09-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    RIP Craigos

Been playing skate a fair bit lately, picked it up for $20 in a bargain bin at JB. Quality game when you get used to the controls, awesome fun just cruising around looking for some sick lines then trying them over and over again until you get it perfect, then saving the replay. Managed to manual the whole double loop, which was sick.

If Borcich ended up buying a PS3 I'll make him get 2K10 for it. He always plays as a 7-footer who can score in the post, so that gives us awesome options. I'm very poor at boxing out for rebounds and **** though, will have to learn some systems.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Also: only just realised what Srizza was talking about re: SO4.

****ING STOKED, CAN'T ****IN' WAIT BRO. Makes my desire to buy a 360 seriously diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Me, Srizza and no10 will probs be going PS3 I'd imagine.
    Yep done. I dld the full combine last night and got to say, anyone who wants to lead a semblance of a "real life" shouldn't be getting 2k10. The combine is insane. Might change my SG to an athletic type though. Like Eric Gordon.

Getting up and down the court and throwing dunks on people is so awesome. Hopefully we can all develop reasonable jumpers along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post

If Borcich ended up buying a PS3 I'll make him get 2K10 for it. He always plays as a 7-footer who can score in the post, so that gives us awesome options. I'm very poor at boxing out for rebounds and **** though, will have to learn some systems.
    I drew up some simple plays that my Sunday team used back in the day and they were pretty effective. Might have another go for our team too.
    Last edited by duffer; 16-09-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Uncharted is awesome. Loved the car chase sequence to bits.

Nah, know plenty of people who've downloaded tons of stuff/made lots of transactions in the US Store, and nothing of the sort has happened to them. It's us Indians' only source of PSN games, demos and other stuff, because we don't have a PSN store.

The court does seem a bit cramped for room, but subtle moves and runs are possible to make. The defending is challenging, but not too tough. Again, the AI players are absolutely crap, so I couldn't test much out. Obviously, the all-stars are going to be nearly ****ing impossible to guard, but if your player's rating is high enough, you could manage.

The game does seem a bit too fast, but it's nothing a change in slider values can't fix.
    The US store craps all over the Aussie one. Wow.

Also, quite like the court spacing and the dfence system. Come full game I reckon it'd be pretty easy to run plays. The new lockdown D is a good idea but needs to be tweaked a bit. Boxing out shouldn't be burning that much energy imo but the concept is excellent.

Thinking about going for gamefly, might be worth it. Not really into buying games outside of sports and all time favorite titles.

Finished UC today. Took me a little over 5 days and I worked 48 hours this week. So a pretty short game but a lot of fun. I really liked the combat, except for in chapter 19 where some of your weapons are pretty much useless. Funny because I think most people rate it highly because of that part of the game when I didn't enjoy it at all. I was mostly relieved when it was over, so I now know how Srizz felt playing Noveria.

This is the only game I've played that was so close to a major hollywood production. Not sure if that's a good thing as I thought there wasn't much depth to the story. That said I'd take it over Tomb Raider any day.

Initial thoughts -

Killzone - hella fun
    Uncharted - finding the controls difficult, doesn't help being mildly retarted.
    Opinions changed on this pretty quickly. Finding Killzone pretty hard to navigate and see what's going on half the time, whilst Uncharted is insanely addictive, can't put it down.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Haha was about thank you for moiging threads.

EDIT: Please tell me you bought AC09.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 17-09-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Haha was about thank you for moiging threads.

EDIT: Please tell me you bought AC09.
    Haha asked for it through report function, first time I've used thing in a long long time.

Ashes 09?

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Finished UC today. Took me a little over 5 days and I worked 48 hours this week. So a pretty short game but a lot of fun. I really liked the combat, except for in chapter 19 where some of your weapons are pretty much useless. Funny because I think most people rate it highly because of that part of the game when I didn't enjoy it at all. I was mostly relieved when it was over, so I now know how Srizz felt playing Noveria.

This is the only game I've played that was so close to a major hollywood production. Not sure if that's a good thing as I thought there wasn't much depth to the story. That said I'd take it over Tomb Raider any day.
    Chapter 19's the "Unwanted Guests" one in the generator room, isn't it? I'm positively fuming right now, like genuinely mad because they didn't ****ing put in autosave checkpoints at each of those lever things that you have to activate in the side rooms. FFS, I must've killed like 2000 of those things already, but I still can't get past the level because one of the last five or so always manages to kill me while I'm picking up some ammo, or reloading or something of the sort. And then I have to kill like a million of them again.

This isn't even a useful raising of the difficulty level, it's just the developers being ****s. So annoying.
    orz

Haha asked for it through report function, first time I've used thing in a long long time.

Ashes 09?
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Chapter 19's the "Unwanted Guests" one in the generator room, isn't it? I'm positively fuming right now, like genuinely mad because they didn't ****ing put in autosave checkpoints at each of those lever things that you have to activate in the side rooms. FFS, I must've killed like 2000 of those things already, but I still can't get past the level because one of the last five or so always manages to kill me while I'm picking up some ammo, or reloading or something of the sort. And then I have to kill like a million of them again.

This isn't even a useful raising of the difficulty level, it's just the developers being ****s. So annoying.
    Yeah that one. Exactly how I felt. Ended up watching one of the video walkthroughs on YT to get through it but still had problems. One trick is to climb back up by the levers when you need to reload. Those things didn't seem to wanna climb anything which was strange. Also found it easier to go reeeeaally slow with your gun pulled. You always hear a growl when you're about to get attacked, that's when I would back up a bit and brace myself. A lot of patience required to get through this level. As you said though, unnecessarily tough.

Yup.
    Want to finish Uncharted first. Bit steep at 80ish bucks, will sell some stuff on ebay, build up the paypal account and buy it in a couple of weeks off there. Waiting for my bro to bring back another controller as well from NY.

Problem with RPIC is that I never play anything else after, just play Test matches for hours on end.
    Last edited by pasag; 17-09-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Does anyone play any of the Madden games on XBL?

Problem with RPIC is that I never play anything else after, just play Test matches for hours on end.
    I played a Test match online once. Was a lot of fun and competitive until I realized his weakness against the short ball, then it was just fun.

Thread Information