Page 152 of 205 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3072
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I don't remember a lot about the second LBA for some reason, definitely didn't enjoy it as much as the first. The way they shifted it to a 3D engine rather than the isometric camera of the first meant that it of lost some of the original charm I think.

First one was really hard though, I remember spending ages going through the underground temple/dungeon or whatever it was in the desert to get the upgraded magic ball. Seem to remember the fight with Funfrock at the end being pretty easy though, if you got in close enough and set yourself to aggressive mode and hold down the attack button you'd just let rip with the sabre and he'd never get a move in edgeways.
    Yea if you got in close and had plenty of health you'd basically just trade blows and win. I may have had lowish health/clovers or something.

I seem to remember one really horrible bit where you hovered over some swimming pools with robot sharks and stuff in them, then come through later with the water drained out. There were also sewer areas as well I think, Any water bits were always insta-death which was kinda frustrating.

Anyways it's one of the few computer games that could be considered a masterpiece, that's actually artistic. The art design still looks good now and the music will always be beautiful. There's supposed to be a remake coming with the possibility of an LBA 3 off that.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    I remember it was great once you got the Dinofly and could pretty much just go all over the place and explore everywhere you had previously visited. Bits that involved the jet pack could be incredibly frustrating like you say. Failure to time each jump precisely would inevitably lead to certain death, either through falling into water or down a chasm or something. Really annoying how if you stumbled into one of the white uber elephant things by accident (forget their exact name) they were impervious to attacks and would immediately hit you with their flying ball thing and send you right back to the asylum where you started the game.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Anyone play Age of Empires here. Absolutely love it, will never get old. Such a classic game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Still play Age of Empires 2 from time to time actually. Prefer Settlers 3 though.

Found it much more difficult than Age of Empires, but like you say, very samey, particularly on the difficult missions. AI on the game was crap as well, once you had seen off a few invasion attempts from opposing forces they always just seemed to rebuild enough to defend their own settlement, so all you had to do was build up enough forces to make a few invasions and wipe them out. Having said that, I think I only ever finished the Roman campaign, never much cared for playing as the Japanese or Egyptians.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    How does it make any sense to bring Saren back? smh..ruined the game for me.
    RIP Craigos

Spoilers! ****!

I've played every game Scaly listed a good amount except Sensible Soccer. Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 some of the best games I've ever played.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    You've never played Sensible Soccer? Even I've played that. FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

I come from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder.

ps. you're old.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    So does anyone here play proper computer games?

Things like Monkey Island, System Shock, Fallout (1 & 2, not the FPS stuff), Sensible Soccer, Starship Titanic, Little Big Adventure, Privateer 2: The Darkening, Baldur's Gate and so on?

Games that are actually classics that live on, instead of shallow stuff that you blast through a few times and forget about as soon as the novelty wears off and something shinier comes along?

Really glad crowd-sourcing is making some of the proper games I remember a reality again.
    Was a thread about classic games on Cricsim (I know) a couple of days ago, and I reeled off a list of old games that I still play occasionally. I'll repost here:

Role Playing: 1. Baldur's Gate 2 - Shadows of Amn (2000) - PC
    2. Star Control 2 - The Ur Quan Masters (1992) - PC
    3. Fallout 3 (2008) - XBOX 360
    4. Millennium 2.2 (1989) - PC

Sports: Sensible World of Soccer - PC

Platformer: 1. Sorcery Plus (1985) - Amstrad CPC
    2. Time Bandit (1986) - Atari ST
    3. Rescue (1984) - Sinclair Spectrum

Not sure if any of these really count as platformers as none of them involved platforms. Not sure what genre you'd call them. Sorcery Plus was akin to a platformer, but you flew around the screen so no need for platforms. Time Bandit and Rescue were both top down views - and, most importantly, all three of these are still incredibly playable over 25 years after release.

I've probably mentioned most of these some time in the past. Another one was Starflight from 1986. I reeled that one out again recently, but it has the most clunky save game routine ever (if the game crashes, your save game gets corrupted and if you exit without saving, your save game gets corrupted etc.) and I got about 75% of the way through it and my save game got corrupted and I uber-epic-raged.

Note that Starflight and Star Control II are noted inspirations for the Mass Effect series and the ruthless Kohr-Ah antagonists of Star Control were the direct inspiration for the Reapers - apparently.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    ps. you're old.

Yea I've played Star Control 2 when it was remade, I played the demo a hell of a lot and wondered where the final version went. I found the battles more annoying than fun unfortunately, which is a shame. The storyline rushed you a bit too much too, would have loved to have just pottered about exploring.

The oldest games I've played are all Spectrum 48k. Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Ikari Warriors, Wizard's Lair, Quake and the best of them all Sabre Wulf. Oldest one is probably Horace Goes Skiing or suchlike.

Thread Information