Page 140 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3089
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If you'd never played ME2 before then I doubt that ME1 would seem bad at all. I remember the first time I played it I thought it was great.

Once you've played ME2 though I doubt you'd go back. ME1 is gun, but ME2 is just so much better in every way. It's a really immersive cinematic experience.
    So true. If you want to play ME1 do it before you play ME2.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Not even sure what DX3 is, tbh.
    Deus Ex 3.

Speaking of which, when I ran out of explosives and electricity, I needed to break PEWS rules and throw stuff in order to get past a security robot.

Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of four gas canisters, three fire extinguishers, numerous crates and one drinks dispenser, I was not able to kill the ****ing thing and had to run past it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Playing Deus Ex: Human Regurgitation myself. Really pissing me off. The stealth feels forced and it's generally dumb or trial and error or both. I don't want to do ****ing stealth constantly because it's always broken in computer games and ends up being incredibly irritating. Also why in the future is the tranquilizer rifle so ****ty? I've racked up (the maximum) of 100 saves before I got the first boss because you're generally sneaking past in well lit areas, sometimes you get randomly get caught and you're ****ed, sometimes you don't. The best strategy seems to be relying on the AI to gormlessly stare at a wall your shot magically hit after it passed through the guy's head without doing anything. I want all out combat to be a proper option sometimes without the hide button. And what a complete pile of **** the first boss is. I don't know if I can be arsed getting past it.

It tells you a lot about standards today when that game has a metascore of 90 (PC). It's nowhere near as enjoyable as the original. Far too irritating, random and railroaded.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

I'm having no stealth issues tbh.

The boss fights are stupid though, but that's what you get when you outsource Eidos you ****s.

EDIT: I've been forced into combat against lots of dudes a couple of times, once where I was seen through windows above me that I didn't notice and the second much later in the game where they ambush you on a massive scale (I could have snuck past, but I decided a sniping was much more fun). I don't play as a combat man, but I doubt even if I had all the armour augs, downed painkillers etc that I'd last long just running around Halo style. Doesn't worry me though because the game isn't trying to be Halo, it's a cover shooter, hence the hiding part.

The original game was pretty similar with the need to take cover iirc.
    Last edited by Flem274*; 15-01-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Nah the original game didn't have the hiding button and you could actually take stuff on at close quarters. This game you're forced to use the cheat button to hide behind thin bits of metal and you're pretty much ****ed in most areas if you get spotted because they have grenades and are harder to kill than you are.

Yeah it didn't have the cover system, but if you ran around with an assault rifle in the open on higher difficulties you got wasted.

I don't really do the mid range stuff where they get much of a chance to spam grenades. I either snipe, hit and run, use a takedown, hack, sneak or if all else fails, run like hell (works in every game).

There was one ambush where they kept throwing grenades whenever I poked my nose out of my air vent. In the end I sniped a few ****s in the upstairs bit then when they all went to investigate I went back down and made a break for it.

**** combat in that situation though. Whole bunch of ****s with heavy rifles, assault rifles, grenades etc.

So yeah, I guess the game does favour circumspection rather than guns blazing.

I've pretty much given up on the game at the first boss. If get further away to grab a magic barrel he chucks grenades everywhere, so I run and get shot, or I stay and get blown up. In between I can press some magic potion buttons to regenerate health (if only energy bars and the like came in drip form in the backwards 2027 world, he'd be ****ing unstoppable). Unless there are cheats then I'm not suffering through that complete ****ing ****e however many times before I get lucky. It was annoying enough having to **** about to get the game running in the first place because I had a duplicate key.

All the endings and story cutscenes are on youtube if you want to see them.

Finished the game today, and thought I'd try a review. Spoilers in grey ahead.

Story

I enjoyed it. It felt like the Deus Ex atmosphere, and it was great to play a Deus Ex game on modern technology. I liked the focus on corporate warfare for most of the game, rather than a global conspiracy a third of the way through like DX 1. Sadly, the conspiracy parts were brought in too near the end. The story did play out a bit different to how I expected. The endings were interesting, but also disappointing in that we just get general pictures with Jensen providing a voiceover, no shots of what happens in the immediate term like in the other two games.

The only real **** bit is the romantic stuff. Srsly, so badly executed. Never really cared much for the chick, and the resolution was anti-climatic.

Characters

Main characters like AJ, Sarif, Darrow, Pritchard, Malik, Taggart et al are done really well. Side characters, not so much when compared to DX 1. I still have no idea about the three bosses, whereas in DX1 you can learn all about people who can be considered "bosses" because they're written as real people, not things you shoot at (Gunther never did get his "hedgun," nor did he get to the bottom of the fizzy drink dispenser plot "I vanted orange, but et alwayz give me lemon and lime!). You basically spend a few frustrating (more on that in a moment) minutes pumping lead into Rambo, Rihanna, some **** posing as a piece of the scenery and a CEO so incompetent they manage to make a security system pissed at everything it sees (which you have to deal with).

Gameplay

Hmm. Overall it was fine for 90% of the game. No worries using the cover system, the hacking minigame is fun, nice range of ways to achieve objectives, you can still invent silly things to do etc. But the bad can be pretty annoying. Why this game has boss fights that force you into combat is beyond me. I'm not a heavy weapon type, so I get ****ed up pretty easily. Being locked in a room against an augmented soldier armed with big guns is not how I play. There are ways, unintended by the developers, that you can use to h4x your way through these though, thank goodness. I hear the bossfights were outsourced, which explains a lot.

The skill points system also seems quite unbalanced. On one hand, silently knocking out a guard gets you 50 xp, but shooting him in the chest front on gets you 10 xp. It seems biased in favour of stealth and hacking, which must be frustrating for combat players.

My last gripe is the lack of city hubs. As I understand it, they ran out of time and money and had to can an entire hub, which is a shame because having only Detroit and Heng Sha makes the game feel more linear than a DX game should.

Music and Graphics

Music is one of the best game sound tracks I've ever heard. Graphics are good, but not the best out there.

Overall

90% of the time, I really enjoyed this game.

tl;dr

SPoilers not in grey either. Ridonkulous review.1/10.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    No pics either.

Hurry up and play ME1 ****.

jan
    Anybody headshot hunting in ModernWarfare3 or Battlefield3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman, right-arm crap bowler, dropper of sitters, grainy streams watcher

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    No pics either.

Hurry up and play ME1 ****.
    Wasn't in the store ****.

There was a sale on though, so I bought Bioshock, Forza 3 and Sims 3.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Anybody headshot hunting in ModernWarfare3 or Battlefield3?
    Honestly I'm flatout trying to keep my killscore at a ratio of better than 1:3
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Only just started getting it consistently above 1:1. Level 63 in MW3 and 20-something in BF3.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

cpr
    Battlefield 1943 IMO. Only game I bother playing online. Still **** at it though, but for£7 who cares. Not nearly as many ****s as most online shooter games either.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thread Information