Page 11 of 205 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Been playing the UFC Undisputed demo and it's rock solid. ****ing excellent, can't wait for the actual game to come out in a couple of days time.

Having used a 360 controller (for my PC) for the first time this weekend, deadset kicking myself for using the PS type controllers for so long instead. Love where the 2 analogue sticks are placed on the X-box controller, and the 2 triggers underneath (which are perfect for racing games).

CBF reading above again, but I'm sure someone mentioned the possibility of buying Far-Cry 2? Is honestly one of the most over-hyped, repetitive and after a couple of hours, boring games I've ever played. The fact that EVERYONE is against you, no matter which side you're doing a job for, is really quite frustrating/irritating. That, along with the fact that no matter how many times you go through certain checkpoints on the rather large map, the enemies ALWAYS respawn makes for a really **** game imo. Just once, i'd like to be able to take a drive and not have every car you pass do a u-turn and come after you.

So yeah, I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Been playing the UFC Undisputed demo and it's rock solid. ****ing excellent, can't wait for the actual game to come out in a couple of days time.
    It's good isn't it? Been playing the demo myself, although one thing against the demo is that it's too easy. Playing as Chuck Liddell, I've knocked out Shogun Rua quite easily several times. Hope the final product has harder difficulty. The roster apparently is absolutely huge and Brock Lesnar is in the game too. Looking forward to the game.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    It's good isn't it? Been playing the demo myself, although one thing against the demo is that it's too easy. Playing as Chuck Liddell, I've knocked out Shogun Rua quite easily several times. Hope the final product has harder difficulty. The roster apparently is absolutely huge and Brock Lesnar is in the game too. Looking forward to the game.
    Yeah, I'm assuming that will be the case. I was slightly disappointed in some of the takedown movements looking very pre-determined rather than reactive but apparently that has been sorted for the first release. this Thursday. I'm hoping they sort the Xbox Live issues that a lot of people were getting from the last one. It looks like the type of game which could be sick online.

Also, anyone who wants a good sports game for 360 should look no further than NHL 09. Comfortably the best sports game I've played on the console and I can't stand Ice Hockey. Such an addictive game, very much worth a go.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm assuming that will be the case. I was slightly disappointed in some of the takedown movements looking very pre-determined rather than reactive but apparently that has been sorted for the first release. this Thursday. I'm hoping they sort the Xbox Live issues that a lot of people were getting from the last one. It looks like the type of game which could be sick online.

Also, anyone who wants a good sports game for 360 should look no further than NHL 09. Comfortably the best sports game I've played on the console and I can't stand Ice Hockey. Such an addictive game, very much worth a go.
    Really? The NHL franchise has been crud for so long, I gave up on it. So what makes it better than previous incarnations?
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

The controls are out of this world good these days you can do anything and everything really, and the game has so much more depth than previous versions.

"Be a Pro" mode is the best of it's kind as well.

There's a decent video review of it here. But for me the "touch and feel" so to speak is off the charts, it's just a lot of fun to play as a one player or multiplayer where it's outstanding.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Agree with everything Duffer said, am in my fourth season on be a pro playing left wing. Best Sports game on the Xbox IMHO
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Hate it how the EA Sports games are starting to phase-out from PCs. Would love to get NHL 09, but it is no longer made to be equivalent of the platform versions, and thus has lesser graphics, and a few game options aren't the same. Can see it going the same way as NBA & Madden (which didn't even release a PC versions of 09 )

ret
    I haven't gone through the whole thread but will tell abt the console that I use ----> PS3

Why?

1. Doesn't heat up like X-box
    2. More reliable [have heard that the question is not whether the X-Box will die but when will it die]
    3. More silent [X-box is noisy]
    4. Blue-tooth
    5. Built in Wi-Fi
    6. You can install yellow dog linux and turn it in to a PC if you want [but it may not be worth the effort]
    7. the killer app -> Blue-Ray [PS3 is one of the best, if not the best, Blue Ray players on the market]
    8. More powerful [correct me if I m wrong]
    9. Better looking [subjective]

It may be priced higher than a X-box but if you see the above points it does offer value [and considering the fact that Sony isn't making too much money on it]

Ofc. X-Box has more titles but unless you have time and money to burn on tons of games, you won't feel the need to go for more games. PS3 has enough titles to keep you happy!
    Fastest gun in town

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Hate it how the EA Sports games are starting to phase-out from PCs. Would love to get NHL 09, but it is no longer made to be equivalent of the platform versions, and thus has lesser graphics, and a few game options aren't the same. Can see it going the same way as NBA & Madden (which didn't even release a PC versions of 09 )
    Yeah consoles have pretty much won. Unless it's a football management type game.

Flexi-Combat Champion! Tournaments Won: 1
    From what I understand ret is the ps3 has an average blu ray player not the best.
    No'ones gonna take me alive
    The time has come to make things right
    You and I must fight for our rights
    You and I must fight to survive

New Zealand Cricket Supporter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    I haven't gone through the whole thread but will tell abt the console that I use ----> PS3

Why?

1. Doesn't heat up like X-box
    2. More reliable [have heard that the question is not whether the X-Box will die but when will it die]
    3. More silent [X-box is noisy]
    4. Blue-tooth
    5. Built in Wi-Fi
    6. You can install yellow dog linux and turn it in to a PC if you want [but it may not be worth the effort]
    7. the killer app -> Blue-Ray [PS3 is one of the best, if not the best, Blue Ray players on the market]
    8. More powerful [correct me if I m wrong]
    9. Better looking [subjective]

It may be priced higher than a X-box but if you see the above points it does offer value [and considering the fact that Sony isn't making too much money on it]

Ofc. X-Box has more titles but unless you have time and money to burn on tons of games, you won't feel the need to go for more games. PS3 has enough titles to keep you happy!
    Haha, no mention of how good the games are.

For the record, the PS2 in my loungeroom has seen no compelling reason to upgrade.

U19 Vice-Captain redhotchilipepa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    For the record, the PS2 in my loungeroom has seen no compelling reason to upgrade.
    Three words: Destroy. All. Humans.

Best. Game. Ever. Sudden urge to play it now!!
    RIP Craig - all round top guy. <3

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Haha, no mention of how good the games are.

ATWA.

I made sure I upgraded from a PS2 to an Xbox360. The two systems complement each other really well and I'm glad I went this way. I love the look and feel of the Xbox360 and the controller. Plus the games and the Xbox LIVE services are great. I don't really care for or need a Blu Ray player, so an Xbox360 was the right choice.

Luv my 360. The woman thinks I would rather spend the night with it rather than with her though. Worrying signs.
    Heh, my grandparents went out and bought me PS3 today with Little Big Planet and Batman. Officially going to become a recluse as of this weekend.

Not sure about which other games to get. Will probably get NBA 2k on this because I know a few peeps who I want to play but other than that am clueless on where to go?

Page 11 of 205 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information