Page 104 of 204 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3048
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    About halfway through my second ME2 playthrough (using my renegade Shepard from ME). Renegade Shepard is just so badass. Gave him reddish eyes and with the scars he looks like the ultimate villain. Looks especially cool in the dark. Playing as a Vanguard too, which is actually more fun than being a soldier. You get all these cool heavy weapons on top of all the powers (charge ftmfw!). Have been using the Singularity Projector a lot more as well.

EDIT: Also, since my renegade Shepard was a level 59 on ME, I started this playthrough with 55000 of each mineral (yup, including Element Zero) and about 350k credits. Have done like zero mining so far.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 13-02-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    [SPOILER] Legion's side quest was my favourite by far. The choice at the end had me sitting there for five minutes trying to figure out what to do. Eventually decided to reprogram them as there would probably more "heretics" out there who would use it as motivation to rejoin with the Reapers. The schism between the two different Geth factions and the discovery that the "heretics" were planning on attacking the Geth was awesome.

Tali's quest was probably the second best one. Loved the whole trial and the speeches. Hectic moment when we found her father dead.

The kidnapping scene was awesome too. Complete swerve and the play as Joker bit was class.

The whole Collectors/Protheans swerve was out of this world to me. They were obviously the most advanced civilisation to live since the creators of the Reapers and their repurposing put a whole lot of things together on how the Protheans got their intel regarding the evolution of current species and how to gauge their threat.

The final "Human Reaper" completely destroyed me. Couldn't believe my eyes at seeing how the Reapers are built and what it takes. The scene before the credits where hundreds/thousands of Reapers fill the sky is makes you realise just how many people they'd have had to harvest over millions of years and just how huge a task stopping them will be next time around.

As for the final choice, decided to keep the base alive and use the technology, although I know Illusive Man will commit a helluva lot of atrocities trying to harness it. What legion said during the game did stay with em though when he said "Geth do not want to evolve along the lines of other, we want to develop for ourselves" made me feel a bit guilty. Developing along the lines that the Reapers set with the Mass Relays and the Citadel is what destroyed thousands of advanced cultures in the first place. Let alone the fact that we couldn't even control a derelict unit of a 37 million year old Reaper makes me wonder what we're getting ourselves into for the third game.[/SPOILER]
    [spoiler]Legion itself, Geth having a schism and the whole concept of having Geth as part of my team, just totally blew my mind. I called BS right away thinking surely somebody would've noticed in 300 ****ing years, but it makes sense when you think about it. Everybody was so **** scared of AI following the war that nobody thought of why the Geth were violent. Its because their creators waged a pre-emptive war on them and they did what they should've done, defend themselves. Following that, when Saren recruited Geth on his side, even though it didn't make sense to anyone as Geth kept to themselves after the war, everyone accepted it as they were now prejudiced against the technology, not even considering the possibility of a rogue faction. Legion seriously became my favorite team member right away. The wearing of Shepard's armor and not having an explanation as to why, was simply icing on the cake.

The human reaper was a huge shock as well. I just couldn't get over it. Its just amazing story telling. The human colonies disappearing kept playing on my mind as I couldn't think of a plausible explanation, so the ending totally took me by surprise, and that's quite the understatement. As soon as I saw the reaper EVERYTHING fell into place. Makes you think about reapers' current form, and how that species must've been the last to seriously challenge them.

Also loved the bit about the Rachni. Hope they play a bigger part in the next game.

As for the last choice, I pretty much completely hated the Illusive Man so disagreed with him as much as possible, so you can imagine what choice I made. I did lose Jacob in the last mission, I didn't think it actually mattered whom you picked for each mission.[/spoiler]

Like I said, just amazing story telling.

Haven't had a chance to get on ME2 for a while now, all my assignments for the entire term will be finished this week though, so should get a chance. Have played up to the bit just before the suicide mission, just done Legion's side quest. I chose to blow the place up, being the badass that I am. Though Legion is a gun, I find the general quick acceptance of him into the team is a bit unrealistic. Kind of like "oh, so I know you're one of the races that we hate the most and trust the least in the entire galaxy, but since you can say my name and you've given me your word that you won't bring down a ****storm on us, that's good enough for me".

Great times though, want to play it through for a second time once I've finished it, but doubt I will have time before FFXIII comes out, which will have to take precedent. Really want to give FFX a playthrough again as well, listening to the theme tune earlier today when I had my i-pod on shuffle made me realise how much I enjoyed/miss it.

I don't know about being accepted. There is obviously a lot of opposition from the team members who actually care but they ultimately trust Shepard's decision. Activating Grunt was almost as risky tbh.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Lost Jack in my game cos I sided with Miranda over her when they had their barny.

Ill start another game soon with a more biotic character.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    I managed to play about 20 minutes of ME2 last night. I don't know whether my TV isn't big enough, but everything seems so small. I'm struggling to see the baddies before they shred me. I didn't have this problem with the previous game. Still, maybe 20 minutes just isn't enough to get used to the changes.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Just ordered the Mass Effect novels.

I bought the e-books long back. Should have asked around here and I would have mailed it to you for free.
    This was a serious post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    As for Sharma, sorry but he's the only Indian bowler outside of Khan who has consistently managed to take wickets away from home and trouble good batsman. Shami looks highly promising but India don't have better seam options than Sharma at the moment in test cricket. Quite simple.
    RIP Craigos. Owe you a beer.:(

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2186298-post7381.html

Doh! Ah well. Did find them both dirt cheap tbh. Do you have the new comic book or the latest book?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Doh! Ah well. Did find them both dirt cheap tbh. Do you have the new comic book or the latest book?
    Got Ascension and Revelation. Not the comics.

Yeah bought them each for like $5.

Matteh - tried the Bad Company 2 demo?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Nope. Guessing it's pretty good?

Just bought Halo ODST to shut all my friends up about not having the DLC maps, only cost 15 so not going to be too upset when the 4 hour long single player mission comes to an end.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    [spoiler]Legion itself, Geth having a schism and the whole concept of having Geth as part of my team, just totally blew my mind. I called BS right away thinking surely somebody would've noticed in 300 ****ing years, but it makes sense when you think about it. Everybody was so **** scared of AI following the war that nobody thought of why the Geth were violent. Its because their creators waged a pre-emptive war on them and they did what they should've done, defend themselves. Following that, when Saren recruited Geth on his side, even though it didn't make sense to anyone as Geth kept to themselves after the war, everyone accepted it as they were now prejudiced against the technology, not even considering the possibility of a rogue faction. Legion seriously became my favorite team member right away. The wearing of Shepard's armor and not having an explanation as to why, was simply icing on the cake.

The human reaper was a huge shock as well. I just couldn't get over it. Its just amazing story telling. The human colonies disappearing kept playing on my mind as I couldn't think of a plausible explanation, so the ending totally took me by surprise, and that's quite the understatement. As soon as I saw the reaper EVERYTHING fell into place. Makes you think about reapers' current form, and how that species must've been the last to seriously challenge them.

Also loved the bit about the Rachni. Hope they play a bigger part in the next game.

As for the last choice, I pretty much completely hated the Illusive Man so disagreed with him as much as possible, so you can imagine what choice I made. I did lose Jacob in the last mission, I didn't think it actually mattered whom you picked for each mission.[/spoiler]

Like I said, just amazing story telling.
    [SPOILER]He explains the Shepard's armor thing after the final mission where he says after the Normandy went missing he went everywhere Shepard went to try and track him down, including Feros, Noveira, Ilos etc and eventually got to Earth and got a hole blown through him by humans. Agree about the Geth though, increasingly intriguing race now and far more understandable than the psychotic robots who turned on their masters in the first game.

During Tali's side mission I decided to not get involved with the war discussion and left it to them whether they go to war with the Geth. Be interesting to see how that spins because I'm sort of wishing I told them not to go back to fight them now.

Also apparently the devs have sort of leaked that the third game will take us to Earth and it will be an insane experience. Seriously spazzing out at the prospect of seeing it and fighting on it. Would also love to see the Turian,Asari and Quarian homeworlds at some stage. Hell, maybe even the Geth one too. Can't wait to see what races they give us for the next one too. Loved the Drell and Hanar story.

Bit interested to see how the recruitment for the next one goes too. If we could actually survive with no other squad members left then I don't see how they can give you the option to bring them all back for the next trip. Would love to be able to bring back Ashley and though tbh, the conversation Horizon was pretty painful.

One thing I sort of didn't like regarding the conversation was that you had to do their loyalty missions to really "get to know them" and before then you really couldn't talk about much. Much preferred the DAO system whereby you could talk to anyone and everyone after every little side mission/quest and gradually get to build up your loyalty with them enough to trigger the missions. But it's a minor complaint, that and the new Citadel were the only two things I did not like in the game[/SPOILER]

Also, anyone tried the Heavy Rain demo yet? Had a crack at the two missions we got and was pretty into it. Really intrigues me. About 10 days to go for it, might get that after FF.

Thread Information