Page 101 of 204 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3048
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PS3 and 360 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Oh, and for the 360 users. Install to hard drive. To say this game tests the Xbox out would be a massive understatement. The box was going like a banshee when I tried to play off the disc.
    Do you have to install both discs btw? Have just received in the mail.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    Read on another forum that it is around 14-15 gb in size.
    yeah decided to order 360 version
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Just played the opening few moments, pretty awesome. Loved the bit when you walk out of the airlock, visually stunning, and so atmospheric.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    My 360 tells me I only have a 14GB HD when I know its supposed to be 20GB. Strange. Running the game off the disk. The game is absolutely gun so far. The beginning was actually revealed in one of the dev videos which kinda pisses me off now tbh, but still enjoyed it. Love the combat and I only have the basic powers! Learned my lessons from the first one and started beefing up my Paragon skills from the start. On Omega [spoiler]the Archangel bit totally took me by surprise. Thinking about it I suppose I should've seen it coming. I think I was as enthusiastic as Shepard when he took his helmet off ! Am killing those aliens for the Doc now, so still on Omega.[/spoiler]

Only complaint is my character's imported face looks really weird in most cutscenes. Other than that its awesome so far! The lag is non-existent. Love how the view gets all blurred out if you decide to have a few drinks.
    I've noticed this as well, but I wondered if this was something to do with the fact that I'm currently using a TV that was probably state of the art in the mid 80s, as I cba to bring my decent one back to uni with me, that'll teach me I guess.

Enjoying it so far though, realy does look the part, even on my less than uber TV. The revamped combat feels a lot more RAW and tense than the previous incarnation which is good, and I've already been able to see how your decisions can begin to influence the decisions with other races. I plan to get Jacob well and truly on my side, have been quite diplomatic towards Tali as well so far, not sure why mind you, given how rubbish she was in the last game.

Completed the first two missions now, planning on blitzing through a fair chunk of it tomorrow. Don't think I'll be doing much else.

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge
    not sure why mind you, given how rubbish she was in the last game
    wat, Tali kicked ass in the first game. Had her in my team from pretty much the entire time I got her, when she was upgraded and had the right armour on she had the most hax shields of all time and tech'd the crap out of all the geth. Nothing could touch her.

Anyway personally been switching up my characters based on who I think will be useful for the given mission which isn't something I really did last time round. Tali has been a fixture since I got her though, and Jack is probably my most used teammate. Don't really like keeping Jacob around he is miserable as ****.

I don't feel like the combat is all that much different from the first game, tho I haven't played it in a good year or more mind.

But yeah it's been a generally great experience so far. Love catching up with the team mates from the first game.

Did a paragon run and lost a couple of team mates. Did a renegade run and saved everyone. Odd.
    This was a serious post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    As for Sharma, sorry but he's the only Indian bowler outside of Khan who has consistently managed to take wickets away from home and trouble good batsman. Shami looks highly promising but India don't have better seam options than Sharma at the moment in test cricket. Quite simple.
    RIP Craigos. Owe you a beer.:(

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2186298-post7381.html

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Haha, I think I've just figured out the weirdness of the faces. Apparently they're scars from the regeneration. And they'll heal through paragon actions and become more apparent after performing renegade actions. Awesome.

And agree re: Tali. Used her throughout my first playthrough.
    RIP Craigos

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Haha, I think I've just figured out the weirdness of the faces. Apparently they're scars from the regeneration. And they'll heal through paragon actions and become more apparent after performing renegade actions. Awesome.
    You didn't notice the scars earlier?

Try getting to max renegade. He ends up looking like the most evil mofo ever.
    orz

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    You didn't notice the scars earlier?
    I did, thought it was a glitch with imported faces until I saw the email about it.

Haha I actually noticed the scars, I guess my problem is actually down to the fact that my TV is slightly ancient. Only 6-7 weeks till I can play it on my slightly less decrepit TV at home...by which time FFXIII will be out as well..oh boy.

Watch out for Alpha Protocol too. Sounds sick.

This game is blowing my mind, the loyalty missions are unbelievable. Loved the Tuchanka ones and Tali's as well. Game is too good to believe, I felt the first ME that combat was very much of secondary concern but they've improved the shooter aspect so much that it feels like it could play as a stand alone shooter (like a Sci-Fi Gears of War). Our new boss is a complete badass though, Martin Sheen wag and the battles against our new enemies are so sick [SPOILER]Harbinger an the Scions are ****ing insane. The Collectors make the Geth look like Kindergaten (insane swerves when we find out that they are what happened to the Protheans), the final battle is going to be insane.[/SPOILER]

Teamates are just so much more interesting this time around, love all of them except for the one who came on the DLC. The only thing I'm not liking so far is the new Citadel, reckon it blows compared to the old one.

EDIT: Also loving the new email system and the planet mining. At first I hated the scanner but found it strangeley habit forming. Depleting the crap out of every planet I find and getting every upgrade possible. Going to be a beast of a Normandy when I'm done.
    Last edited by duffer; 30-01-2010 at 05:04 AM.

Favorite moments:

[spoiler]1. Getting Joker out of the Normandy SR1. The ship's top is ripped open and a planet is visible above the ship. The music goes quiet and only space sounds play till you walk over to the cockpit. Awesome.

2. The resurrection of Normandy. The intro for the Normandy SR2. Everything is awesome on so many levels during that sequence. Music and all.

3. Recruiting the Archangel.

4. Thane Krios' entry.

5. EDI, the AI, saying it likes to see humans on their knees followed by a wtf expression from Joker.

6. Joker imitating Legion.

7. Tali's hearing.

8. The suicide mission cinematics when it begins.

9. Suicide mission ending when Shepard is running out of the Collector base.

10. The end game sequence where Shepard looks at the coffins and then the Reaper fleet moves towards the galaxy with the ME1 theme.[/spoiler]

So damn good.
    Last edited by Shri; 30-01-2010 at 05:56 AM.

Hahaha, Archangel WAFG indeed.

Just finished the game, then last few missions are mind blowing and some of the choices excruciatingly difficult to make in that there is nor real defined paragon/renegade option and most decisions look liek having major ramifications going forward into the story. Many playthroughs of this and the third game coming. Managed to save everyone but boy, the last choice was insane. Has me hanging on the third game.

[SPOILER] Legion's side quest was my favourite by far. The choice at the end had me sitting there for five minutes trying to figure out what to do. Eventually decided to reprogram them as there would probably more "heretics" out there who would use it as motivation to rejoin with the Reapers. The schism between the two different Geth factions and the discovery that the "heretics" were planning on attacking the Geth was awesome.

Tali's quest was probably the second best one. Loved the whole trial and the speeches. Hectic moment when we found her father dead.

The kidnapping scene was awesome too. Complete swerve and the play as Joker bit was class.

The whole Collectors/Protheans swerve was out of this world to me. They were obviously the most advanced civilisation to live since the creators of the Reapers and their repurposing put a whole lot of things together on how the Protheans got their intel regarding the evolution of current species and how to gauge their threat.

The final "Human Reaper" completely destroyed me. Couldn't believe my eyes at seeing how the Reapers are built and what it takes. The scene before the credits where hundreds/thousands of Reapers fill the sky is makes you realise just how many people they'd have had to harvest over millions of years and just how huge a task stopping them will be next time around.

As for the final choice, decided to keep the base alive and use the technology, although I know Illusive Man will commit a helluva lot of atrocities trying to harness it. What legion said during the game did stay with em though when he said "Geth do not want to evolve along the lines of other, we want to develop for ourselves" made me feel a bit guilty. Developing along the lines that the Reapers set with the Mass Relays and the Citadel is what destroyed thousands of advanced cultures in the first place. Let alone the fact that we couldn't even control a derelict unit of a 37 million year old Reaper makes me wonder what we're getting ourselves into for the third game.

May have to rectify this choice next time around and tell Illusive Man to go **** himself. That's the real beauty of this game. Can see myself doing this many many times and having a different experience every single one of them. [/SPOILER]

Wow, completely mid****ed right now. Incredible game.

Thread Information