cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 5650
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Gaming discussion

Tournaments Won: 1
    I've been big into NBA 2k19 recently. Have to stop myself from spending cash on boosting my player with 2k20 coming up...

State Vice-Captain
    Does anyone play Final Fantasy XIV? Apparently the new expansions are really good and I'm tempted to start

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Smitteh is yo' man

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Does anyone play Final Fantasy XIV? Apparently the new expansions are really good and I'm tempted to start

yes.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

State Vice-Captain
    wow, I guess you would recommend it then

It's annoying there's no Oceania servers but it seems the Kiwis play on certain Japan or NA servers.

Is it very grindy or are there always things to do? And is it restrictive in the various classes etc you are or can you change those later if you decide you don't like what you've chosen?

I play on EU servers for no real reason other than that's where my friends and guild are. I would probably transfer to Tonberry or Kujata (JP) if I didn't have nearly 6 years of attachments.

The game is very good and has hundreds of hours of content for you to work through before endgame. The story is fantastic from the base game through until the end of Heavensward, Stormblood is okay but takes a noticeable dip throughout and the the new expansion, Shadowbringers, is genuinely fantastic.

The game is grindy in the sense that there's loads of MMO-style stuff to do but it's not grindy in an MMO sense. It's quite free with XP and you get loads of it through the story. You can level and play every single class on the same character. You can play any role you want at any time as long as you put the effort in to level them.

Endgame can get a bit boring and samey (it's been the same basic formula for it's entire life now) but you've probably got upwards of 200-300hours of story and old raid/endgame content to get through before current endgame, unless you pay for a skip potion (which I wouldn't do, story is the main selling point of the game).

State Vice-Captain
    I've played previous MMOs where you'd do all the quests available for your level and you'd only be a third of the way to the next level and you'd have to go grind and that put me off them for a while so good to know it's not quite like that.

I've got a couple of friends who are also thinking about starting to play so I'll be able to level up and go through the story with them which should be fun

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Might get back on BDO later this week. Not sure if I cbf

Once every couple of years, when I'm deeply bored and alone at home, I re-subscribe to Runescape, play for a few hours and have a blast. Then I never play again till the next time.

The lore, ironic dialogue, the luck-based loot (which is just frequent enough to keep you going), bossing and merchanting on GE was done really well, if someone had a lot of free time to appreciate it.The obscene grind for levels only worked for me when I young enough to actually 'value' achievements outside of their in-game rewards and had a bunch of friends on it though. It's a shame because I probably have spent 1000+ hours on it as a kid and met some great people on it who I'll never interact with again (outside of the few that I have on facebook etc.).
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    I've played previous MMOs where you'd do all the quests available for your level and you'd only be a third of the way to the next level and you'd have to go grind and that put me off them for a while so good to know it's not quite like that.

I've got a couple of friends who are also thinking about starting to play so I'll be able to level up and go through the story with them which should be fun
    It does have the fetch-quest for small amounts of xp stuff that plagues all post-WoW MMO's, but there's a lot of other ways to gain xp outside of that stuff (daily dungeon roulette xp bonuses etc).

I've not levelled an alt so I can't say for absolute sure but I'm pretty sure they buffed the xp from main scenario quests through at least A Realm Reborn, maybe through HW as well now.

In any case, there's a free trial where you can play up til lvl30 with no restrictions for free, so try it out and see.

I will say that if you have no Final Fantasy background a lot of the nostalgia factor will be lsot on you, but it doesn't mean it won't still be great.

Thread Information