Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 368 of 385 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 5767
Like Tree812Likes

Thread: Gaming discussion

Imperator Rome is out, but playing it so far I think it needs a few expansions and patches to reach the standards of CK2/EU4.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I don't usually like fighting games. But MK 11 is really fun.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Imperator Rome is out, but playing it so far I think it needs a few expansions and patches to reach the standards of CK2/EU4.
    yeah i've been keeping an eye on it and it looks very bare bones. im holding off until the usual deluge of dlc from paradox.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    yeah i've been keeping an eye on it and it looks very bare bones. im holding off until the usual deluge of dlc from paradox.
    It's not so much that it's bare bones - there's a lot to do, especially if you don't easymode and don't actually play as Rome - but the reliance on points-based mana systems for so many important mechanics is frustrating. Even moreso tha EU4.

Still fun if you like that period of history ofc.

im going to play as byzantion or somewhere small and out of the way like one of the arabian nations. what's putting me off for now is the lack of character complexity relative to rome 1 tw or ck2, and that the peace time events seem to be very limited for now.

i think it will be a very good game in 6 months to a year once they figure out what depth they want to bring. im thinking along the lines of cities skylines industries and parklife being amazing dlcs that also feel a lot like "we should have done it this way from the start rather than going with genre convention"

speaking of strategy games i saw footage of the new, improved total war 3 kingdoms today and i like it more than i thought i would. god creative assembly sure can't do a ui to save their life tho

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    This is a problem with literally all 4x/grand strategy games tbh. None of them are particularly good at launch.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 02-05-2019 at 06:44 AM.
    Bijed likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Assassins Creed: Origins available on the Humble Bundle.subscription. Might be a good time for me to jump on board.

im going to play as byzantion or somewhere small and out of the way like one of the arabian nations. what's putting me off for now is the lack of character complexity relative to rome 1 tw or ck2, and that the peace time events seem to be very limited for now.

i think it will be a very good game in 6 months to a year once they figure out what depth they want to bring. im thinking along the lines of cities skylines industries and parklife being amazing dlcs that also feel a lot like "we should have done it this way from the start rather than going with genre convention"
    stellaris too. that feels like a completely different - and much more fleshed-out - game than what it was at launch

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    I've been wanting to get into a game like Total War or EU but I don't know where to start. Also I want to play as Vikings but a lot of the games seem to start post Viking age unless you buy a bunch of add ons?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    I've been wanting to get into a game like Total War or EU but I don't know where to start. Also I want to play as Vikings but a lot of the games seem to start post Viking age unless you buy a bunch of add ons?
    EU4 will eat your life away. 10/10 would recommend.

Prepare to be curbstomped repeatedly for your first 20 hours though.
    NZTailender likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    medieval 2 tw has denmark post catholic conversion, but a lot of the units are, well, 'viking raiders' and 'norse archers'.

I used to love 4X games when 4X meant Civilization 4 and MoO (1993). I tried to get into a number of other ones, most recently Stellaris but they just bore me now. Civ had this great "one more turn" quality that more modern ones seem to lack. Stellaris in particular could never get me excited for its 3% efficiency improvements. It more gave me the sense that the designers thought that long and big = epic.

I'm much more inclined to play board game 4X games, since they're over in a much more reasonable amount of time and one can understand the rules of the game. And I think that the last point is the one that matters most to me these days. Modern 4X games are giant stats spreadsheets and branching dependency graphs and it often doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense. You have to invest in the ecosystem to understand the game at any meaningful level.

I often wonder why video game developers don't make more approachable 4X games that are done and dusted in an hour or 3, with interesting randomizers to keep the game fresh (randomizing the tech available in each game in a space game ala MoO).

Also, tech trading with AIs is the most annoying mechanic and I turn it off in Civ 4 when I occasionally play it because all it does is force me to check the diplo screen every turn and I don't want to talk to the other AI players except to tell them that their head would look good on the end of a pike.

So I guess what I want is a fast- playing 4X game that is highly randomised so that the game feels fresh and new each time instead of the exact same game with a different map.

I'm going to have to create this game myself aren't I?
    Bijed likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Finally finished Sekiro. Lol at Teja doing it in a weekend. Final boss alone took me a week.

I think it’s probably better than Dark Souls. Combat is more satisfying when you get it right.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    I used to love 4X games when 4X meant Civilization 4 and MoO (1993). I tried to get into a number of other ones, most recently Stellaris but they just bore me now. Civ had this great "one more turn" quality that more modern ones seem to lack. Stellaris in particular could never get me excited for its 3% efficiency improvements. It more gave me the sense that the designers thought that long and big = epic.

I'm much more inclined to play board game 4X games, since they're over in a much more reasonable amount of time and one can understand the rules of the game. And I think that the last point is the one that matters most to me these days. Modern 4X games are giant stats spreadsheets and branching dependency graphs and it often doesn't make a lot of intuitive sense. You have to invest in the ecosystem to understand the game at any meaningful level.

I often wonder why video game developers don't make more approachable 4X games that are done and dusted in an hour or 3, with interesting randomizers to keep the game fresh (randomizing the tech available in each game in a space game ala MoO).

Also, tech trading with AIs is the most annoying mechanic and I turn it off in Civ 4 when I occasionally play it because all it does is force me to check the diplo screen every turn and I don't want to talk to the other AI players except to tell them that their head would look good on the end of a pike.

So I guess what I want is a fast- playing 4X game that is highly randomised so that the game feels fresh and new each time instead of the exact same game with a different map.

I'm going to have to create this game myself aren't I?
    Not quite a 4k game but They are Billions might fill a void. Certainly done in a few hours when the Zombies find the chink in your fencing. I usually avoid anything Zombie related (and I'm a big fan of strategy games like CK2 etc) but this ones had me coming back for the reasons you want above.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thread Information