Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 367 of 383 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5739
Like Tree801Likes

Thread: Gaming discussion

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, I have a friend who without fail sends me a text message every day which just says "Play Dark Souls".

I have no doubt that it is good and all, and occasionally when I play it I feel like "Yeah, alright, I'm getting it". But the difficult to reward ratio is just too heavily skewed in the wrong direction for me. When I've really made an effort to concentrate and work hard I have made progress, but when I finish playing for the day I just feel knackered and stressed out, more than I did when I started. And that's just not what I want from an entertainment experience that lasts upwards of 30 hours etc. haha
    The constant threat of death is so absorbing though. It's good for stress because it demands all of your concentration, thereby switching off all other thoughts. Then when you stop playing and remember what was worrying you, it seems smaller.

In a sense you stress yourself out about something trivial to avoid stressing out about something important. Sport is also great for this.

But DS is more good than it is difficult. The difficulty is just necessary to make the combat as good as it is, if it was any easier you could fight any way you liked and wouldn't have to figure out a strategy.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    The constant threat of death is so absorbing though. It's good for stress because it demands all of your concentration, thereby switching off all other thoughts. Then when you stop playing and remember what was worrying you, it seems smaller.

In a sense you stress yourself out about something trivial to avoid stressing out about something important. Sport is also great for this.

But DS is more good than it is difficult. The difficulty is just necessary to make the combat as good as it is, if it was any easier you could fight any way you liked and wouldn't have to figure out a strategy.
    It's a weird one, because on paper it comes across as the exact sort of thing I should enjoy, but after really making an effort so many times I just don't.

I get entirely what you say about the difficulty, and how making it easy would just defeat the point of the game. For similar reasons I turned up the difficult on Witcher 3 as high as it would go, so that it would force me to play properly rather than just go through the game mowing down peons without any challenge. I think when you do that the relative level of difficulty between Witcher 3 and DS is actually quite similar (DS still probably tougher, but both comparably unforgiving), but with W3 I enjoyed the challenge, and with DS I just feel like I am literally in hell. Maybe that is the point.

I think for me I enjoy games that allow you to go off the beaten track and just doss around doing mundane/sidequest stuff, and allow you to feel like you are actually a part of the world. DS absolutely does this tbf, I very much feel like I am a part of its world. But the problem is that DS' world feels like one massive tunnel of unrelenting misery and doom.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Just climb the tower and do a plunging attack, n00b. The game basically begs you to do it since there's an archer who shoots arrows at you to draw your attention to it.

Now, the Capra demon, that thing is definitely cheap as ****

Edit: Oh wait you actually are talking about the Capra demon. I agree... **** those ****ing dogs
    Oh sorry, yeah, my bad. Taurus demon is easy as pie like you say.

"just play it you'll love it eventually" is such a bad take. Some people just bounce off the stuff you love. Who cares.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    It's a weird one, because on paper it comes across as the exact sort of thing I should enjoy, but after really making an effort so many times I just don't.

I get entirely what you say about the difficulty, and how making it easy would just defeat the point of the game. For similar reasons I turned up the difficult on Witcher 3 as high as it would go, so that it would force me to play properly rather than just go through the game mowing down peons without any challenge. I think when you do that the relative level of difficulty between Witcher 3 and DS is actually quite similar (DS still probably tougher, but both comparably unforgiving), but with W3 I enjoyed the challenge, and with DS I just feel like I am literally in hell. Maybe that is the point.

I think for me I enjoy games that allow you to go off the beaten track and just doss around doing mundane/sidequest stuff, and allow you to feel like you are actually a part of the world. DS absolutely does this tbf, I very much feel like I am a part of its world. But the problem is that DS' world feels like one massive tunnel of unrelenting misery and doom.
    Yeah sounds like you don't really like the aesthetic. Not a lot you can do about that. For similar reasons there's almost nothing sci-fi based that I like.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    I'm sure no one cares but top 10 Souls/bloodborne bosses imo:

10) Orphan of Kos
    9) Dancer of the Boreal Valley
    8) Lady Maria
    7) Gerhman
    6) Ornstein and Smough
    5) Abyss Watchers
    4) Soul of Cinder
    3) Artorius
    2) Slave Knight Gael
    1) Ludwig the Holy Blade
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

The issue I have with the Gael fight is that it becomes both boring and easy if your strategy is to keep rolling back, wait for leap attack (super frequent), dodge into him, mash R1 3-4 times as he gets staggered, repeat. It works really well for both his first and third phase and is OP if you use a UGS. You can say the same about the first phase of Ook, Friede but at least they have super ****ed up last phases to make up for it. Still a great fight though but not in my top 10.

Say what you want about Laurence and his bullshit tracking, hit boxes, damage and arena but you canít really have a cogent, simple strategy like that for him.

I agree Ludwig is the best. Only other contender for me would be the twin princes of Lothric fight, you have to keep adjusting your position completely every few seconds, great music and lore. I loved Midir, Ook, Pontiff (no parry) and Champ Gundyr (no parry). Laurence is a bullshit fight, esp at a lower level but it was so insanely satisfying and demanding, not fighting him again tho.

Artorias, Gherman, O & S to finish it off.
    Last edited by Teja.; 11-04-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: ...

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Dark souls 1 is actually pretty forgiving tbh looking back. Bloodborne and ds3 have massive early game difficulty spikes which make a lot of people give up. Gascoigne in bloodborne is actually harder than many of the later bosses and a majority of the people who stop playing do so after losing to him 15 times in a row. Dark Souls 1 doesn't quite have an early wall that brutal.

Sekiro definitely feels the hardest so far.
    *raises hand*

I always mean to go back to it but can never quite muster up the inclination. A shame because I did enjoy Bloodborne up to then.

Is Sekiro a From Software game or is it Dark Souls esque?

It's FromSoft.

Assasin's Creed Unity available for free on Uplay for the next week.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Assasin's Creed Unity available for free on Uplay for the next week.
    It's a fun game if you ignore the crap story and the in-your-face microtransactions. Much more stealth oriented than anything they've put out there and the co-op mode was very fun. The game is beautiful to boot.
    Ausage likes this.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Finished Sekiro today. Game is definitely a lot of fun. I have no problem with an easy mode being introduced though. The bosses are definitely a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    Finished Sekiro today. Game is definitely a lot of fun. I have no problem with an easy mode being introduced though. The bosses are definitely a handful.
    Good going. Iím still not done, got to Owl but been roaming around trying to be completist instead. Not had much time to play lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Good going. I’m still not done, got to Owl but been roaming around trying to be completist instead. Not had much time to play lately.
    Tbf I was hooked and spent all my free time playing. Last time it happened was Arkham City a few years ago.

Also I think you have to be completist to not be at a disadvantage against the bosses. Those prayer beads and gourd seeds are handy.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    I agree Ludwig is the best. Only other contender for me would be the twin princes of Lothric fight, you have to keep adjusting your position completely every few seconds, great music and lore. I loved Midir, Ook, Pontiff (no parry) and Champ Gundyr (no parry). Laurence is a bullshit fight, esp at a lower level but it was so insanely satisfying and demanding, not fighting him again tho.

Artorias, Gherman, O & S to finish it off.
    Midir and Laurence are both bullshit fights. Felt pretty much zero satisfaction after beating them because I pretty much just had to get lucky.

I don't think you're wrong about the Gael fight but I love his arsenal of moves, the arena is amazing and the music too...that transition into the second phase is second only to Ludwig.

Thread Information