Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 366 of 383 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5741
Like Tree801Likes

Thread: Gaming discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    If you're really stuck you can just run past him. I did it by mistake.

I think it mostly gets easier as you go, not harder. The combined effect of you improving and your character improving is larger than the bosses getting tougher. Plus the world really opens up later on so you can pick what order to fight them.

I'm still not anywhere close to finishing it though.
    I beat him somehow . I didn't feel like I improved much though, it was a lot of button mashing. I felt that he was friendly compared to the Chained Ogre that comes later. That thing was a night mare. Not really fun too. I don't really like the bosses that don't have a sword, at least the parrying is fun.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I beat him somehow . I didn't feel like I improved much though, it was a lot of button mashing. I felt that he was friendly compared to the Chained Ogre that comes later. That thing was a night mare. Not really fun too. I don't really like the bosses that don't have a sword, at least the parrying is fun.
    Aha I thought Chained Ogre was one of the easiest bosses. Probably because he's the boss you need the most Dark Souls-esque strategy for.

For whatever reason I really struggled with the general that comes right after Chained Ogre.

Aha I thought Chained Ogre was one of the easiest bosses. Probably because he's the boss you need the most Dark Souls-esque strategy for.

For whatever reason I really struggled with the general that comes right after Chained Ogre.
    Heh. Just raged quit after half an hour of that general.

Sekiro gives you that adrenaline rush like no other game. Not many games are this difficult these days. I don't think I am going to be able to complete it but somehow I keep coming back to it after getting my ass whupped multiple times.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    How does the relentless ass-whipping compare to Dark Souls?

I enjoy it when games are difficult, but have no time at all for what feels like utterly unforgiving relentless misery.

I like the look of Sekiro, but I am wary of the Dark Souls comparisons, and I have about as much desire to play another Dark Souls games as I do to put my fingers into a food processor.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    How does the relentless ass-whipping compare to Dark Souls?

I enjoy it when games are difficult, but have no time at all for what feels like utterly unforgiving relentless misery.

I like the look of Sekiro, but I am wary of the Dark Souls comparisons, and I have about as much desire to play another Dark Souls games as I do to put my fingers into a food processor.
    It's harder than Dark Souls. Maybe on a par with Dark Souls 3.

Tbf the stuff in between the boss fights is easier than it was in DS, and also more fun. But there are a loooot of boss fights.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    It's harder than Dark Souls. Maybe on a par with Dark Souls 3.

Tbf the stuff in between the boss fights is easier than it was in DS, and also more fun. But there are a loooot of boss fights.

Just give it a little tappy, a little tap tap-aroo.
    I survived Dark Souls after I switched to a controller. Mouse/keyboard on those games is suffering.
    Last edited by Mike5181; 10-04-2019 at 06:10 AM.

I am playing with keyboard and mouse and it's pretty decent imo. I haven't played Dark souls so can't compare but I think it has some similarities with the boss fights in Prince of Persia. I actually like that the game rewards aggressive 'get in the face of the enemy' playstyle instead of pussyfooting around and chipping their health. Makes you actually feel like a badass shinobi.

Just put your fingers in the food processor. The unnecessarily steep DS learning curve is a gateway to everything From Software has done since, so with every year you don't get over it you miss out on more and more ATG games.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 10-04-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Dark souls 1 is actually pretty forgiving tbh looking back. Bloodborne and ds3 have massive early game difficulty spikes which make a lot of people give up. Gascoigne in bloodborne is actually harder than many of the later bosses and a majority of the people who stop playing do so after losing to him 15 times in a row. Dark Souls 1 doesn't quite have an early wall that brutal.

Sekiro definitely feels the hardest so far.
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 10-04-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Just put your fingers in the food processor. The unnecessarily steep DS learning curve is a gateway to everything From Software has done since, so with every year you don't get over it you miss out on more and more ATG games.
    Haha, I have a friend who without fail sends me a text message every day which just says "Play Dark Souls".

I have no doubt that it is good and all, and occasionally when I play it I feel like "Yeah, alright, I'm getting it". But the difficult to reward ratio is just too heavily skewed in the wrong direction for me. When I've really made an effort to concentrate and work hard I have made progress, but when I finish playing for the day I just feel knackered and stressed out, more than I did when I started. And that's just not what I want from an entertainment experience that lasts upwards of 30 hours etc. haha

Haha, I have a friend who without fail sends me a text message every day which just says "Play Dark Souls".

I have no doubt that it is good and all, and occasionally when I play it I feel like "Yeah, alright, I'm getting it". But the difficult to reward ratio is just too heavily skewed in the wrong direction for me. When I've really made an effort to concentrate and work hard I have made progress, but when I finish playing for the day I just feel knackered and stressed out, more than I did when I started. And that's just not what I want from an entertainment experience that lasts upwards of 30 hours etc. haha
    Sekiro feels more like a fighting game though. It's not stressful if that helps. Maybe a little annoying at times.

I just remember my nightmarish encounter(s) with the Taurus demon.

The bastard would just spring on you immediately, pin you in the corner of the very enclosed area you had to fight him in, and pummel the **** out of you (whilst those ****ing dogs constantly nipped at you as well).

Felt very cheap.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Just climb the tower and do a plunging attack, n00b. The game basically begs you to do it since there's an archer who shoots arrows at you to draw your attention to it.

Now, the Capra demon, that thing is definitely cheap as ****

Edit: Oh wait you actually are talking about the Capra demon. I agree... **** those ****ing dogs
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 10-04-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Thread Information