Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 357 of 385 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5767
Like Tree812Likes

Thread: Gaming discussion

State Vice-Captain
    Dota auto chess is actually pretty fun. I have no knowledge at all about Dota but it is still very accessible. Also, it's single player so you don't have to worry about bad teammates / teammates yelling at you
    Ausage likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Dota auto chess is actually pretty fun. I have no knowledge at all about Dota but it is still very accessible. Also, it's single player so you don't have to worry about bad teammates / teammates yelling at you
    Yeah I'm tempted, it's like Pokemon from Warcraft 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

There would be something extremely meta about a DotA2 custom game becoming more popular than the game it's built in.
    Chewie, Athlai and Bijed like this.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    For someone who hasn't played a basketball game since NBA Live '96 on the snes (or maybe NBA '99 on PSX), is NBA2k19 worth getting?

edit: for Switch. I hear NBA2k18 is **** (though super cheap).
    Last edited by NZTailender; 29-01-2019 at 01:10 AM.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Yeah as a definite casual gamer, going up against people who play it daily for hours is really demoralising. Even tried ****ing Fortnite to see what the fuss was about. Can see why people get addicted - you kind of need to to be good.
    For me playing games is similar to read a book. A big part of the enjoyment I get is being able to take my time, take it all in etc. Generally I find online games do not often allow for this because of their hectic and frenetic nature. For adversarial games anyway, probably different for MMORPGs etc. but I have never got into those somehow.
    NZTailender likes this.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    For me playing games is similar to read a book. A big part of the enjoyment I get is being able to take my time, take it all in etc. Generally I find online games do not often allow for this because of their hectic and frenetic nature. For adversarial games anyway, probably different for MMORPGs etc. but I have never got into those somehow.
    I find I go one of two ways.

With some games, I want to play a pure online game - such as CS:GO or LoL - where the sole goal is to beat other humans.

Alternatively, I play a game purely for the storyline and character development - not only do I not want to deal with other online players; I barely care about the gameplay at all, and will often YouTube how to do things just so I can progress to the next stage of the story.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    For someone who hasn't played a basketball game since NBA Live '96 on the snes (or maybe NBA '99 on PSX), is NBA2k19 worth getting?

edit: for Switch. I hear NBA2k18 is **** (though super cheap).
    The last 2K I played was 2K16 and I thought it was pretty decent. I imagine you can't really go wrong with a newer 2K if you're paying almost nothing for it, as long as the microtransactions don't bother you. I'd go for 17 or 18 unless rosters updates are super important for you.

I reckon dcye or duffer would have better feedback.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Nah I don't really play sports games anymore. Last one I played was 2K17, which I got in Humble Monthly. I only played 11hrs of which 95% would have been in GM mode.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    This isn't true. They may not be supporting them heavily but theres a few big publishers producing them. Mostly Sony tbf.

Last year we got Spider-Man, God of War, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Detroit:Become Human, Shadow of the Tomb Raider,
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Quite a few on the Switch too, and Nintendo games don't have microtransactions either (apart from their free mobile games)
    yea fair. desire to give publishers the spray they deserve might have gotten in the way there.

there should be a new jimquisition out today. i might go watch that odd angry man rain hellfire.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    The last 2K I played was 2K16 and I thought it was pretty decent. I imagine you can't really go wrong with a newer 2K if you're paying almost nothing for it, as long as the microtransactions don't bother you. I'd go for 17 or 18 unless rosters updates are super important for you.

I reckon dcye or duffer would have better feedback.
    I've basically given up on sports games because of this these days

Especially those made by 2K

**** those guys

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I've basically given up on sports games because of this these days

Especially those made by 2K

**** those guys
    I mean, I don't really care as long as it's not overbearing and they're only locking superficial crap behind the microtransactions. A bad example is AC: Unity that had a ridiculous amount of pop-ups asking you to buy credits or whatever. As long as that's not the case, I'm ok with it. In the US at least, the price of buying a new game has not increased in something like 15 years so I'm very ok with it as long as its handled with tact.

That said, as I haven't played any sports games lately aside from Ashes Cricket so I don't know how bad they've gotten.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 29-01-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I mean, I don't really care as long as it's not overbearing and they're only locking superficial crap behind the microtransactions. A bad example is AC: Unity that had a ridiculous amount of pop-ups asking you to buy credits or whatever. As long as that's not the case, I'm ok with it. In the US at least, the price of buying a new game has not increased in something like 15 years so I'm very ok with it as long as its handled with tact.

That said, as I haven't played any sports games lately aside from Ashes Cricket so I don't know how bad they've gotten.
    I understand that some of the more recent 2K games are basically unplayable without them these days, according to Jim Sterling anyway.

MyPlayer is basically unplayable without buying VC, unless you have an insane amount of free time. Which is probably part of the reason I stopped playing them, because that was the main reason I got into the 2K games.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    I played 2k19 a lot and tried very hard to like it. Don't get it.

Microtransactions aren't the only thing. I could write an essay about how ****ed up literally everything in the game is. And after everything else, I had to throw my hands up and laugh when I noticed they made the whole timeout cutscene and the first five seconds unskippable just so they could force a Gatorade ad on you, and then scripted a minimum amount of timeouts called every game.

Don't go anywhere near that trash.
    Last edited by Agent TBY; 29-01-2019 at 05:53 AM.
    orz

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    It's not really the obnoxious in game ads urging you to splurge real money that bother me. It's when this crap starts affecting in game progression that it really becomes annoying. Career mode was completely ****ed in the arse by this in 2k,apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Thread Information