Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 316 of 385 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 5767
Like Tree812Likes

Thread: Gaming discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    God I’d hate that. Is there any actual sign that pay to win games are aimed at children gambling? Doesn’t all data point to whales being the drive behind loot boxes? And that it isn’t an urge to gamble but rather a means to accelerate deliberately slowed progression systems?

Shark cards or any sort in game currency that can be used to buy an advantage over other players being incentivised is the problem. Not random chance being used as part of a progression system. Does anyone really view Dota, or Overwatch or CounterStrike’s lootbox systems as a plague on gaming?
    Definitely not DotA's. It's a free game that makes all of its content available and the cosmetics offer absolutely no power benefit. Not even the pseudo benefit of looking significantly different like some of LoL's skins do. Overwatch is a paid game, so I'm less tolerant of it there, but again it doesn't limit any of the content so I find it hard to care. I don't know much about CS, but I know the skins marketplace was shutdown by Valve some time ago so I'd say that skirts the edge much more closely. Sounds like Battlefront was a paid game that also limited actual content, hence the outburst.

I'm torn on the presence of purchasable cosmetic content in BTP games. On one hand it feels rotten to see things cost money in a game you paid for, on the other hand games still cost the same or cheaper than they did 30 years ago. Yes there's economies of scale and development tools have improved but I can't imagine box receipts cover costs in the same way they did back then, particularly for games like Overwatch which are potentially going to receive developer support for decades (Blizzard still support WC3 for example). It's much worse in games that are ostensibly single player only.

I think the biggest plague in gaming is always online DRM in single player games. Diablo 3 the forerunner in that regard. On top of the obvious functional problems (and it being entirely unnecessary), the fact is that one day it'll be unavailable to the public as a piece of art is sickening.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Cricketer Of The Year SillyCowCorner1's Avatar
    So what's up with the Call of Duty cover?

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    Not even paid marketing on reddit and buying out all the moderators can save EA from the Battlefront scandal.

It's about time there was some proper backlash against microtransactions. I keep seeing on steam people defending absurd prices for the most minimal additions of content that should have accompanied a game on release and it's just bizarre.
    Isn't the irony about the whole Battlefront backlash that people have been moaning about being charged for content that in ye good olde days would have been unlocked, yet are moaning about how the heroes in Battlefront are now unlocked after a certain number of hours?

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Definitely not DotA's. It's a free game that makes all of its content available and the cosmetics offer absolutely no power benefit. Not even the pseudo benefit of looking significantly different like some of LoL's skins do. Overwatch is a paid game, so I'm less tolerant of it there, but again it doesn't limit any of the content so I find it hard to care. I don't know much about CS, but I know the skins marketplace was shutdown by Valve some time ago so I'd say that skirts the edge much more closely. Sounds like Battlefront was a paid game that also limited actual content, hence the outburst.
    They used to do keys for the boxes a while back didn't they? I recall using them to bet on professional games on dota2lounge. It was basically gambling, no other way around it. Not sure if the keys still exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    They used to do keys for the boxes a while back didn't they? I recall using them to bet on professional games on dota2lounge. It was basically gambling, no other way around it. Not sure if the keys still exist anymore.
    Sort of. They were essentially loot boxes weren't they? They still have the treasures which give you a random cosmetic out of 10 odd possibilities. They all generally look fantastic (the recent Warhammer ones were awesome), but they do vary in rarity. Not really any worse than what the majority of the industry is doing and DotA's the most free game I've ever played (equal with PoE) so I'm willing to give it a little more leeway than others.

I think pulling skins betting on D2L happened at the same time Valve banned gambling with CS skins no? Sounds like Valve's legal department took a harder look at the legality of it all and determined treasures (loot boxes) were ok but actual betting on in game currency wasn't.

International Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    So addicted to Fortnite right now. Not played anything this fun in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome..its a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Video games are getting your kids addicted to gambling" seems a simple headline for them to come up with.
    And just like that...

The State Of Hawaii Investigating EA For "Predatory Practices" - News - www.GameInformer.com

Belgium cracking down too.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Governments in swooping on opportunity to crack down on video games shocker.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Good
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

I'm torn on the presence of purchasable cosmetic content in BTP games. On one hand it feels rotten to see things cost money in a game you paid for, on the other hand games still cost the same or cheaper than they did 30 years ago. Yes there's economies of scale and development tools have improved but I can't imagine box receipts cover costs in the same way they did back then, particularly for games like Overwatch which are potentially going to receive developer support for decades (Blizzard still support WC3 for example). It's much worse in games that are ostensibly single player only.

I think the biggest plague in gaming is always online DRM in single player games. Diablo 3 the forerunner in that regard. On top of the obvious functional problems (and it being entirely unnecessary), the fact is that one day it'll be unavailable to the public as a piece of art is sickening.
    As if these publishers really care about that though.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Governments in swooping on opportunity to crack down on video games shocker.
    Don't necessarily disagree, but please don't lure Ikki and Watson in here. This is one of the better threads left on CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    They definitely don't. The least they can do is not be ****s and stay out of the way when private servers come out for dead games.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    On top of the obvious functional problems (and it being entirely unnecessary), the fact is that one day it'll be unavailable to the public as a piece of art is sickening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    This is why piracy is awesome tbf. Most video game companies care so little about game preservation it's embarrassing.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Don't necessarily disagree, but please don't lure Ikki and Watson in here. This is one of the better threads left on CW.
    Ideally the threat of a Morally Outraged Mothers Act 2018 pushes the industry to self-regulate. The current situation is obviously unacceptable but the government would probably botch its response.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Ideally the threat of a Morally Outraged Mothers Act 2018 pushes the industry to self-regulate. The current situation is obviously unacceptable but the government would probably botch its response.
    Yeah, completely agree.

Thread Information