Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why people don't stay the distance?

PY

Why people don't stay the distance?

Just had a look at the list of members and when everyone joined and posts and stuff. No new member has posted more than 19 posts since February and that was 'krkode'. Wondered whether anyone can think of a reason and/or anything we can do about it?
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    maybe we need to think of something woth talking about then lol.
    no im kidding, we talk about plenty of interesting things.

Id say it has something to do with the site, dont get me wrong, i love the cricketweb site, i think its awesome, but my brother told me he reckons its boring and doesnt have anything different to the other cricket sites. hence why he has only posted some 10-15 times here.

I think the new weekly competition where you can win prizes is a very good idea. perhaps James could make a rule where you have to be a cricketweb member (registered on the forum) maybe people who werent registered here but still want to enter would post on the forum.
    Maybe if us regular members told a few more people on the net about the forums we might get a lot more interest.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Here's one member whos going more than 19 posts.....but i'm not genuinely new

Back to the topic,our forum doesnt have enough speed,posts are not frequent enough,its like u check back every 4-5 hours and theres like 5 new posts.Fast-paced forums genuinely attract members to post more and therefore gather more interest.I remember myself being quite frustrated with the slow nature of this forum once,guess thats the general feeling amongst new members even though our topics are quite interesting!
    orz

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I personally don't think it's that slow a forum.

There's always posts to reply to when I come on.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Yea but its 1 or 2 posts in 1 or 2 threadsin 1 or 2 forums.for newcomerswhove been here for 1 or 2 days it isnt good enough.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    the forums here are faster than most forums around, fast enough for me , anyway, posting will be fatsre when more people post alot
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Definitely.

I remember after the Natwest Final last summer, the place went absolutlely mental for a few weeks, and at that point my computer crashed for 3 weeks.

It almost literally took me a day to catch up when I returned.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    yea , this site has its ups and downs like most things...
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Originally posted by marc71178
    Definitely.

I remember after the Natwest Final last summer, the place went absolutlely mental for a few weeks, and at that point my computer crashed for 3 weeks.

It almost literally took me a day to catch up when I returned.
    Those were the golden days of this forum . You didn't want to miss those discussions even if you were not posting

Naah I reckon it certainly fast enough for me, also I love the thought of community where I know you guys, its like a family, don't get me wrong I'm certainly not against new members joining, in fact I like it when I see new members, perhaps we reply to each other so much like friends, it seems a bit of a 'closed' family room in a restaurant.
    "And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it" - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    IMO the forum is quite slow...especially recently. I myself am on 'study leave' for a week before my CXC (Caribbean GCE equivalent) exams and have alot of free time. As scuh, I have made a conscious effort to keep the dialogue flowing, but at times it come almost to a stand still.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    i think the dry times are long gone on the forums

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    IMO the forum is quite slow...especially recently. I myself am on 'study leave' for a week before my CXC (Caribbean GCE equivalent) exams and have alot of free time. As scuh, I have made a conscious effort to keep the dialogue flowing, but at times it come almost to a stand still.
    LE hasnt been around much, ive been on holidays, blewy has been working heaps, obvious to me there aint as many people around to post as much

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    People have other things to do.

When the World Cup was on, I lived on the forum (OK, we were doing ball-by-ball and the like) but now, well, I'm busyish and just pop on for a quick read every day or two.

My pal at the shop (not a member but an avid CW reader) said the other day "Where is the duck nowadays?" so maybe it's time to give him something to do again.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Duck Hunting Season again already?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information